What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Wholesale pot prices plummet. Now there starting to get better

Wendull C.

Veteran
OkOff topic so let's keep this short. Anza is a rural riverside community east of temecula. It is a beautiful area with a species of big horn sheep found no where else in the world.

People have been using the non freezing winters and bright sunlight to grow in green houses year round. Plus the indoor grows.

The raids scared many of my friends and targeted people that pre 16' would've been medically protected. The sheriff should've started with all the unlicensed shops in desert hot springs imo.

I could go on but out of respect for ic and babba bud in particular, I will not.

Wendull C.

Veteran
Gg4 going for 17 and people are grabbing it up. Last year the same guys were getting deps at 700. Other than being machine molested, it was fire. I know those guys too and the pride themselves on organic practices. The same farm next week wants 1300 for their deps.

CaptainDankness

where do u think the 800 for top shelf weed is coming from ??? calif of course, so its really on-topic ... on the other hand 800 bucks for top shelf in the northeast is a joke... 'if' he's paying 800, it's hay...or maybe oregano... and not the good oregano....

I definitely haven't seen $800 lbs of top shelf. But California does seem to be a bit more expensive than Maine.

EsterEssence

Veteran
What happened in anza?

What happened in Anza, first off it does freeze here although less now than it use to. Both growers and the cops got way out of hand. There was a raid 118 warrants, 700 cops with military style equipment, breaking down gates tearing out plants, cutting up greenhouses. In my opinion the growers mainly Hmong and cartels have invaded our valley to do nothing but totally misuse the area to put up massive illegal grows and bring the cops here. Unfortunately some of the long time residents got caught up in the nightmare, and now like me are wondering what is next. Seemes the price has gone up, but what good is that if you are afraid to grow even medically. They need to get some sort of linceses for mom& pop small grows and some for large grows, so growing can be legally and sense able.

CaptainDankness

Everybody's top shelf is based of the best weed they are familiar with personally and can vary drastically.

True, but when it comes to indoor California can't really be any better. We even have some Calli clone onlys on the East coast.

Only difference overhead is a bit cheaper electricity alone is about half the price and I pay nothing for spring water straight from the tap, other than the electricity to pump it of course.

No doubt in my mind the best Calli indoor grower can grow just as good in New England as northern California. We also have tips and tricks available right here on ICmag from some of the best growers around the world. Only thing California can really be better at is outdoor. Greenhouse might be a bit better in California too since you won't have to heat so much for your winter crop and your days are going to be a little longer in the winter.

Wendull C.

Veteran
All due respect to the east coast, the knowledge and breeding done in California is second to none.

Most breeders don't sell their seeds as I don't. I am just looking for that next diamond in a goat's ass.

CaptainDankness

All due respect to the east coast, the knowledge and breeding done in California is second to none.

Most breeders don't sell their seeds as I don't. I am just looking for that next diamond in a goat's ass.

I don't know, the knowledge of growing indoor weed isn't exactly a secret. There is also Arjan talking about growing thousands of plants in the Congo, I never really thought much of Arjan, but if he's really growing thousands of plants he's going to create something real nice. They also have big things going on down in Columbia as far as breeding goes. I'm sure some of the best from California are working with these big guys. DNA seeds sold out to Canopy Growth Corporation just like Greenhouse seeds and House of the Great Gardener, basically one of the bigger breeders from each CA, BC and Amsterdam. Together they have access to any great clone only that becomes public.

But whatever, I mean California is the best there is the best there was and the best there ever will be. :biggrin:

Wendull C.

Veteran
It's not just the grow knowledge on YouTube and such, but almost an infrastructure set up here for growers.

But, I don't mean to argue, look where sour d came from for example. Og too, though I think we perfected that one. Have a good 3rd day of summer.

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
I love it when people return to Michigan and say that Colorado weed all sucks. First thing I say is so you smoked a sample from every grower in the state.

People should not have such a big head. Somebody always has something better weather you have been lucky enough to smoke it or not.

Personally I like it when someone sets a new standard in quality. Keeps me on my toes and aware Im not anyone.

Wendull C.

Veteran
They are getting better tickets then the indoor guys through brokers. I'm glad the growers prices are getting back to a sort of normal. Not this 600 a pound shit I have been seeing for a couple years.

asilsweater

With all due respect, proper indoor farming can be done in any state regardless if its cali, colo or alaska! The knowledge is there for anyone to perfect and as long as you have proper genetics, right ambient atmosphere and proper lighting you should be able to grow dank indoor!!! 1800 to 2300 in L.A. indoor.

Wendull C.

Veteran
Agreed, but the other states don't have our genetics, and are not on the cutting edge like California.

I go to Colorado to hunt mule deer. Why? They have the biggest and best. If I want genetics and grow techniques I come to California, its that simple. All due respect to the guys everywhere else pumping out the dank with much more draconian laws. Respect.

CaptainDankness

Agreed, but the other states don't have our genetics, and are not on the cutting edge like California.

I go to Colorado to hunt mule deer. Why? They have the biggest and best. If I want genetics and grow techniques I come to California, its that simple. All due respect to the guys everywhere else pumping out the dank with much more draconian laws. Respect.

Your genetics are literally all over Amsterdam, Spain and BC, Canada we even have some of the clone onlys for sale in dispensaries in Maine. California has never been the only place for good weed some of the best for sure, but Blue Dream is SSH x Blueberry according to DNA making it more of a Dutch strain (at least the genetics). Though SSH is mostly California genetics, but Northern Lights was from around Seattle.

Wendull C.

Veteran
Bro, blue dream is a dirty word here, even though I love it. Just look at the shear amount of craft breeders here. I wouldn't buy a seed out of California unless it was rare darkness or karma.

You may think you have our genetics, but you don't. Unless you can pint me to a quality trainwreck in seed or og that would stand up to my clone onlys?

But to each his own. I'm not arguing the point any further.

High quality fresh deps, gas strains and some exotics 1300.

CaptainDankness

Bro, blue dream is a dirty word here, even though I love it. Just look at the shear amount of craft breeders here. I wouldn't buy a seed out of California unless it was rare darkness or karma.

You may think you have our genetics, but you don't. Unless you can pint me to a quality trainwreck in seed or og that would stand up to my clone onlys?

But to each his own. I'm not arguing the point any further.

High quality fresh deps, gas strains and some exotics 1300.

You can literally buy the Arcata Trainwreck clone only in Maine from a dispensary for $20.... Moonshine of Rare Dankness is an East Coast guy breeding in Colorado.

You may think we don't have your genetics, but we do. :abduct:

hillside

I only lurk here for years ........... But this is true Cali has the better genetics and knowledge it is what it is . where there is a greater saturation and openess on the subject there is going to obviously be a higher elevated state ......... And while I'm sure the top tier of grow knowledge is probably very similar in both areas the overall vastness of the industry California is far ahead of any other area I've ever been . And while a small number of people here on northeast may have wedding cake or purple punch or some og or glue ........ There are incredible amounts of bunk genetics floating around the east coast where I could find the gassy gas from numerous people in my circle in Cali 8-10 years ago and obviously things have progressed from then . That's not a slight I'm on east coast now myself and like to think I'm the greatest grower there is but it's just the facts lol . Anyway I know that's way off topic lol and probably out of line for this thread but couldn't help myself .

Wendull C.

Veteran
You can literally buy the Arcata Trainwreck clone only in Maine from a dispensary for $20.... Moonshine of Rare Dankness is an East Coast guy breeding in Colorado.

You may think we don't have your genetics, but we do. :abduct:

You can find the real trainwreck that easy? I had to drive 12 hours to get it in arcata ca. I have been back there and have seen what passes for real deal cuts there.

You may think you have the real, but not from what I have seen. If you do, good on you. I wish you the best. My bro couldn't even get a real blue dream from any shop in Michigan.

How many og cuts do you have?

I stand by my statement, California drives the market and genetics. I'm done. We are off topic.

Latest posts

Latest posts