What's new

Who knows the Original Characteristics of the oldskool NL#5 (´89/´90)?

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The hardon is because how much he lied.

Probably his work is in more of today's lines than Sam's. Maybe.
So yes, he's among the top 5 in the 1900s.
But that doesn't mean he wasnt a lying junkie.
Ive never met a junkie who was like "yeah you know, i fucked up a lot and made an empire off the backs of others, so, to honor them, lemme clear up all the lies i said"

The NL crew said they never gave Nevil the pure NL5 because they didn't create it - Herb did. So they let people, like Neville, think they had NL5. nDN was another one who was told he had pure NL5 then he broke the rules and sold his "NL5" as pure NL5. So, yes, many people were sold cuts that they were told are NL5

But, people want to lend more credit to a junkie than to these veterans because it means they can sell more seeds as something thats exclusive. Thats why what i say pisses off seed sellers.
Many people lied back then ( including the NL crew like you just stated) 😆 ( so you can trust 1 lier but not the other 😆, the double standards in this game people let slide is unbelievable 😆.

Nevil definitely wasn't perfect like 99.9% of people but you can't take away the legendary work he did and seeds he spread and some of the world's best varieties ever made.

Would you like it if we find out all the worst moments of your life and bring them up online for everyone to know about ( nobody would) that's all you got on Nevil .

Since Nevil passed people like to rewrite history and claim they did the work Nevil's did etc etc and that's is not cool.

Like I said previously NL crew had the same playing cards as Nevil and amny other Canna figures but Nevil went around the world collecting Genetics, meeting other Connoisseur's and collecting an amazing catalogue of strains and making seeds with them and you can't ever take his achievements away from him as they still the most sought after varieties in the world

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nevil also said his haze is pure haze x NL.
When its been shown that he used Mullum to make Nev Haze.

But yeah, he's the one to listen to about genetic recipes.
Where has it been proved , that's bullshit story.
Anyone who was in Holland knows the real story , there was no Mullumbimby Madness that was a story that others he worked with brought the story to the table .

The Nevil Haze x Mullumbimby is nothing like the pure Nevil Haze or NL5 Haze , far from it ( much more Wild and Exotic)

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Who trying to make things up to sell seeds , the opposite side of Nevil camp are 😆 with the fabricated story's from everyone 😆 only after Nevil passed 😆, people wouldn't dare say it when he was alive and in the community 😆 because Nevil and others would call them on it.

The Canna scene loves to rewrite history always ? , very strange but yes it's definitely a marketing scam to sell seeds but not on the Nevil side its the other side .

endgegner

Who trying to make things up to sell seeds , the opposite side of Nevil camp are 😆
This is actually a good point. Mr Nice Seeds is strictly against feminized seeds (let alone autos) even though the majority of people wants them. They have only made fem seeds for other seedbanks as "ghost breeder" and for their CBD strains.

CharlesU Farley

Many people lied back then ( including the NL crew like you just stated) 😆 ( so you can trust 1 lier but not the other 😆, the double standards in this game people let slide is unbelievable 😆.

Nevil definitely wasn't perfect like 99.9% of people but you can't take away the legendary work he did and seeds he spread and some of the world's best varieties ever made.

Would you like it if we find out all the worst moments of your life and bring them up online for everyone to know about ( nobody would) that's all you got on Nevil .

Since Nevil passed people like to rewrite history and claim they did the work Nevil's did etc etc and that's is not cool.

Like I said previously NL crew had the same playing cards as Nevil and amny other Canna figures but Nevil went around the world collecting Genetics, meeting other Connoisseur's and collecting an amazing catalogue of strains and making seeds with them and you can't ever take his achievements away from him as they still the most sought after varieties in the world
I know you and I have had our differences with using Nevil's name to market cannabis, but unlike the poster with 10 posts here and the *edited* , yours is a very thoughtful post and worth responding to.

All this he said, she said bullshit doesn't mean anything, afaic. I go by what people actually _wrote_ ,who actually did the _work_ to create NL. If people have actually taken the time to read what they wrote, you'll understand why there's so much confusion.

Archivist, from the Mr. Nice forum, has the best handle on the real history, (post NLSG) of Northern Lights. Almost positive it's Ben Dronkers son from Sensi, and his post there gave me all the information that I'm concerned with.

I don't and have _never_ considered specific numbers of NL to be anything more than a blatant marketing strategy... By Boomers, For Boomers.

Special place in hell for all those assholes like Todd who use Steve Murphy to market what they're hawking. His life was fucked more by OGM than anybody could imagine, and he hasn't been on the scene since. Yet that asshole has no problem hawking his pollen chucked bullshit with Steve's name attached to it.

It's one thing to glom on to Nevil's name, quite another to use this man to sell your shit.

Last edited by a moderator:

CharlesU Farley

What do you guys think about Ortega from Mr Nice Seeds?
It is NL#1 x NL#5.
Since Mike from BC Seeds went legal and is no longer selling, Shanti's Ortega version is one I would actually purchase, besides Sensi's of course.

I know people talk trash about them now and say they've gone to shit, and that may be true because of many issues, but if I was really interested in getting a genuine version of Northern Lights, and remember we're concerned with _genetics_, that's the _only_ place I would get it from.

Because there was such a mystery story surrounding the origins of NL for so very long, almost everyone forgets about what Neville did with the plants _after_ he got them from NLSG.

Standardization and reproducibility.

Every one of my F1 and F2 gens looked almost _exactly_ the same. Uniform size, shape, length of flowering, etc. I have had _one_ hermie in almost 25 _years_, and that was on _one_ branch of a 3-year-old clone, that was exposed to extreme temp variations, in a three day power outage.

I have not grown a plant from another type of seed since then, but based on what I've read in various cannabis fora, seeds that produce plants like the original Sensi's Northern Lights are no longer being generated, not only because of chemical manipulation of sexuality but because of ignorance in breeding techniques as well.

I want seeds that are produced by those who actually know what they're doing.

Thcvhunter

Veteran
Greg tried setting him straight over a decade ago.

Nevil got told no to his face by the crew, so he tried backdooring the crew. That says all ya need to know about his character.

I never denied he made good work and was prolific. I actually say that in the post of mine you quoted.
But, he's been known to lie about his work.
Who trying to make things up to sell seeds , the opposite side of Nevil camp are 😆 with the fabricated story's from everyone 😆 only after Nevil passed 😆, people wouldn't dare say it when he was alive and in the community 😆 because Nevil and others would call them on it.

The Canna scene loves to rewrite history always ? , very strange but yes it's definitely a marketing scam to sell seeds but not on the Nevil side its the other side .

RoyalFlush

DEA Agent
Premium user
420club
Thanks @FletchF.Fletch for your information and pictures!!

I´ve found this NL5 pic in another The Seed Catalogue from ´86 as "Nothern Lights Hybrid" by Ed Rosenthal.
View attachment 18773004

Then I´ve found in my Database pics from the High Times Cannabis Cup ´89 the NL5 has won. But you can't see any details in the photos..
View attachment 18773009
A NL5 sample of the ´pure indica´ section

View attachment 18773010
The winner: NL5 plant

View attachment 18773011
Another bud of NL5

If one of you have more photos or information about the NL5 it would be awesome..

greetz
hatman
:tiphat:
NL5
c5f5a953-4ca7-45dd-98d0-22fef27ae412.png

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Greg tried setting him straight over a decade ago.

Nevil got told no to his face by the crew, so he tried backdooring the crew. That says all ya need to know about his character.

I never denied he made good work and was prolific. I actually say that in the post of mine you quoted.
But, he's been known to lie about his work.
Again you openly post that Greg lied to Nevil about the Genetics in the beginning ? , so once you lie that's it your integrity is gone, why do you expect Nevil to believe Greg after he admits to Nevil he did lie to him 30 years ago ?
Can Greg be trusted that he telling the truth further down the line ? ( and this is repeatedly done by many people in this industry for Fame, money etc etc ) to cover there own lies that were said ( when they were not meant to pass things out themselves) many times this has happened with famous varieties in this industry ( its happen to me, and I'm sure many people on this website and industry) ,and I'm sure many people involved in very rare or special clones/Genetics to ) that people give out Genetics when not supposed to , names even get changed on famous varieties so people don't catch that you gave out Genetics you were not supposed to.

People tell a lie , and then need to lie to cover that lie , I've witnessed myself many time from well known players in this game, and then they expect you to continue there lie for them , which if not done causes problems/dramas.

So after Greg lies to Nevil 30 plus years ago , Greg comes back to Nevil 20-30 years later and says actually this is this not that and you expect Nevil yo believe any of it .

Is Greg trying to cover that he broke the word/promise to Herb to not of shared the NL cut in the beginning ?

All I know Is we give thanks that Nevil got these Genetics not just NL , any Genetics Nevil got and worked into seed and released all over the world as we may never of even known them outside of Herb/Greg's and others peoples circles who held spread these special strains to Nevil
Screenshot_20240410_093718_Chrome.jpg

Thcvhunter

Veteran
Again you openly post that Greg lied to Nevil about the Genetics in the beginning ? , so once you lie that's it your integrity is gone, why do you expect Nevil to believe Greg after he admits to Nevil he did lie to him 30 years ago ?
Can Greg be trusted that he telling the truth further down the line ? ( and this is repeatedly done by many people in this industry for Fame, money etc etc ) to cover there own lies that were said ( when they were not meant to pass things out themselves) many times this has happened with famous varieties in this industry ( its happen to me, and I'm sure many people on this website and industry) ,and I'm sure many people involved in very rare or special clones/Genetics to ) that people give out Genetics when not supposed to , names even get changed on famous varieties so people don't catch that you gave out Genetics you were not supposed to.

People tell a lie , and then need to lie to cover that lie , I've witnessed myself many time from well known players in this game, and then they expect you to continue there lie for them , which if not done causes problems/dramas.

So after Greg lies to Nevil 30 plus years ago , Greg comes back to Nevil 20-30 years later and says actually this is this not that and you expect Nevil yo believe any of it .

Is Greg trying to cover that he broke the word/promise to Herb to not of shared the NL cut in the beginning ?

All I know Is we give thanks that Nevil got these Genetics not just NL , any Genetics Nevil got and worked into seed and released all over the world as we may never of even known them outside of Herb/Greg's and others peoples circles who held spread these special strains to Nevil
View attachment 18985677
Nevil started with the dishonesty by being told no, then going to nDn to try and backdoor the crew.

CharlesU Farley

"My detractors criticise my methods while they grow and individually smoke the products of my vision."

RoyalFlush

DEA Agent
Premium user
420club
Looks like as if someone took NL5 and crossed it to NL2
Again with the 5x2.

It looks like what Greg openly stated, USNL5 x Steve Murphy's Afghan. The bud formation and leaf pattern suggests it's a Murphy Afghan pheno out of the NL5 seed line.

Last edited:

RoyalFlush

DEA Agent
Premium user
420club
Nevil got told no to his face by the crew, so he tried backdooring the crew.
"Oooh! he called me a junkie on a forum with ppl who take drugs of which probably half are almost single handedly supporting the illegal and pharmaceutical drug industries. I'll get over it."
N.

Screenshot_20240410_124802_Samsung Internet.jpg

Last edited:

Thcvhunter

Veteran
I see ok.

The clone he got from nDn was 5x2
But later got the real 5 cut, but he didnt like it compared to the 5x2.

William76

Say what u want,nevil made nl famous as well as a few other lines,if it wasn't for him the scene would be a lot different today if not for him.calling him a junkie too,bet some of the folks saying it have there own wee secret habits,just like nowadays coke users will call heroin users smackheads like their any better,well they ain't,there's no difference,not to mention the methheads all over the place.live and let live I say. Jealousy will get u knowwhere in life.76

CharlesU Farley

From Shantibaba, who was actually _there_ when things were being created. He wasn't just _reading_ about it on the internet and puking back information to impress forum readers with their extensive knowledge of cannabis history , but actually doing the _work_ required to _create_something unique:

"Nevil was exchanging seed with Dave Watson early on with skunk and Haze projects, and when they finished their projects together there was conflicting stories that arose from gossiping stoners…but no one should be too quick to believe anything as it was a different time. What Nevil and I always agreed on was that no matter what the story is, proof is in the seed and this will be the judge, ultimately for those who use our seeds."