What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Wholesale pot prices plummet. Now there starting to get better

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The topic is wholesale prices in calif.. stay on topic or get your post deleted.

Posiyle

sheesh fact is it's 2019 how is there still low quality production being pushed as fueg & "exotics" going 6 or more a lb just makes growers look as greedy as any other industry

art.spliff

ICMag Donor
I agree with the prices last few pages, same experience. It makes people's eyes light up to think about 100s of lbs, boxes and bulk sales, but that only happens so often. I wonder how much of the market in total is comprised of smaller producers 5-10 or 10-50 lbs per year. Even if you want to buy 10 or 100 sometimes each unit is accounted for.

With all respect to indoor growers I am pretty sure I prefer outdoor grown cannabis.

beta, you are aware of what an heirloom tomato from the back yard tastes like, compared to anything at the supermarket, aren't you? No more complex explanation is necessary for cannabis.

Fermented, you make a point with tractors and agriculture but I'd relate it to my comment for beta. The quality comes with a cost. In truth I stay away from a lot of tractor farmed food because it is devoid of taste and nutrients and it is also full of poisons, fuel transportation costs, storage, etc. The end product is at the opposite end of the spectrum (cheap, non-perishable, neglected, machine grown) from hand-tended produce.

There is no comparison in quality. Look at Oregon CBD's thread where they show pictures of 0% cannabinoids in their plants. Maybe a few percent for the highest. That is a waste of space and land and fuel and the domino effect that it has on the surrounding economy and environment.

Indoor can be quite "strong" especially in appearance. Pretty look with high trichome density, less trim leaf.

Speaking broadly, the high still wears off in 2 hours whether it's indoor or outdoor bud. One may not be as pretty or as trichome dense, but a freeze dried spongy consistency with candy perfume smells and a short lived high isn't all that appealing after a while.

Outdoor is a better product depending on who you ask. Of course both have a range, meaning that a lot of indoor comes out a lot worse than a lot of outdoor and vice versa. People say cannabis assessment can be subjective.

Lyfespan

I agree with the prices last few pages, same experience. It makes people's eyes light up to think about 100s of lbs, boxes and bulk sales, but that only happens so often. I wonder how much of the market in total is comprised of smaller producers 5-10 or 10-50 lbs per year. Even if you want to buy 10 or 100 sometimes each unit is accounted for.

With all respect to indoor growers I am pretty sure I prefer outdoor grown cannabis.

beta, you are aware of what an heirloom tomato from the back yard tastes like, compared to anything at the supermarket, aren't you? No more complex explanation is necessary for cannabis.

Fermented, you make a point with tractors and agriculture but I'd relate it to my comment for beta. The quality comes with a cost. In truth I stay away from a lot of tractor farmed food because it is devoid of taste and nutrients and it is also full of poisons, fuel transportation costs, storage, etc. The end product is at the opposite end of the spectrum (cheap, non-perishable, neglected, machine grown) from hand-tended produce.

There is no comparison in quality. Look at Oregon CBD's thread where they show pictures of 0% cannabinoids in their plants. Maybe a few percent for the highest. That is a waste of space and land and fuel and the domino effect that it has on the surrounding economy and environment.

Indoor can be quite "strong" especially in appearance. Pretty look with high trichome density, less trim leaf.

Speaking broadly, the high still wears off in 2 hours whether it's indoor or outdoor bud. One may not be as pretty or as trichome dense, but a freeze dried spongy consistency with candy perfume smells and a short lived high isn't all that appealing after a while.

Outdoor is a better product depending on who you ask. Of course both have a range, meaning that a lot of indoor comes out a lot worse than a lot of outdoor and vice versa. People say cannabis assessment can be subjective.

smaller guys shouldnt be letting go of anything with quality for less than 18-24 right now. people are sourcing for 420, gouge while you can

10-15 4 times a year here and movin just fine

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
tractors and massive acreage is where 99% of bud will be grown in the future.
not top-shelf smokeable flowers

anyway, I've been getting offers on our trim from last year... 50$/lb and down from there. one guy offered me 20 bucks a pound. what is trim going for these days for large quantities 100+lb

gh0stm0de

Regarding trim

25/unit, there were 900 available

No breaks

Not tested

Mediocre commercial units flying @ 650

Decent deps 900-1000 on bulk which means yes there has been an uptick as they were 7-8 from this source last year

No boxes left from last year it seems

Definitely not seeing the same flood.

JetLife175

Veteran
Regarding trim

25/unit, there were 900 available

No breaks

Not tested

Mediocre commercial units flying @ 650

Decent deps 900-1000 on bulk which means yes there has been an uptick as they were 7-8 from this source last year

No boxes left from last year it seems

Definitely not seeing the same flood.

You pretty much hit the market on the nose right now. Noticed everyone was scared to hold em and got what they could during the winter. Even my steady people up there are begging for scraps. It’s a weird tome to be alive in California.

Latest posts

Latest posts