What's new

Whos got the best Afghan?

rindindoo

That strange crimson pigmentation on Kandahr is a fungus! I had to throw out most of it, leaving a little bag for testing.

Kwik Seeds has The Real seed company
90Afghani, which is original Afghani #1, and also 1990 Master Kush.

Not saying theyre the best, but its some really good stuff.
They also have Freak Chunk. aka Tom Hills Deep Chunk.

I ordered 3 packs each of the 90Afghan, and Master Kush, yesterday.
Their Freak Chunk is actually a Spanish reproduction and they didnt do much better than CSI. Neither of those companies offerings even look like DC.

need4weed

Veteran
I agree that all photos do not resemble the original DC. When I hrew her, she was super stout, slow growing and turned pure black with orange pistils

befa

(balo x maruf)xbalkh F4 , phenotype 2 ,surmounted once at the 5th stage ,odor on stem citrus diesel acid
balkh improves structure ,much less gangly than balo x maruf
I like this one
SDC14924.JPG
SDC14923.JPG
SDC14925.JPG

befa

I can offer Balkh F4, Balkh F5 Ouzbé F16(very small quantity), balo x maruf, (balo x maruf)x balkh F4, (Balo x maruf)x ouzbé F15
These are the beginnings of work aimed at diluting hermaphroditism, so we decided to stack several afghans, here the hermis was the male Maruf (very weak 4 to 5 pistils at the very beginning of flo).
The last tests only on 10 beans (I know, but I couldn't throw more), were very conclusive for me, because zero hermis, and a structural improvement which passes however by an over assembly of this one, if not too columnar for my taste, but much remains to be observed and I don't have forcement more place for that before next year, so if anyone's interested, I'll give them a piece of my work, I'm just waiting for feedback and to say who you got it from if you're using it for your own projects, I don't mind if people want to do business, but be honest about where it comes from.

need4weed

Veteran
Low yield and high susceptibility to intersex and mold. Those are why I stopped growing it after the first harvest, if I kept the clones past cure I would have kept growing it in a micro tent just to keep smoke stash but the female I had(all of them) produced ballsacks/intersex traits.

The smoke was one of the best I've ever had, always worth it if you're just fucking around looking to find something new but lots of work to select the very best/stable pheno.
I couldn't help myself, had to buy a few packs of the regular, will give them a run at some point

hamstring

Veteran
My personal favorite Afghan goes by the name "Squanto" here locally. Its a super inbred seed line a guy I used to work for used to pump it out commercially. He's a super old school grower here in the region and according to him his network of friends brought it over in the late 70's. It was crazy popular through the 80's and 90's and even into the early 2000's It was sent around simply under the name "Afghan" but him and his crew called it "Squanto" for some reason. Ive smoked tons of it over the years and it truly is killer, knockout potency with no ceiling but it has this really hard to describe old school upbeat character to the effect. There's no fuzziness to the high so it lets you get higher and higher and still maintain some level of functionality. I grew out a few this summer as I usually do for headstash. Its inbred so its literally always the same. Scent off the vine is strong citrus skunk. When its dried and cured the skunkiness disappears but this really unique cinnamon mixed with sour citrus come on. A really strong male popped up this year so I hit him to a few of my outdoor lines and made some hybrids. I also have a lot of pure "Squanto" too of course.
Sorry for the poor picture quality and, my Squanto stash this year was grown out in my guerrilla spot as there was no more room over here. View attachment 18912490
Helloooo Squanto, I am the lone ranger of potency. :pimp3: How good of a guerrilla plant is she?

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Tom's thoughts on Deep Chunk from the basement.

"Deep Chunk is a Korean broadleaf I never said it was an Afghan I just meant it was like Afghan 😂"

"Deep Chunk. She is my favorite broad leaf of all time. She can be very cerebral and trippy indeed. Lots of folk poddy-mouthed her upon release as she can present some interesting cultivation challenges regarding structural issues. She is not a plug and play type plant that folk are used to..."

Porky82

I grew 5 purple Afghans from MSNL about 4 or 5 years ago when MSNL were good not the hermie mass produced shit they sell these days.
It was the strongest sedative strain I've ever grown or smoked. Small squat plants with thick purple buds! Only got 3 pics of it in me phone.
3 cones and I was asleep 40 mins later every time!! 😴
20190226_080304.jpg
20190321_093641.jpg
20210103_210127.jpg

alvin88

RealSeedCo Afgan90 grown outdoors this year 38N. Definitely fits the description by rsc. Big fat old school style buds. The plants grew very stout and wide, and the buds are large bud not super dense. #1 smells like old school romulan. Pine, fruit, and body odor. I like this smell the better of the pair #2 is denser, and has a totally different smell, I can't really describe it but it's definitely an old school smell. Slightly skunky with some sort of food spice. I think I bought a pound of afgani in SF around 2006 that smelled just like it.

I just smoked #1 for the first time tonight and it's certainly a relaxing indica without the crazy knockout effects of modern weed. Probably great for a rainy day, but your not trying to take a nap between joints.

Would I grow it again? Probably not, but that's just because I have an obsession with growing different strains. I would recommend it to someone looking for old school terp profiles, or just doesn't want a crazy knockout stone. This is a very rough guess but I'd guess the thc to be between 12-14%.

20231122_223145.jpg

20231122_223411.jpg

exoticrobotic

RealSeedCo Afgan90 grown outdoors this year 38N. Definitely fits the description by rsc. Big fat old school style buds. The plants grew very stout and wide, and the buds are large bud not super dense. #1 smells like old school romulan. Pine, fruit, and body odor. I like this smell the better of the pair #2 is denser, and has a totally different smell, I can't really describe it but it's definitely an old school smell. Slightly skunky with some sort of food spice. I think I bought a pound of afgani in SF around 2006 that smelled just like it.

I just smoked #1 for the first time tonight and it's certainly a relaxing indica without the crazy knockout effects of modern weed. Probably great for a rainy day, but your not trying to take a nap between joints.

Would I grow it again? Probably not, but that's just because I have an obsession with growing different strains. I would recommend it to someone looking for old school terp profiles, or just doesn't want a crazy knockout stone. This is a very rough guess but I'd guess the thc to be between 12-14%.

View attachment 18922206
View attachment 18922207

Looks amazing. Quite unexpected for Afghan but looks like old school weed when indoor buds first were available to buy.

Interesting you say it smells like old school Romulan because i also find Romulan to smell and smoke like prime old school red seal - the bright up and giggly red seal kind... Which was Afghan

:rasta:

alvin88

Looks amazing. Quite unexpected for Afghan but looks like old school weed when indoor buds first were available to buy.

Interesting you say it smells like old school Romulan because i also find Romulan to smell and smoke like prime old school red seal - the bright up and giggly red seal kind... Which was Afghan

:rasta:
Right? They remind me of what I'd drool over while browsing the first edition Cannabible 😎

Also interesting, the leaves were quite narrow, narrower than any plant in my garden other than the landrace sativa. But as I've been learning, leaf shape is usually not the best indicator of potency or effect!

exoticrobotic

RealSeedCo Afgan90

And i promised no more seeds for a while :biggrin:

Yesterday i was trying to justify to the little fella on my shoulder buying some good value icmag server fund seeds cos of the beautiful artwork on the packet was worth the cost in itself.

I'll readily admit i have a problem.. but those Afghan buds really get me thinking...

Midbio

Helloooo Squanto, I am the lone ranger of potency. :pimp3: How good of a guerrilla plant is she?
Squanto does pretty good in a guerrilla setting because she seems to hate nutes, so as long as they're getting some decent rain there's almost no reason to visit the guerrilla spot too much. Indoors though the bag appeal goes way up. If the spot gets good sunlight they will get super tall, very similar looking as a Himalayan strain like Nepal or Kumaoni

befa

{Balouchistan x Maruf ( green selection )}x Balkh F4
About 3 weeks since turning over
Stockier phenotype, more precocious, more inclined towards the Balkh side.
No hermi traits, the Maruf allows me to keep its terpene side with a spicy culinary orientation and pungent toluene.
I really like this one
SDC15040.JPG
SDC15046.JPG
SDC15042.JPG
SDC15046.JPG