What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Why I don't believe in f-cking with the sexuality of cannabis

chilliwilli

Waterboy
Veteran
Those prices for weed in the "civilized" world are only that high because of prohibition in turbo capitalism.
1 dollar a gram is what i have paid in cambodia, jamaica, st lucia,..... And not from the farmer that was street price(and getting cheaper if u buy more).

kro-magnon

Veteran
Those prices for weed in the "civilized" world are only that high because of prohibition in turbo capitalism.
1 dollar a gram is what i have paid in cambodia, jamaica, st lucia,..... And not from the farmer that was street price(and getting cheaper if u buy more).
You can't compare prices in countries who don't have the same average income for god sake,in those countries a meal is also dirt cheap but the average salary is at least 10x lower than in your own country. It's not just because of capitalism don't be dumb, in rich countries you have to earn more money to afford a decent living so everything is more expensive compared to a poorer country,that's not so hard to understand.

earthwyrms

how about pollinating feminized seed with regular pollen and making the line regular again ? is pistillate or staminate that the fem females and fem males have something to do with having pistil of stamens but have buds ? are femmed females XX ? i don’t think they get another chromosome. They aren’t a very late stage hermaphrodite are they ? Are hemaphrodites pistillate or staminate ?

earthwyrms

Regular pollen on Fem R1 seeds should give what kind of offspring ? If the genes are similar will it bring it back from the fem side ? i have interest to put fresh Indian and other stock into some R1 female while I reproduce the heirlooms. Also if i tag something high grade with cookies and og femmed, with something cookies and gmo, regular first… i wonder i have better shots at stability. Also , does high temp and low water bring out the hermies and femme proned ones more reliably and does it change the epigenome and how it’s seeds are ?

kro-magnon

Veteran
Regular pollen on Fem R1 seeds should give what kind of offspring ? If the genes are similar will it bring it back from the fem side ? i have interest to put fresh Indian and other stock into some R1 female while I reproduce the heirlooms. Also if i tag something high grade with cookies and og femmed, with something cookies and gmo, regular first… i wonder i have better shots at stability. Also , does high temp and low water bring out the hermies and femme proned ones more reliably and does it change the epigenome and how it’s seeds are ?
Cool down, you've thrown many questions in only 2 posts, breathe a bit.
If you polinate a plant from fem seeds with a regular male the offspring will yield some males and females.I can't tell you for the other questions,I don't really understand what you ask.

Dime

how about pollinating feminized seed with regular pollen and making the line regular again ? is pistillate or staminate that the fem females and fem males have something to do with having pistil of stamens but have buds ? are femmed females XX ? i don’t think they get another chromosome. They aren’t a very late stage hermaphrodite are they ? Are hemaphrodites pistillate or staminate ?
I thnk it depends on the strain. I have old ak47 and some of the males will hermy but not the gals

chilliwilli

Waterboy
Veteran
It's not just because of capitalism don't be dumb,
its mostly because of prohibition.
Weed is a farm product that would cost close to nothing if everyone just could grow it.

You can't compare prices in countries who don't have the same average income for god sake,in those countries a meal is also dirt cheap but the average salary is at least 10x lower than in your own country.
Thats also not true because the income is 10 times less but cost of living is more half price or 1/3. market is cheaper in those countries but supermarket is probably more expensive than in europe or america.

eastcoastjoe

Lots of chatter from the pros but no plant pics at all........lolz.
Calling him intern aint no different than shitstain.
Show me some quality down the generational line.

Right. Just like people acting like a global genepool savior because they reproduced some seeds someone shared with them. Never claimed to be anything but these guys make it same like they are the experts. I do grow weed to 🤷🏻‍♂️

F3570993-B775-4762-AAEE-B6A409A2729F.jpeg
E5030E61-4066-4B3D-9CD1-6B346423E82C.jpeg
6367F3A4-2BDD-4154-98AE-A3B0C491811E.jpeg
CA4E806E-9C8C-4D82-89E8-7E943A656E77.jpeg
EFF855CA-C484-4767-B3E7-AB6FF500F11C.jpeg
415064A7-6C83-4E54-AE53-01582286F9DF.jpeg

Last edited:

kro-magnon

Veteran
its mostly because of prohibition.
Weed is a farm product that would cost close to nothing if everyone just could grow it.

Thats also not true because the income is 10 times less but cost of living is more half price or 1/3. market is cheaper in those countries but supermarket is probably more expensive than in europe or america.
Weed is grown indoor where energy costs play a big part, outdoor grown buds are cheaper in Europe compared to indoor because of production costs.
You compare coutrie's economy by income not cost of living, in those poor countries most locals don't buy a big % of their food in supermarket because they can't afford it,it is mainly for tourists like you.

kro-magnon

Veteran
Right. Just like people acting like a global genepool savior because they reproduced some seeds someone shared with them. Never claimed to be anything but these guys make it same like they are the experts. I do grow weed to 🤷🏻‍♂️

View attachment 19038397 View attachment 19038398 View attachment 19038399 View attachment 19038400 View attachment 19038401 View attachment 19038404
Your plant on the last picture look a lot like one of my Sowahh from Karma, what is it?

chilliwilli

Waterboy
Veteran
Weed is grown indoor where energy costs play a big part
For me its less than 50 cent per g for 120d sativas energy cost. Iirc the first times i heard about canadian big scale production cost was about 60 cent/g. Last time it was more like 1,6$/g with all the high testing levels.
Don't know if this was only a one time thing but there was a season of less than a $/g for distillate.

Its the prohibition that causes the high prices.

earthwyrms

Weed is grown indoor where energy costs play a big part, outdoor grown buds are cheaper in Europe compared to indoor because of production costs.
You compare coutrie's economy by income not cost of living, in those poor countries most locals don't buy a big % of their food in supermarket because they can't afford it,it is mainly for tourists like you.
in europe (regarding buying somewhere besides the supermarket, akin to buying from the grower) but in thailand and more impoverished countries, do you mean because of self sustaining farming, them getting food by their own hand or at lower cost rurally ?