What's new

Wholesale pot prices plummet. Now there starting to get better

furrywall11

with a 2x3inch area i can produce an oz every hour from just flowers no screening

with hash results are silly fast

So that it stands to reason that with kief and a 10"x10" pneumatic pressing area you could make multiple oz per hour?

Not by any means calling you a fibber Lyfespan but can anyone corroborate this?

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
rosin is just such a pain in the ass to make. still trying to find out best methods of collection.

its a trade off because if you make super good rosin its stable, almost too glass like. its the hardest to collect without heating it up.

id rather make a more whipped butter like consistency for easier collection but then those dont go as much as the stable clear glass like stuff.

my rosin is so prone to shattering its impossible to even get it on the dabber without preheating it a bit to make it stick together. otherwise it breaks into a bunch of tiny ass shards...

Lyfespan

rosin is just such a pain in the ass to make. still trying to find out best methods of collection.

its a trade off because if you make super good rosin its stable, almost too glass like. its the hardest to collect without heating it up.

id rather make a more whipped butter like consistency for easier collection but then those dont go as much as the stable clear glass like stuff.

my rosin is so prone to shattering its impossible to even get it on the dabber without preheating it a bit to make it stick together. otherwise it breaks into a bunch of tiny ass shards...

what room temps are you working at when collecting?

furrywall11

I'm not experienced with this extraction method yet but, would it be possible to press onto parchment paper, put it in the freezer and, then just sort of flick it off into your container? The guy I spoke with in line at RCP spoke of getting donations for jars of rosin which lead me to believe it has a liquid like consistency kind of like this....

theclearapril24.jpg

That's some "The Clear", BTW and, I can't claim credit for making it.

What does it take to make Rosin that's so high quality that it has a glass consistency? small micron screening of very high quality fresh trimmed colas extracted with a ton of pressure and very little heat?

megayields

Grower of Connoisseur herb's.
ICMag Donor
Veteran
iTroll dropping in for a second, nice...

My outs are almost gone, been giving them to friends for 13 but could easily get 15+ this time of the year. In a month or two people will be desperate for anything good in the teens

interesting....2 weeks ago I was calling some dispo's in the OC (select ones though, they cater to high end clients, and I have a long relationship w/)....for out's ) I was getting 17 and on "certain" strains 19?...but that was 2 weeks ago?

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
a local grower just brought 50 of his 2015 sungrown blue dreams to market, very well stored and cured still bright green, all tops and good colas no popcorn no shake and very nice trim job. the whole lot went for 14 to the first broker, and up to 16 after it changed a few hands.

same grower also brought out his smaller nug machine trimmed units from same harvest, but still a good percentage of nice colas not too bad at all, just some duckfeet and frayed stems. he wanted 1250 for the lot but will probably settle at 12 and end up going for 14 to the shippers.

another local grower broought out what he claimed were "fresh light deps" but i think they are also just last seasons stuff. he wanted 17 for everything, but after a few concerns were made about how they "kind of look like last years" he lowered everything to 15.

a friend went to humboldt and found some mediocre, stale brown "OG sours" for 1k a unit, but after paying drivers and middlemen they hit the bay in the 12-13 range. not worth it IMO, very low quality. 10% of the nugs had botrytis and 25% of the nugs were also popcorn and airy, the only reason it halfway sold was because it had the faintest hint of sour diesel still there. apparently theres still hundreds available..good luck with that. i wouldnt buy em for 8-900 personally.

same friend went back to humboldt a week later and then found some nicer trainwrecks from the same farm that werent anything special but better than the OG sours and paid a pt higher. they have a great smel that reminds me of oldschool arcata trainwreck but also a hint of that OG fuel gas, after complaints were made on last batch the grower did a better job screening out the crapnugs. they are an easy sell in the bay for 13-14 now.

that same farm in humboldt is also charging 14-15 for some of their "higher end" well stored 2015 season stuff, but after factoring in the driving and middleman charges it was determined they would be a hard sell in the bay area for 16-17. the samples looked nice but the packs looked to be mixed down with some smaller subpar popcorn that even looked like a different strain. PASS.....

another local grower tried to move a couple dozen oxidized "OGs" that did not have any kind of OG smell. badly stored left them with that typical old stale smell, nugs are tan/gold colored and trim was mediocre. he had the audacity to ask 14 for them and was only offered 1k. afaik hes still stuck with them.

theres actually alot of weed still around, its mostly coming down to "did you store this shit properly".....growers who are able to keep their previous seasons sungrown nice and green are getting good tickets, i guess an average of 200+ per unit over if they sold in the flood. but growers who sat on their herb and didnt store properly are probably getting LESS! i feel like the badly stored, oxidized shit would have gone for 12 easily in the flood instead of only being offered 800-1000 right now.

minds_I

Veteran
Hello all,

Well, as anecdote, I stored my properly dried and dried buds in gallon/1/2 gallon ball jars with bovida 62% and my buds last over 6 months when stored in a cool dark space.

Of course that is not practical for large lots is it.

minds_I

packerfan79

Veteran
Glass would be best. imho I hate vacuum pack as a purchaser, can't smell or look at it close. I always know when my guy has boo boo because he vacuum packs it. It's funny because he hasn't caught on that I won't buy it vacuum packed. lol some stoners are a little slow

DunHav`nFun

Veteran
Ok guys...I`ve said this in many threads over the yrs for folks that crop inside but have excess between rotations , or bunches all at once like outdoors if not doing perpetual , and the ONLY way to keep dope as fresh as it was once properly dried and cured , is to freeze it...

This is knowledge passed down from the old heads on the left coast way back in the day when they realized that chlorophyll degradation sets in at ambient temps and browns off as soon as 2 months with warmer temps but up to 6 with cooler....that said....

My guy in Salmon Creek that grows grapes as well as he grows dope has walk in coolers set at 34 degrees to prevent as his pot snob ass says , " glands bursting " and fuckin up his AAA shit , but.....

Chest freezers were my friend for 35 yrs inside and out , just used food grade 5 gal buckets with rubber gaskets to seal em once properly dried and cured ....for proof positive , I found a qp of Chem D in my freezer in the summer of `14 and hadn`t grown since `09 , and that shit was as strong as it ever was when I was rockin her ass , and that`s just 1 of several times over the yrs I found shit I`d forgotten about when looking for somethin to put on the grill....anyways....

No matter how much you got , it`s worth 5 bucks a month to run as many freezers you need for storage , or if in a permanent location like my winery guy....walk in coolers are your friend , forever....

Peace....DHF....:ying:....

bamboogardner

The use of a nitrogen flushing vacuum sealer is the way to go. I have one and I love it. Keeps the buds as fresh as they day they were harvested.

For marijuana and its cannabinoids, the exposure to oxygen tends to convert THC to the CBN cannabinoid – creating oxidized weed. Conversely, inert gas such as nitrogen, does not allow for the conversion of the valuable THC cannabinoid.

Seemingly one step ahead of their competition, the Clinic Dispensaries in Colorado have long utilized nitrogen flushing for their packaging. The Clinic uses their nitrogen flushing system primarily as a means of maintaining their valuable meds freshness, while additionally verifying their patient’s meds have not been tampered with until they’ve been purchased, opened, and consumed.

From a consumer standpoint, this type of packaging is a lifesaver. Driving with stinky weed is generally a bust waiting to happen, particularly when navigating the legal gauntlet of any major highway exiting Colorado or Washington. When you’re KGB is sealed in a nitrogen flushed package, the cop alerting smells are also sealed – rendering your buds odorless and much harder to detect.

The nitrogen flushing vacuum sealers are not cheap, but if you cannot get top dollar for your product, the initial cost of the nitrogen flushing vacuum sealer is a bargain.

DunHav`nFun

Veteran
Any of that chem d left?
1/2 of everything I`ve got`s yours my buddy ....and yeah Bamboo....

Everything I EVER sent to market was out the buckets in freezer , weighed , and double vacuum sealed to keep a hold on smell , but you being in medville I can see where swappin out air for the inert gas would have an edge on marketability and top shelf pay for goods , but .....

As you stated the setup`s not cheap , and as God is my witness , I never saw any degradation in quality from fresh to frozen and back thawed to fresh in all my yrs ....neither here nor there , the nitrogen flush and seal is by far the ultimate solution , just never mattered down here in Hell ...

Pono....RTR....:moon:....and...

Peace....DHF.....:ying:....

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
Yesprop215 what is the best way to store product for 6 months or longer?

on a small scale level i still have buds from my late october harvest chilling in jars and they still retain a nice smell a bright green look. i just busted out my last two LBs of Sour that were simply turkeybagged but in a room that was constantly cold and they look damn near as fresh as last winter.

what i found ruins the buds the most is WARM temps. one time i stuck a few vacsealed LBs in my attic and left them there for only a month. but it was the summer and that attic heated up to 100 every day. the buds were pretty much totally ruined, the vac seal bags air had expanded and pushed the air outwards.

ive also used the nitrogen packets and thrown those into vacsealed lbs for good storage. its a cheaper alternative than buying a nitrogen sealer.

Lochinvar

my nitrogen sealer is one of the best purchases ive ever made. after 1 year the color is the same. it cant mold either because of the lack of oxogen in the bag. its a win for any storage over a couple months. cost 5-6 grand but well worth it.

my nitrogen sealer is one of the best purchases ive ever made. after 1 year the color is the same. it cant mold either because of the lack of oxogen in the bag. its a win for any storage over a couple months. cost 5-6 grand but well worth it.

i heard that the nitrogen effects the smell. whats your experience?

Latest posts

Latest posts