What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Who's got the best Durban?

Old Piney

I'm not necessarily talking about legit or pure from south Africa just good shit. Back in the day I grew one I got from sssc called South African Dp34. Man did it pack a wallop it was so sweet and sticky with a nice up high, and it came in really early outside .Somehow I messed up the seeds and lost it. Hoping to hear from someone who's grown some good Durban from seeds still available.

bigsur51

On a mailtrain.
Premium user
Veteran
420club
best DP I ran across came from a carpetbagger in Denver who went by the nic of NoGoodNamesLeft

pure anise licorice peppery morning herb energized for painting the house before noon type of herbs.

I would love to find that Stradivari again

jonfredy

From what I understand many of todays Durban Poison offerings have little in common with the original genetics

I have found the 80's Durban Poison from Khalifa Genetics looks promising.

Haven't grown it yet.
Planing to pick up a pack on the next sale.

Nirvana also has a Durban Poison, about 20 years ago I grew some outdoors and I liked them, I don't know if their Durban Poison has changed anything by now.

We will have to try Khaliffa's, and compare.

Cannadrip

I enjoyed Durban Thai highflyer in the past but currently growing some Durban poison from CSI will try and post pictures as seems to be doing amazing i enjoy the flavors it clones well and extremely vigorous I would recommend and will try to get a few pictures

Old Piney

When did it finish and what latitude you at? The Dp 34 I grew finished second week in September at 40 degrees north. I'm now growing a hybrid by purple caper seeds called Luxsor’s Durban. Supposedly it's a Durban cross with a high THCV male that is Durban x Kwazulu, in my book that is Durban. So far all I know is that it's not as early a the Dp34 it's just setting to flower now

kro-magnon

Veteran
I’ve grown the Sensi Seeds version outdoor a long time ago, in 2002. I had great results with the plants at lat44N, harvest around 10th October. I think it is a skunk/Durban hybrid and I liked the buds it made
Checks my old grow logs and changed the year I’ve grown the Sensi Durban

Last edited:

kro-magnon

Veteran
Ooo I was about to pull trigger on some Cannabiogen Durban the past few weeks. Anyone have experience with theirs? Never tried Durban before :(
There is not a lot of info about the Cannabiogen Durban. no sticked thread just one thread of only 9 pages, on the first a qUSA grower said he harvested his Durban the 2nd December but it doesn’t say at what latitude
Maha your passive-agressive attitude is so lame. Shame on you Nelsn with your ahah

troutman

Seed Whore
I have 2 packs of Tropical Seed Co's Durban Poison 70's that I need to test.

Check this post of CBG's limited edition Durban and thread for even more Durban info.

kro-magnon

Veteran
I have 2 packs of Tropical Seed Co's Durban Poison 70's that I need to test.

Check this post of CBG's limited edition Durban and thread for even more Durban info.

The Cannabiogen sub-forum is accessible to veterans or premium user only

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
this is description of CBG Durban

An original South African line. This classic African line carries a reputation of high quality and has influenced many award winning strains. This our first offering is fourth generation and finishes in 10 to 14 weeks with vibrant greens and pungent purples. Her fine complex aromas peak at harvest and are refined through the curing process. We have selected plants that are sexually stable, however as with many pure landrace strains careful observation for intersexing is recommended.

Genetics: Durban
Potency: Medium
Flower time: 10 to 14 weeks
Aroma: Floral, spicy, anise

they got it from guy called African Herbsman from defunct Collective Vibes.

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
smoker report of cbg durban

SMOKE REPORT - Durban early pheno
SMOKE REPORT - Durban early pheno
Today I smoked a joint of the early pheno I harvested about two weeks ago. 97 days 12/12 from seed then hung dried the whole plant for 4 days, now it has jar cured for about 10 days.
When opening the jar a pungent terpy smell like varnish or turpentine mixed with spicy and citric herbs is released, which translates into a very smooth smoke with distinct anise sandalwood and microbiological/earthy notes.
The taste is pretty complex, it´s not dominated by one taste it´s more a smooth combination of anise/licorice, sandalwood, earthy and spicy notes.
The effect is a clear and energetic, motivational sativa high. I felt no anxiety after smoking a medium sized joint, but gets me up in the morning like a strong coffee!
Perfect for wake&bake hehe, I´m able to get things done while enjoying a pleasant and stimulating effect that makes me feeling like my arms and legs have lost weight in the last couple of minutes..:biggrin:
Alltogether this some awesome sativa landrace smoke with unique taste and energetic high.
I´m pretty excited how the long flowering pheno turns out, which is at day 109 now..
Aroma+Taste: 8/10
Potency: 7/10
High: 8.5/10
Average: 7.8/10

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
there are western "durbans" like cuts in Norcal - probably what CSI Humboldt used, these are quick like 9 weeks and far from tropical cultivar. these durbans come from Skunkman via Mel Frank.

then there is weed you could buy, and still can buy in Durban town, it is weed from nearby regions, like from Swaziland, Lesotho, Ciskei or Kwazulu-Natal etc.. Durban is center where the weed is imported from those regions, and you can buy it there. these lines contain hermies.

so technically there is no Durban sativa, it can be Swazi or Lesotho...