What's new

Wholesale pot prices plummet. Now there starting to get better

Yes4Prop215

Veteran

I'm pretty sure our commercial is 18 cents kWh here, but yea every time i get the power bill for the warehouse I'm actually surprised at how cheap it is, almost like their missing something. but I'm not gonna call and complain!

yea you guys in socal are on edison or something else right? PGE is on some pure rapage shit. i have a traphouse that only has a fridge running and maybe 2 hours a day in TV/computer tops, and its running me 150 a month. fuck power companies.

whadeezlrg

Just Say Grow
Veteran
yea so cal Edison down here...pg&e sounds pretty weak. I miss those Nevada power elec prices, it was like .11/kwh when I lived up there....and I was getting close to 6 a pack for some shit that wouldn't hold a candle to todays quality...ahh the good ol days.

CanniDo Cowboy

Veteran
just visited my friend in SF who runs a farmers market of some sorts, always has bulk of every possible grade of cannabis

View Image
sunset sherbet, super stinky, stink alone had me sold. usually this is 34-36 from cookiefam but this is from a commercial op that somehow obtained the cut and are undercutting

commercial sunset sherbert indoors for 28k in SF, indoor pretty nice quality stinks like a MFer… Nice quality OG for 23 for 10+ and 24-25 for singles. thin mint GSC for 28-3 that is pretty damn good. i personally got 27 for my animal cookies but it wasn't my best batch, lots of smaller nugs and it was a close homie so he got a deal. all my GG4 went for 25-27 and they are asking for more.

see alot of good open sun for 13-15 that damn near looks like indoor, including some OG for 15 that looks and stinks damn near like indoors so i bought the whole lot.

some typical open sun CA herb going for low teens, i think this was dream. (not from my gardens)
View Image

indoor growers (I'm one myself) are gonna have a hard time. just saw the power bill from my boys 5kw grow on standard PGE residential…over 900 fucking dollars. just ridiculous. my last bill for my commercial spot was 1300 and that was for running 20kw in veg. i have no idea how residential guys are gonna survive unless they are stealing power or still got the CARE rebate.

market still dominated by cheap outdoors, thats the entire market right now. cheap export has overtaken mexican brick pack….brokers are in a straight rat race right now its pretty insane. demand is still high as fuck because there are more brokers than growers right now, everybody and their mom is sending or driving to non med states and they aren't buying indoors at market value, they want cheap open sun. thank god i got into outdoor growing more seriously than indoors lol….

Some pretty good insights Prop. Outdoor has more profit wiggle room than indoor because with OD ops, you dont inherit the automatic silent partner - PG&E. I refer to the power company as "Guido". To indoor ops, he's the loan shark. Pay the vig/bill or your in the dark...No broken legs but without power, youre definitely cut off at the knees.

We run the gantlet with OD. Great quality/low price. Shit quality/high price. Lest we forget time of year - flooded market vs dry. Its fairly safe to say the OD harvests makes more of an annual market impact than ID ever could. And then there are the shark-like brokers... Just circlin until some poor grower/schmuck has to unload enough to pay some bills and then they wait for the next down n outer. That said, the predator/prey thing is required to eliminate the weak. LOL On the other hand the IDer has to stand relatively firm cause he's got "Guido" to pay. And Guido doesnt take markers...

Ive always felt OD is the great equalizer/anchor of the industry. Its very "optional". When grown properly, it can compete head to head with ID in that many brokers can buy more for less and move it quicker, thereby surpassing profits brought by the higher priced/slower sell time that comes with ID. Even when not grown properly, the OD still finds its way into the financial stream thereby helping to grease the industry wheels. Mind you, it's crappy grease but grease just the same...cc

Last edited:

Backyard Farmer

Veteran
Neither indoor or outdoor will survive legalization.

The future is blackout green house with supplemental lights.

If you're talking about hustling zips and grams, you have the meaning of WHOLESALE confused...You're artificially inflating your prices by putting multiple transactions on the same unit...I'd rather cash out at 90-100 an ounce and produce real volume and not bother peddling it

redlaser

Veteran
it peaks at 33cents here for tier 4 and up to 42 cents for peak hours (2pm-9pm)

PG&E has at least three different pricing systems. First is commercial, then there is the tiered system, and then peak and off peak ( which includes a partial peak time.)9pm-10 am is off peak at 12-14 cents per kwh. All you have to do is call and get it billed that way.

redlaser

Veteran
socal Edison residential tier 4 is $0.19/kwh currently w/ winter rates. shit is way more pricey in summer

Can you get peak and off peak with Edison? And is that .19/kwh for a residence that is electrically heated? I got a place listed as electrically heated that is actually gas heated, not sure how much of break Im getting because of that.

whadeezlrg

Just Say Grow
Veteran
I think that just raises your tier 1 baseline? it's like when they ask how many people live in the house, and you tell em like 11 lol

not sure about peak/off-peak, definitely worth looking into, but the only contact I like w/ Edison is them getting my money, on time every time.

Neither indoor or outdoor will survive legalization.

The future is blackout green house with supplemental lights.

If you're talking about hustling zips and grams, you have the meaning of WHOLESALE confused...You're artificially inflating your prices by putting multiple transactions on the same unit...I'd rather cash out at 90-100 an ounce and produce real volume and not bother peddling it

I believe indoor will survive legalization no doubt. I spend thousands every year on personal indoor simply because it's the best smoke.

Outs are goin for 1-13 in humboldt. ogs slightly higher. Ins are 19-25.

Elsewhere is seeing 2-24 for gh bd, gc,etc with ogs up to 28. Ins 28-35. Strong preference of kush because that's whats popular in hip hop culture.

Limeygreen

Veteran
I would prefer outdoor grown bud if it's well grown and blackout greenhouse bud would be the best of both worlds, less dust etc blowing into the buds but still flowered with the sun instead of lights, for me the sun gives a better high than a light ever can.

packerfan79

Veteran
Yeah like 46 cents a kw during peak hours tier 4.I get 2k going 18 hours no action yet. Also 2 bdrm house. 450 a month. During summer 3200 watts light and a 12000 but ac, and the house that uses swamp cooler. 900 month

packerfan79

Veteran
Fucking so cal Edison. So that would be so cal. LA gets power from LA dwp. Which is pretty reasonable. It's fucked for the rest of so cal

Last edited:
I predict prices holding across the board. 16 per for top shelf outdoor og all day. 24+ for ins. 32 on consignment. Since October. Northern California numbers. These are all commercial top shelf numbers from growers doin it 6+ yrs. idk about gh.

Reason I predict numbers holding until 2016 is cause some many counties are adopting canopy restrictions. Something like 10X15 for outdoors. That's what my butte county ppl are telling me. The more they do this, the less outdoor will be available. Impacting numbers for all growers.

stasis

Registered Non-Conformist
Veteran
CA is a lot different than when I left, but prices are holding steady. That's cool to see. Some sort of regularity to this willy-nilly unregulated industry.

Most of the people I knew there, except for the Ballers are hurtin' bad. Scraping by, and looking at other options.

Midwest prices are very similar for non-imported cannabis. The quality not so much. lol.

I'm getting creative with new Cannabis products. Planning for a "legal" market, but pretty sure it will not happen in my present (fascist) state of residence.

Bongstar420

You mean you are willing to pay more for outs/gh vs ins?

...because if you prefer something, you pay more for that.

I would prefer outdoor grown bud if it's well grown and blackout greenhouse bud would be the best of both worlds, less dust etc blowing into the buds but still flowered with the sun instead of lights, for me the sun gives a better high than a light ever can.

Bongstar420

I was living off $2k lbs by the oz 5 years ago when everyone else "needed" +$3k.....and back then, the dollar was worth 37% more.

Think about the 90's where lbs would go for +$4k and the dollar was even less inflated. This is the real value of the product, not the *cost* of production. People are poisoning the well profit wise and the result will simply be more heavy users showing up late for work because they lost their keys. It was worth $50/eight back then and still is now despite the actual prices being in the 20's...THe only thing that lowers the price in totality is all the preformulated products being marketed to every dumbass that furnishes a few premium bucks on the fertilizers.

Here is the future. Most market entrants are going to end up with lots of less than top shelf flowers. That is all going to be turned in to hash oil, edibles, tinctures, or what ever other frivolous crap they can think up to dump their average quality stuff. With a market brimming with items like that, only the absolute best flowers will sell since the high itself will be dirt cheap. Lowering prices for flowers is probably not going to be very effective at displacing the multitudes of concentrates and edibles.

After a few years, fields of low/mid quality outs will shut the multitudes of average producers down because small operators won't function on a net of a few hundred dollars per lb. Shit, they could grow that stuff as seeded stuff and just extract the ground flower + seed to make straight THC hemp oil for edibles or do a more standard hash prep for vaporizer oils.

CA is a lot different than when I left, but prices are holding steady. That's cool to see. Some sort of regularity to this willy-nilly unregulated industry.

Most of the people I knew there, except for the Ballers are hurtin' bad. Scraping by, and looking at other options.

Midwest prices are very similar for non-imported cannabis. The quality not so much. lol.

I'm getting creative with new Cannabis products. Planning for a "legal" market, but pretty sure it will not happen in my present (fascist) state of residence.

Latest posts

Latest posts