What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Wholesale pot prices plummet. Now there starting to get better

HHILL

Cured, dried... whatever. If cannabis is dried to quickly, by high heat and low humidity, (think 3 days), it will smell and taste like hay usually, temps evaporate away. Longer drying times, 20-28 days will naturally “cure” resulting in a smoother more flavorful experience. Jar it up and many strains will become more complex in aroma, effect and smoothness.

Just my nickel

theJointedOne

Veteran
dep is costlier than fullterm, and quality has potential to be higher

1k for dep replant , which is a replanting in the place of the dep crop. The replant doesnt usually get tarped ect. So much less labor, costs ect.

800 for machined trimmed lowers

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
These are important subjects that have an impact on prices. They say properly cured flowers bring in more $?. I'm at a lose to think a few good posts about curing would ruin this thread. Light dep? lets stay on topic. For me the last few years have been pretty stable on pricing. My top shelf goes for 2 per unit, Mids go for 1.7..

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
This is a thread about California prices in the California forum ... please lets stay on topic.
If your prices arent california based .. your prolly posting in the wrong state forum :)

Storm Shadow

Veteran
Liters of Cat 2 88%+ Distillate $8.50
Dirty Liter $5500 and hearing whispers of Dirty from Oregon for $3500

Also Indoor prices in Cali for the Dank are arent going down any farther and are making a slight rebound Upwards

Davesnothere420

Just found out that my family has the original G13 strain the one that was snuck out of the university that's 20 plus years old. How I do I go about making the most money off this. Cause I really do have what I claim

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
Just found out that my family has the original G13 strain the one that was snuck out of the university that's 20 plus years old. How I do I go about making the most money off this. Cause I really do have what I claim

Sell it to dr. Greenthumb. He payed way to much for his. So offer him a better deal.

picture.php
picture.php

So far, Everything around here is the same as the end of last season. 7 to growers and the broker is getting 850 for 10 packs in state. Hmongs = 550. Pictures of Dosidos f2 #4 from seed by Archive seeds ready to trim.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Around here finding different top shelf genetics then what everyone else is running is what many are after.. Most will pay top dollar to have those exclusive packs. This is whats bringing in 2 right now.

FLASHPOINT

picture.php
picture.php

Mengsk

Light dep I'm not familiar with industry standards but if that is a greenhouse or hoop house where an extra blockout tarp is pulled over each evening, that is a different environment from a completely untended plant left outside in a field. So where you might get your 'dep > outdoor' term from.

But that doesn't accurately depict or compare full season outdoor plants. Too simplistic to say 'dep is better' as in two or however many autoflower-style clone sog crops can be crammed into a season. That is turning the outdoors into your secluded basement grow to grow little mini indica plants. Repeat that, turning the outdoors into micromanaged cubicle farms with office workers tending the fields. Not freeing the plant. This part deserves it's own page, people's concept of motivation and money itself. Modern agriculture (which this has moved further beyond IMO) is based in part on replacing slave labor. Slaves picking beans in the midday sun is not and never was a good, or humane, or productive way to feed people. From another point of view one could argue it serves little purpose other than having people picking beans in the midday sun. If anyone doesn't believe me, just look at any farmer who grows food without slaves or big combine machines. Now how should I approach (not really why should I support) this chemical ag industry, the spawn or replacement, developed by and coming from the exact same sources (and people) as far as I can tell? This is money is the root of all evil, and remnants of the civil war, in a shrinking world all raining down hard. The Dutch seem to be experts at converting oil and synthetic greenhouses into food. Out of necessity is one thing, but California land is rich and does not need any inputs at all to produce quality food and medicine. Just to untangle this a little bit, I'm not talking about Dutch (and others') involvement in colonization of parts of Africa. Or perhaps more accurately kidnapping and enslaving people and orchestrating inciting wars. The same people who will enslave people will have no problem getting people to kill each other if it serves their own evil interests. I'm talking about Dutch-style greenhouses and chemically intensive and expensive growing. Or the physical presence and/or sales pressure of expensive plastics and chemicals. Other US soils need only sea mineral replacement and bioremediation likely as far as the land is concerned. The culture however might be more doomed hard to say.

Someone has to advocate for or at least take a gamble that mother nature has it right. Look at big outdoor grows this year. Those plants are huge and they look awesome. Is the argument supposed to be that economically it would be way better to plant a million little autoflower clones and/or drape black plastic over them every day? And do that repeatedly every 6 or 7 weeks? Now the pharmaceutical terpene machine textbook police are saying that the plant comes out worse after spending all year basking in the sun and developing aromas flavors and so on? Rather than individually dissecting each plant into a million separate nodes and coating each one with rooting hormone and grodan and spending so much time micromanaging a rapid production sea of green pulling black plastic over it every day? That isn't the same as using a tarp to shorten/extend the season. And a well maintained greenhouse is different than outside uncovered. There are so many variables. There is no certification for green or organic as far as I know, not even a scale of how well a job the grower did producing it.

Last edited:

gh0stm0de

Mountain Sprout shared a critically important observation. It is one that I personally share and have heard from others:

Prices seem to have stabilized for now. No drop in the last year that I have seen.

Mengsk, for what it is worth, Schrews is absolutely on top of his game with full season. Full season outdoor easily makes up the majority of flowers being produced for sale instate. However, growers of Schrews' caliber are NOT the standard. People like him are aggressively raising the bar in a great way.

Point being, there is a reason that the term deps exists. There is a reason that deps typically go for something like 20-30% more than full season. Nothing to do with autoflower genetics either, just the blackout process. Dep growers get to bring their product to market at times when full season are just getting started and can pull off numerous harvests annually for example.

I think it is fair to say that it is easier to produce higher quality from dep than full season. After all, this is the instate prices thread. Love it or hate it, the free market ultimately decides what is being produced for sale, and it is no surprise to me personally that dep production has grown exponentially over the last decade.

theJointedOne

Veteran
The ethics and morals of commercial growing would make a great separate thread :)

This is a Wholesale price thread, hopefully the prices people are sharing are on larger packs, weights ECT :)

Interesting stormshadow on the distilled, I've been hearing same numbers.

I've been interested in the legal market and prices ECT, but that should be a separate thread as well..

mojave green

rockin in the free world
Veteran
Mountain Sprout shared a critically important observation. It is one that I personally share and have heard from others:

Prices seem to have stabilized for now. No drop in the last year that I have seen.

Mengsk, for what it is worth, Schrews is absolutely on top of his game with full season. Full season outdoor easily makes up the majority of flowers being produced for sale instate. However, growers of Schrews' caliber are NOT the standard. People like him are aggressively raising the bar in a great way.

Point being, there is a reason that the term deps exists. There is a reason that deps typically go for something like 20-30% more than full season. Nothing to do with autoflower genetics either, just the blackout process. Dep growers get to bring their product to market at times when full season are just getting started and can pull off numerous harvests annually for example.

I think it is fair to say that it is easier to produce higher quality from dep than full season. After all, this is the instate prices thread. Love it or hate it, the free market ultimately decides what is being produced for sale, and it is no surprise to me personally that dep production has grown exponentially over the last decade.

Dep is green house right?

gh0stm0de

Light deprivation simply means blackout process has been incorporated. It is very typical to do so in a GH but I have done deps with a pvc frame and no clear GH film so that is not GH but it is deps. So when I am told GH I assume it is not deps otherwise they would have called it such.

Deps generally implies GH but the reverse is not necessarily true.

Last edited:

HHILL

I’m in the Bay Area, Oakland. It was rare to see 300 units. I do small scale heirloom strains, and strains I make myself. The “exotics”. Shcrews does “exotics” too. Anything that is not OG, or Sour D I think is exotic.

I only produce about 25 units from about 14 plants. All from seed. All organic, biodynamic.

If one has some unique strains, that are grown well (in the outdoor market), I’d say fuck comparing it to the commercial boof and stick to you’re guns.

I said no to purchasing my entire harvest at 700 per, and that same broker is buying smaller quantities at aboit 2.4 times his initial offer. I know what my time is worth, and it is not like Roma tomatoes. Leave that for the commercial boof OG.

It is a very strange world out here in California, both Northern and Southern. I hope you get what you put into it, go for “exotic” strains, research them well, and research again.

You’ll do allright. I’m getting excellent funds for my “exotics”, outdoor, single units, carefully hand trimmed.never been touched by hands is my motto, they are chopped and hung, no buckets or wheelbarrows.... then trimmed without gloves by the stem....

Anything less it’s better to keep to yourself and family and stoke them out... friends included

Last edited:

CrushnYuba

I think over all production this year has decreased by a decent amount. It seems like everyone stopped expanding and buying new properties. Don't forget that last year, everyone was off the mindset that it's the last year to go big before the law change. I saw people that only did 24 plants for years, run out and do 99 because they thought it was their last year. This year was more scared and had a lets wait and see what happens mind set.
People went out of business, got busted by code enforcement, or just hung up their spurs because it wasn't worth it. Also, some people went smaller because of the law change or didn't plant at all.
It just doesn't seem like a wise business investment to get into a new farm. The property loans that growers were using to buy land seem silly now. Owner carried notes that have to be paid off in 2-5 years with 50k$ balloon payments each year? Or hard money loans with 12% interest ? No one is getting into that now.
It has to balance, because no one will grow if it's not turning a profit. It may seesaw a bit but it Will stabilize at the pricepoint that is just worth it for People to grow. What we saw last year was the seesaw going down because it WAS worth it for EVERYONE to grow and we grew more then there was demand for. Less people grew, so now the seesaw is going back up.
If it doesn't stabilize, there will be a weed shortage. Prices will sky rocket and It will definitely stabilize after that.

Dr. Purpur

Custom Haze crosses
Veteran
I think over all production this year has decreased by a decent amount. It seems like everyone stopped expanding and buying new properties. Don't forget that last year, everyone was off the mindset that it's the last year to go big before the law change. I saw people that only did 24 plants for years, run out and do 99 because they thought it was their last year. This year was more scared and had a lets wait and see what happens mind set.
People went out of business, got busted by code enforcement, or just hung up their spurs because it wasn't worth it. Also, some people went smaller because of the law change or didn't plant at all.
It just doesn't seem like a wise business investment to get into a new farm. The property loans that growers were using to buy land seem silly now. Owner carried notes that have to be paid off in 2-5 years with 50k$ balloon payments each year? Or hard money loans with 12% interest ? No one is getting into that now.
It has to balance, because no one will grow if it's not turning a profit. It may seesaw a bit but it Will stabilize at the pricepoint that is just worth it for People to grow. What we saw last year was the seesaw going down because it WAS worth it for EVERYONE to grow and we grew more then there was demand for. Less people grew, so now the seesaw is going back up.
If it doesn't stabilize, there will be a weed shortage. Prices will sky rocket and It will definitely stabilize after that.

I like the way you think.

Latest posts

Latest posts