What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Why I don't believe in f-cking with the sexuality of cannabis

Verdant Whisperer

I'm not sure any country has grown sisemilia for centuries as you pretend, where did you find this info?
If pollen contamination was really a major problem it would come from hemp and CBD plants.And claiming weed should 1€/G is absurd, farmers deserve to earn a decent living and indoor production cost is already at this price.
And it's more rare for plants to herm outdoor. I'm sorry but none of your post makes sense
Historically, the tropical coastal region of Odisha (Orissa) and its inland jungle highlands are close to the centre of origin of Sativas and the ‘sinsemilla technique’. Ganja has long been both a household herb here and a commercial crop.

The method of roguing out males to produce a harvest of seedless, resinous buds was first described in a 15th century alchemical compendium, the Ānandakanda. The text was compiled at Srisailam, in the inland jungle highlands immediately south of Odisha.

The regions of East India along the Bay of Bengal are crucial centres from which Sativa landraces diffused to regions such as Thailand and East Africa during the Age of Sail. "https://therealseedcompany.com/product/orissa-gold-cannabis-landrace/"
also ICmag Thread about Indian Landraces something is mentioned about the connection with the british and sin-semilla for east indian trading company, as far as bud prices the only places in the world where weed is expensive is where they have it strictly regulated, I am buying some of the most fire bud ive smoked from mexico and in bulk pricing it cost me 1$ a gram and its stronger than any dispensary weed and gives better and longer high. Look at weed prices in thailand and india for really good grown buds. anywhere where there is alot of supply the cost will be cheaper the mexican farmers are probably only getting around 200-400$ a kg maybe and this is some fire.

Porky82

Historically, the tropical coastal region of Odisha (Orissa) and its inland jungle highlands are close to the centre of origin of Sativas and the ‘sinsemilla technique’. Ganja has long been both a household herb here and a commercial crop.

The method of roguing out males to produce a harvest of seedless, resinous buds was first described in a 15th century alchemical compendium, the Ānandakanda. The text was compiled at Srisailam, in the inland jungle highlands immediately south of Odisha.

The regions of East India along the Bay of Bengal are crucial centres from which Sativa landraces diffused to regions such as Thailand and East Africa during the Age of Sail. "https://therealseedcompany.com/product/orissa-gold-cannabis-landrace/"
also ICmag Thread about Indian Landraces something is mentioned about the connection with the british and sin-semilla for east indian trading company, as far as bud prices the only places in the world where weed is expensive is where they have it strictly regulated, I am buying some of the most fire bud ive smoked from mexico and in bulk pricing it cost me 1$ a gram and its stronger than any dispensary weed and gives better and longer high. Look at weed prices in thailand and india for really good grown buds. anywhere where there is alot of supply the cost will be cheaper the mexican farmers are probably only getting around 200-400$ a kg maybe and this is some fire.
Once again Mexicans are getting fucked. Do you know how much effort it takes to produce a gram of bud and you think it's worth $1 🤣

eastcoastjoe

If people need stronger weed for their bowl, I would recommend something in the Chem / OG department. That seems to cut through the weaker varieties I see the novices grow

Verdant Whisperer

I'm not sure any country has grown sisemilia for centuries as you pretend, where did you find this info?
If pollen contamination was really a major problem it would come from hemp and CBD plants.And claiming weed should 1€/G is absurd, farmers deserve to earn a decent living and indoor production cost is already at this price.
And it's more rare for plants to herm outdoor. I'm sorry but none of your post makes sens

Once again Mexicans are getting fucked. Do you know how much effort it takes to produce a gram of bud and you think it's worth $1 🤣
most definetly worth it. this is fire

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2024-07-25 at 07.29.55_61523d7a.jpg
    WhatsApp Image 2024-07-25 at 07.29.55_61523d7a.jpg
    322.6 KB · Views: 22

Porky82

I also went to Thailand 9 months ago and weed ain't cheap there unless you have a local hook up. $30 Australian for anything half decent up to $45 for top quality!

kro-magnon

Veteran

You can't compare the selling prices of countries who don't have the same average income than western countries or you don't understand economy.
About the supposed sensimilia from India I try to find some info but it's not easy, if it was a thing centuries ago why having seeded buds untill the 80's.
About the stray pollen from fem seeds outdoor it can't have a big impact on the gene pool unlike huge field of hemp and CBD.

kro-magnon

Veteran
most definetly worth it. this is fire
Worth it for you who comes with your dollar and rip off farmers who have to work hard in their fields, I come from a farmer family and I despise people who buy the crop at the lowest price possible when they could afford to pay a decent price. You're the typical american who wants to see the farmers growing old strains with a small yield compared to modern stuff and you don't even pay them a decent price for working those old lines.

dogzter

Drapetomaniac
Lots of chatter from the pros but no plant pics at all........lolz.
Calling him intern aint no different than shitstain.
Show me some quality down the generational line.

Verdant Whisperer

You can't compare the selling prices of countries who don't have the same average income than western countries or you don't understand economy.
About the supposed sensimilia from India I try to find some info but it's not easy, if it was a thing centuries ago why having seeded buds untill the 80's.
About the stray pollen from fem seeds outdoor it can't have a big impact on the gene pool unlike huge field of hemp and CBD.
You can't compare the selling prices of countries who don't have the same average income than western countries or you don't understand economy. - If the USA had the same production country wide as outdoor thailand the price for good outdoor high quality buds would be around 1$ a gram, its like 10-25 cents a gram for good outdoor in thailand at kg prices. i am not talking about someone getting an eigth from the dispensary im talking about general cost.
About the supposed sensimilia from India I try to find some info but it's not easy, if it was a thing centuries ago why having seeded buds untill the 80's. - Yeah so the reason they have seeds is because they are all from early hermies with sacks or nanners there could be a stray male or two left in line but they probably cull it...., at one point the lines where probably more stable im guessing around the time the british where in control. who knows when but now it will take good selection to revive those lines to a mostly monecious variety.

About the stray pollen from fem seeds outdoor it can't have a big impact on the gene pool unlike huge field of hemp and CBD. - I agree, but its something that crossed my mind at moment of typing message, the other guy made a good point the nanner pollen doesn't travel far.

kro-magnon

Veteran
You don't make sense about India in the article on the real seed co they talk of ganja doctor who can spot males and herm so there is no seeds, that subject lacks serious sources.
With the median income in the US the weed price can't be the same than in Thailand.
About mex weed you're the one bragging about buying good weed for dirt cheap ne need to jump to conclusions for me.

Last edited:

mudballs

Lots of chatter from the pros but no plant pics at all........lolz.
Calling him intern aint no different than shitstain.
Show me some quality down the generational line.
It's very different...one can get me in trouble, the other, not so much

Verdant Whisperer

You don't make sense about India in the article on the real seed co they talk of ganja who can spot m
I appreciate you asking questions and allowing me to explain myself i understand that comment about 1$ a gram weed was a pretty big statement and got a rise out of you and possibly others. its hard not to get offended sometimes by others and want to be defensive, but i feel personally that the reason for inflated prices in alot of countries is because of politics, and everyone getting their hands wet. i understand the idea of regulations and quality control that is something that hasn't crossed my mind not living in a country with medically regulated and tested cannabis for many years but i suppose and agree that adds a big cost the regulation and quality control. as far as getting back to the india article. so I appreicate the idea of growing lower cost cannabis for this reason i converted from an indoor grower initially to an outdoors. in doing so one of the first things was getting outdoor genetis for a tropical environement. I am growing orissa from east india, and i found 1 hermie, and all the rest are showing female of more than 10 with only a few unsexed, my friend informoned me of another orissa grow where the gentleman had 7 females and 3 hermies no males. then later on the real seed company released odisha and in its description it stated on the sin-semilla technique first being used in the 15th century then it made sense to me what had happened with the line and why there are so few true males.

kro-magnon

Veteran
I appreciate you asking questions and allowing me to explain myself i understand that comment about 1$ a gram weed was a pretty big statement and got a rise out of you and possibly others. its hard not to get offended sometimes by others and want to be defensive, but i feel personally that the reason for inflated prices in alot of countries is because of politics, and everyone getting their hands wet. i understand the idea of regulations and quality control that is something that hasn't crossed my mind not living in a country with medically regulated and tested cannabis for many years but i suppose and agree that adds a big cost the regulation and quality control. as far as getting back to the india article. so I appreicate the idea of growing lower cost cannabis for this reason i converted from an indoor grower initially to an outdoors. in doing so one of the first things was getting outdoor genetis for a tropical environement. I am growing orissa from east india, and i found 1 hermie, and all the rest are showing female of more than 10 with only a few unsexed, my friend informoned me of another orissa grow where the gentleman had 7 females and 3 hermies no males. then later on the real seed company released odisha and in its description it stated on the sin-semilla technique first being used in the 15th century then it made sense to me what had happened with the line and why there are so few true males.
I need more serious sources about this subject, the article on the real seeds co is lacking on this subject; if this technique had been known for centuries it would have made it to other part of the world where cannabis is grown or it was really in a small and isolated area so the info did not circulate but centuries is a long time even if it travels slowly.
I'm very defensive of farmers because it's an ungrateful and difficult job and today the work is not valued anymore, the effort needed to produce any crop deserved to be compensated fairly. In my country more and more farmers worked 70/80 hours a week and don't earn enough to pay their basic needs, that drives me crazy.

Latest posts

Latest posts