What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Why I don't believe in f-cking with the sexuality of cannabis

Rgd

Veteran
It just seems like everyone these days wants to take the easy way out and not actually _work_ with the plants, for _several_ generations, to develop something really special.
not untrue..

but often it comes the first generation..and if i don’t get something i like in the first non fem growing I will generally move on

I am not 18 yrs old anymore..and weed was hardly even invented back then

Last edited:

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
With regular seeds male selection is the most difficult thing to do. How many of you reverse your males to gauge the flower formation, terpenes, trichome coverage, etc?

A male with a great stem rub, structure and frost can be an absolute dud in the progeny. Putting eyes and nose on a reversed male is valuable for many obvious reasons.

A great breeding male is extremely rare and valuable. Focusing on male selection and using multiple great male plants is the way to work a line forward.

Fem seeds are for finding a mother for flower production and making a hybrid. Or just sowing for production.

The goal when feminizing is to preserve a specific phenotype or progeny close to Mom.

Caveman4.20

We are not talking about any one specific person’s work, but we are talking about generalities. Go back and reread first. Sounds like you need to catch up on what we were talking about.
Very vague just like hermies… i cant be too far out there…i guess i might be jajajajaja idk jus trying to have fun! Hermies are uh bummer till this day… but for the love of great ganja, ill smoke some pollen and preemy beans every now and then.

Caveman4.20

I'm down with fems . If I put them next to selections that came from regular plants and various clone onlys. I guarantee with a blind taste taste and no body would ever be able to tell. Fems are awesome in my opinion. I'll continue making them and regs .
Alright lets set some parameters, double blind nocebo taste test and what else? What other data points?

Caveman4.20

With regular seeds male selection is the most difficult thing to do. How many of you reverse your males to gauge the flower formation, terpenes, trichome coverage, etc?

A male with a great stem rub, structure and frost can be an absolute dud in the progeny. Putting eyes and nose on a reversed male is valuable for many obvious reasons.

A great breeding male is extremely rare and valuable. Focusing on male selection and using multiple great male plants is the way to work a line forward.

Fem seeds are for finding a mother for flower production and making a hybrid. Or just sowing for production.

The goal when feminizing is to preserve a specific phenotype or progeny close to Mom.
Thats an interesting perspective i was digging like in 04’ tbh my only worries are how the sisters of said breeder male goes and progeny… ive heard of veteran seed “creators” bragg about other parameters for males and even trying to say their children are bunk but the grand children are great like holy grail attributes can skip generations… idont know shit from shinolah but i have never tested that far where i look to grandchildren from bunk parents to try and isolate the grandpah… by that time ive moved on. No clone onlies and no breeder lines just new parents and combos from different years…
Cheers

dogzter

Drapetomaniac
I am a tent grower who has sent seeds all over the world.
The males are used by commercial breeders that sell you seeds.
G13 x bsh\ 88g13hp is male to female as far back as I know.
I have definitely effected the international gene pool.
I have never used the word breeder in reference to myself regards cannabises.
I dont claim the line or make any money off the seeds but it is still here and still producing worldwide.
The younger crowd in here is exactly why I no longer send seeds out.
I got tired of arguing and being told what was and wasn't the case with my own work.

DSC-0537.jpg

eastcoastjoe

I dont claim the line or make any money off the seeds but it is still here and still producing worldwide.
I got tired of arguing and being told what was and wasn't the case with my own work.

View attachment 19037527

That line you work with is an extreme exception. It’s safe to say though you are not solely responsible. We both know who the heros of that line is 👍🏼

eastcoastjoe

View attachment 19037527

Point is, the average grower fucking around in their tent, is not going to be the reason for loss of diversity in the gene pool.

kro-magnon

Veteran
You literally used ad hominem attacks, while projecting others are doing it. the lack of actual empathy for your fellow growers plights and the incessant need to "follow your creed".

Seriously you're a chode.
Him and Charley are dead wrong about me, I'm not that young and don't grow for a living neither. As you said they need a good dose of humility, the certitude of their right opinion is sickening.

Last edited:

kro-magnon

Veteran
That line you work with is an extreme exception. It’s safe to say though you are not solely responsible. We both know who the heros of that line is
As you said OP is not the one who made the real work with those seeds, NDN guy spread those long before him and claiming those seeds had an influence on the global gene pool is a joke. I wonder how many millions or billions of seeds are necessary in each part of the world to have a real influence on the gene pool. How many of those seeds are they growing in Morocco, Liban, Afghanistan, Pakistan,; the world is bigger than he thinks.

eastcoastjoe

Him and Charley are dead wrong about me, I'm not that young and don't grow for a living neither.

If I were you I wouldn’t care what charley thinks. He’s a 🤡 who is doing nothing but trying to ride Neville’s coat tail

As you said OP is not the one who made the real work with those seeds, NDN guy spread those long before him and claiming those seeds had an influence on the global gene pool is a joke. I wonder how many millions or billions of seeds are necessary in each part of the world to have a real influence on the gene pool. How many of those seeds are they growing in Morocco, Liban, Afghanistan, Pakistan,; the world is bigger than he thinks.

I agree dude. Compared to what is grown globally, the whole ruining the genepool is a joke. This argument has been happening since I’ve come online almost 20 years ago and it’s still going

kro-magnon

Veteran
If I were you I wouldn’t care what charley thinks. He’s a 🤡 who is doing nothing but trying to ride Neville’s coat tail

I agree dude. Compared to what is grown globally, the whole ruining the genepool is a joke. This argument has been happening since I’ve come online almost 20 years ago and it’s still going
I think he was implying he had a positive impact on the global gene pool but it's as much non sense as those saying it will be negatively impacted by fem seeds. More than 90% of cannabis growers in the world have never even heard the name of those seeds so hard to have an influence on them.

mudballs

Polluting the global gene pool is more source related than seed count i think..we'd need a source in each country pumping out a certain amount of bad genetics to finally capsize all the other stable stuff...ill have that number for you ...in a long bit lol