What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Which strain makes the thickest colas

G

i have a pack of sam the skunkman skunk#1 that gives good bud weight .and is a overlooked strain.i have some ak now and gno3 c99 and ak47 growing now and put 5 seedes of chrystal frome nervana in a cup its a widow crossed back to a northern lights a white strain i will post some pictures soon it was a freedie pack.i also bought some ak48,bubblesious,white rhino,jock horror.frome nervana.only becues serious seedes was out of 47 so i whent cheap this time i still have a pack of serious seedes chronic,kalimist.sensi nl,and bogs sweetc99 left the rest are my own crosses like sweetc99x kalimist,sweetc99xkalimistxcali-o.and some cali-oxcali-o.and some kalimistf2

V

vonforne

sogman said:
yeah i meant 5 ounces bad spelling error on my part

Bad spelling? How about incorrect measurement. IMO you need to learn to grow a good healthy plant before you go trying to get critical mass. IMO.

I did not mean that in a bad way. Nor was I being sarcastic...I should have said
You need experience with that particular strain before you think of critical mass

Last edited:

motaco

Old School Cottonmouth
Veteran
couple bad pics of critical mass. I think this is the only pic I have saved of it.

I got a pic of a giant nug of it somewhere but I think I lost it.

Last edited:

sogman

Thank's Vonforne but I think I'll do whatever I want IMO. BTW where's your pics?
Anyway's I just got my credit card so I'm gonna get my AK,Skunk#1, and WW.
I look's cheaper to buy from nirvana than seedbay.

Motaco is that critical mass dense on the inside? seems almost the hairs and dried bud are kinda frizzy on the outside. I have a Marley tin as well. I had a pain in my foot the other day when I was high, and for some reason suspected I had cancer of the foot like bobby. :p

Wow Glass! did you do anything different with that plant or is it just a gift from the gods? people don't expect that much from their plants when they visit on the second week lol! very nice.

How's the integrity of that G13, I've heard people brag of 28% THC, but I thought true genetics were no longer available? Nice plant they crossed it with though.

| d d I think I kinda changed my mind about big bud after this thread.
I'm all about the potency and simplicity for beginning. Yeah Node spacing is kinda shitty on the skunk#1. I've heard you have to give it some height or it won't yield worth a damn. Anyway's thanks for helping keep my thread interesting. Salmon creek? Is that a BC seedbank?

glasspackedbowl

Medical Test grower. Inquire within...
Veteran
these are from www.seedboutique.com

these are from www.seedboutique.com

Breeder : Nirvana Seeds Standard
Flowering Time : 56-70
Environment : GreenHouse
Origin : Holland
Seeds Per Pack : 10

Taste: The major player is a freshness laced with many fruits, but because of the strength of the crystals - the only real taste goes hand in hand with the expectorant effects of the THC. You better try it for yourself. Smell: A strong pungency first hits you, then follows a sour sweetness with the final whiff ... turning sweet. If a plant could have a strong body odour then the White Widow needs a deodorant Visuals: If you have ever seen a green plant grown in a snowfall then that's it. It has a dense covering of the sort of hairy crystals we all craving for. Touch: If you manage to touch this plant without sticking to the leaves or stem then you probably did not grow it properly. It has intense crystal formation that needs to be touched to be believed! Stone: After the first puff, that daunting warm feeling of impending stoniess comes over you. You feel it just under your eyes and throughout your body in time. It is a serious heavy highness. Family Heritage: Originally the union came from a Brazilian and an Indian - Suffice to say the combination is 60: 40 sativa to indica ratio. Vegetative Time: At least 2 to 4 weeks if on Bio. On Hydro it is only recommended to grow it for 2 weeks. Flowering Time: On both mediums it is suggested to flower (12 hour light) the White Widow for 8 weeks, but 10 weeks will really give you the crystals you are after. We suggest the final 2 weeks of the flowering cycle to turn the lights off altogether - or at least down to 8 hours. This keeps the flowers from regrowth and stresses the plant into giving up its last drop of goodness as crystal to protect the flower...try it!

Flowering Time : 47 days
both are $15 and so is this one..

Flowering Time : 56
Environment : Indoor

SK #1 is used in base mixes of all sorts of newly named plants. It has a great consistancy of generating a good strong punch, with a great skunky taste. The sk #1 is definately for the skunk lover in you! The sk #1 will flower in 8 weeks. It has a very strong genetic strain that can take a lot abuse.

motaco

Old School Cottonmouth
Veteran
um. I'm not sure what you mean by frizzy.

but no that particular skunk pheno was alot more airy and my ac broke and it was in high heat for a while before I could replace it which fluffs buds out. the skunk pheno was by far the best pheno though. and the buds are huge so it still yields very high. pretty insane bud sizes really.

most of the indica phenos are pretty bland. but the buds are dense yes.

besides that structure is much more mold, rot, pest resistant etc than the other which big bud is known to have a problem with from time to time.

glasspackedbowl

Veteran
$45.01
HED-FourPlay
Click to enlarge
Breeder : Head Seeds
Flowering Time : 8 to 9 Weeks
Environment : Indoor/Outdoor

This four-way polyhybrid has quite the varied pedigree. Cinderella99 x Apollo11 from Joey Weed is the mother of this cross, a very racy sativa with a cirtrus flavor. The father from my own cross NYCD x G13, is a pungent, branchy bush. Fourplay will vary a bit with several phenotypes present, but keep an eye out for that special lady, I know she is in there. Flowers in 8 to 9 weeks link
fourplay.jpg

glasspackedbowl

Veteran
mine is his pure G13xSDv3.
Yes I germinated straight into the 16oz party cup with soil and plain water. The plants grow substanchially more. With more roots. I usually use Jiffy Peat pods.

Last edited:

glasspackedbowl

Veteran
SOGMAN try one of these packs from seedbay $75

Description:
Select 6 packs of Nirvana (YOUR CHOICE).
Note: Include 10.00 s/h for this 6 pack collection.

Please include list of your 6 selections with payment. Failure to provide your selections will result in our choices being sent.

10 seeds per pack - 60 seeds total.

Choose from:

(Indoor): Afghan, AK48, Aurora Indica, B-52, Big Bud, Blue Mystic, Bubblicious, California Orange, Crystal, Citral, Four Way, Haze, Haze 19 x Skunk, Hindu Kush, Ice, Indoor Mix, Jock Horror, K2, Papaya, Master Kush, Maroc x Afghan, Misty, Nirvana Special, Northern LIght, NL x Big Bud, NL x Haze, NL x Shiva, PPP, Shiva, Silver Pearl, Skunk 1, Snow White, Super Skunk, Top 44, White Rhino, White Widow

(Outdoor): Durban Poison, Early Bud, Early Girl, Early Misty, Early Special, Hawaii Maui Waui, Hawaii x Skunk 1, Hollands Hope, KC33 x Master Kush, Mixed Sativa, New Purple Power, Swazi, or Swiss Miss.
Flower Time: varies per variety
Seeds 10 (total 60)
Environment: Indoor, Outdoor, GreenHouse

G

There have been some awesome plants listed in this thread. This Sour Bubble plant was only about three feet high, but this cola was rock hard dense and thick. I could not roll this shit. And i'm sure you can tell that this was the real deal.

glasspackedbowl

Veteran
the sour Bubble needs to be crossed with a higher yeilding strain for a better hybrid with the sour stink!

l_d_d

sogman said:
| d d I think I kinda changed my mind about big bud after this thread.
I'm all about the potency and simplicity for beginning. Yeah Node spacing is kinda shitty on the skunk#1. I've heard you have to give it some height or it won't yield worth a damn. Anyway's thanks for helping keep my thread interesting. Salmon creek? Is that a BC seedbank?

hey bro that scbb is kinda potent dude. it tastes good too. i was smoking some a few hours ago, got me pretty lit... had my eyes all dried out feeling after a second... it works good.

But ya Ive grown lotsa big bud from nirvana and sensi and I was never dissapointed but never really wowed, cept for a freak that I think got mixed up, horrible yielding plant.... the SCBB aint yer average big bud though imo.

not avail in seed form if you do a "salmon creek" search you may find some info... its a clone only strain thats been kickin around for a good while I believe... supposedly an elite specimen of sensi big bud, from norcal i think, circa 1996 or 1998.... but some have said its been around that area for awile.. since like the 70's so Im not super sure... believe T.H. said 96 or 98 sensi stock.

TomHill, I think it was Tomhill, but he did an awesome outdoor grow with it he posted @ OG, to this day I dont know if Ive seen a more kickass outdoor show posted, besides Lou.

Last edited:

fuzygrowth

i've noticed no one has really mentioned bubblegum, it can be a great yielding strain. here's a pic

it doesn't seem like a big bud or critical mass but it yields VERY well, this was 1 of the smaller plant, not even the whole plant, in a sog style grow, it's great bud as well.

sogman

Tester! ur damn right I can tell that's the real deal. It looks so dense!
Bravo! very nice! That's like fine wine or a nice piece of cheesecake!

Fuzzy there's no doubt that most praise the T.H. seeds bubble gum more than anyone else. And lot's of people say it yields great and is super easy to grow! I've heard serious seeds bubble gum is a dud! Can't have everything we want all at once though can we :p They were a good smoke werent they!

Glasspacked thanks for the head's up on the seed packs.
I'm gonna do just that. You've got more pointers than I can count. I think that veteran grower's thread doesent quite sum up the amount of expertise we have around here, everyday my skull is crammed with new stuff.

Whoa IDD, sounds like youve found a bigbud for everyone.
Unfortunately it seems elite specimens go unnoticed like you said.

l_d_d

I didnt find it. I think TOmHill did.

I was just fortunate, as it was gifted to me by a cool person... excellent sog strain dude... these were vegged for approx 3 maaaybe 5 days after rooted.... 5.5 pots

I luv it, how it smokes and grows. :D :joint:

motaco

Old School Cottonmouth
Veteran
alot of strains make good colas if you grow them right though.

not my pics. durban poison is hanging. I forget what the other stuff is

l_d_d

DAAAAAMMMN!!!!

DAAAAAMMMN!!!!

Ya thats SoQuicks strain, I remember those... I think he made it... its a c99 cross maybe?

also that wuz grown in a big bucket system (i think krusty syle) with all kinsa lights and huge trees... something like that in a no veg SOG.. :yoinks: ... dunno bout the DP.

Those are sweet though and I agree any strain can be grown huge, well most, but there are certain ones that are always, obviously gonna outperform. :)

Those are awesome pics ya dug up Motaco! I remeber when SQ did that thread I was always amazed by his thigh size colas.