What's new

Blues 3 Ways! The ShowDown

S

SPG.

^ Well i have said the Guy i got it off called her Livers Initially then Changed that to the "Meanie" or Blue Meanie!??!?? ..He Settled on BLUE MEANIE.
^Nice "level" Canopy

"HEMPEROR"

well here,s a few pics just to add to our suspisions lol i thought they looked very alike from day 1 and did a little digging! her,s a pic i nicked from vrg,s original blues album over at the other forum and here,s a shot of zamzia,s blue meanie tree grow(hope you dont mind zam)
take note of the big fan leaf going over the wood and the leaf in zams pic just above where i writ something ? wot ya reck?
picture.php

picture.php

i think we may have uncovered something here folks?

Last edited:
F

Fields~of~Green

OMG im gunna have to come round with a spirit level and check that canopy out myself lol excellent stuff hemp pal

im hoping bm and livers are not the same mate

"HEMPEROR"

mmm i dont know bro but if there not the same then i believe 100% that meanie is a blues x for sure but just the fact that spg said it came as livers and the pics of zams meanie and vrg,s deffo has me thinking it most likely is the same! one things for sure so far there all growing at the same rate and the stem rub from all 3 are identical either way lets wait till the end and if need be ill get sample opinions from a few good friends also your growing the livers cut now and you,ve done meanie so your opinions not too far down the road!:biggrin:

Last edited:
F

Fields~of~Green

^ Well i have said the Guy i got it off called her Livers Initially then Changed that to the "Meanie" or Blue Meanie!??!?? ..He Settled on BLUE MEANIE.

why on earth do people feel the need to change shit this is where all the confusion comes from

F

Fields~of~Green

mmm i dont know bro but if there not the same then i believe 100% that meanie is a blues x for sure but just the fact that spg said it came as livers and the pics of zams meanie and vrg,s deffo has me thinking it most likely is the same! one things for sure so far there all growing at the same rate and the stem rub from all 3 are identical either way lets wait till the end and if need be ill get sample opinions from a few good friends also your growing the livers cut now and you,ve done meanie so your opinions not too far down the road!:biggrin:

just looked back at my old pics and I see what you mean :tiphat:

S

SPG.

INITIALLY he Says that Ive said this from the OFF..But then thought Some and Soon resided with less Confusion?!-on the Name "meanie" or Blue meanie and has done Forever Since..
Too Elaborate a little

Last edited:

"HEMPEROR"

one thing i wanna know is how long back does the strain blue meanie go? i mean was there ever a blue meanie b4 this name change on this particular cut? if the answer is no then its obvious but if blue meanie was spoke about before then they could just be alike! lets see wot comes of this b4 hurling accusations around i for one dont mind cuz either way its a wicked cut!

mack 10

Veteran
I have grown the original Blues, (aka livers, blueberry skunk etc.)
My own "macks blues" (blues x UK cheese/blueberry)
And the Blue Meanie side by side by side.

They are not the same.

The livers has a more fruity blues taste, the meanie is not as pronounced and
No pear drop effect (when smoked) also the livers will take 11 weeks to be properly finished.
Week 9.5-10 she will start to foxtail, the finished look of all 3 is different but very similar.

I will check my notes to be sure but as I remember it,
one was more spicy, ( bm?) The other,
(Macks blues )had an almost petrol twang on the exhale. The livers has that fruity skunky exhale,
And while not the strongest bud in the world the high is great.
Real happy high its a great mood changer for sure.

They are all good

Can't wait for the next update. An some bud pics.

J

jaded1

Hemp,there were blue meanie seeds about for a while a few years back,cant remember where they were sold but they had a few different elevatorman strains(jlo,goldfinger)I assumed that the cut was found in those

"HEMPEROR"

mack was the blue meanie the cut that you grew the same as the cut spg introduced to this community or the one elevator man supposedly made? this is where the confusion is with me? maybe blue meanie is diff but seeing as the cut that had the name change looks so much like vrg,s blues then maybe blue meanie is a diff cut to the one that had the name change! all confusing and like fog said its name changing that fuck things up! i want someone else to run the blues cut i got and the meanie to see wot they have to say! one thing i can say is they did look slightly diff in veg! i know my cut takes 11 weeks to finish fully tho!

S

SPG.

I was about to say that Elevator mans Blue Meanie Looked Less Yielding than the one ive got ?

Im Questioned over the Chem d Cut Too

Yea,Brilliant Elite Strain

"HEMPEROR"

From Spg but a few years ago.
He is basically the owner of Blue meanie,
Now days.

with all due respect tho mack how do you know that the blues cut you grew way back was the real cut or something simular all im saying is pics dont lie and we can see the obvious resemblance in the pics! its the fact that the name was changed thats got me thinking there the same! we will see for sure it could all change in the next 9 weeks

Last edited:

Piff Rhys Jones

🌴 Hugging Trees 🌴
Veteran
Yeah Elevatorman mentioned BM prior to SPG getting it but EM didn't make it, he just spoke of it. He might have crossed it and offered seeds though.

this is 'Blue Meanie' - a cross of the Mystery Strain with Blueberry. I have no details on parentage, but it's very likely that Blueberry was the male, as the MS is a clone-only strain (not for long - watch this space!).

This quote always confused me though as he says what the parents are then says he has no details of the parents?

EM always said Livers and Blues were different cuts. Would you agree Hemp?

Peace

"HEMPEROR"

I was about to say that Elevator mans Blue Meanie Looked Less Yielding than the one ive got ?
Im Questioned over the Chem d Cut Too!

Yep,Brilliant Elite Strain

yeh but your looking at 2 diff grows with 2 diff cuts!
either way im not gunna argue the fact i just wanted to put across that they look the same! but so do many others.....

"HEMPEROR"

Yeah Elevatorman mentioned BM prior to SPG getting it but EM didn't make it, he just spoke of it. He might have crossed it and offered seeds though.

This quote always confused me though as he says what the parents are then says he has no details of the parents?

Peace

yes mate there are a couple cuts in sheff that get passed as blues! i have and have grown both! look very alike towards the end but diff fatter leafs in veg!
here the cut knows as blues or jack!
picture.php

and in beginning of flower
picture.php

Last edited:
S

SPG.

Peace

Haha TY :biggrin: ...i Looked ALOT for that "..Space!"...
zzZzz

F

Fields~of~Green

When I grew the meanie (twice)it was done in under 9wk

I hope it's different because the meanie was nice nothing to rave on about though and from what I hear and read the real livers is exceptional so I hope they are different

One thing that I did notice same as spg is the menthol notes and spicy notes less sweet than I was expecting

That blueberry cut I had was pear drops acetone fruity super sweet aroma and I'm hoping to find that terp profile again

maybe the real livers and blues are different never heard of the blues cut going 10+ wk

Then there's the bluejack that circulates that looks just like blues too

Got the livers going in next Hemp I've grown the meanie and my local buddy has it too had to pass it to him to make way for the new stuff

S

SPG.

Disagree with that quote,she was "Awesome" right from the Off and Remains So.
Im still "raving" about her,Others too.
Although a little more Carefully!.Usually