What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Which strain makes the thickest colas

does anyone know where to aquire any of subcools strains .heavenstarirway went to shit and seed boutique and the doc dont carry his stuff anymore

~Shhh~

JETS
Veteran
High,

good thread. beancounter that's some AK47! did you grow seeds to find that pheno or recieve it in clone form?

just got some of them. do you recommend more than 1 pack for a great pheno or can this be aquired with just one?

cheers!

G

here is some nl x bb I ran for a long time. massive colas but the bud dried lite.
I always thought I was going to have these massive yields but if I cured the bud like it was suppose to it dried lite. I mean solid buds but just lite. The strain can take massive abuse though.

Here are some pics form yrs ago clones were from bay are coop

here are some critical mass and there are some sweet tooth #3 hiding in there

ST#3 is a winner

motaco

Old School Cottonmouth
Veteran
joe unfortunately thats the dirty little secret of alot of peoples harvests. they tell people the commercial weight.

and by commercial weight I mean how people sell commercial bud. 3/4 dry and barely trimmed. ready for sale.

the weight of what makes it to the growers jar is alot less than what people like to say they yielded. when its propery dried and all the leaves have been removed.

sogman

Beancounter you really don't have anything I would'nt like do you!
That widow pheno looks delicious regardless of the 70 days!
Looks to me like an ounce a foot I think. No vegging? And super potent! Seems like the people at Nirvana know how to please!

70's those plants are looking mean! how long did you veg them before hand cause their very well developed for 28 days flower!

Acidfire that Big Foot sounds like a giant beanstalk, Torso size colas!
Thats some fine genetic's right there! Ive seen some mutant cola snapshots, I hope one day I'll be lucky enough to do that!

Shhh it would seem you made a wise choice with the ak! Dan Woody's calling for 2-3 keeper pheno's a pack! Again another example of amazing genes!
I wonder If anybody has any purple ak pheno's. 8 )

Joebrand! I think you got those indoor plants in ebb and flow tables right?
Your growing is impeccable! those outside plants look like their happy as hell!
Huge canopy's and all.

Although your comment about the bigbud x northern lights is kinda confusing me. Is it just that your surprised that they dried out so much, or are they fluffy light nugz? Kinda opposite of what I'd expect from a northern lights cross? maybe im wrong?

~Shhh~

JETS
Veteran
cheers dan woody!

2 - 3 keepers is an amazing amount from AK47 15 beans. i'm assuming that this is a superior breeders work.

i'll post results when the time comes. probably round christmas cheers!

George

rez says his D39 is his most commercial strain. and with genetics such as m-39 and sour diesel...how in the hell can you go wrong? many people have said that sour wonder has been their best yielder and ive read of some guy getting 1lb off of only 3 wonder diesels...so if d39 yields even better...once again, how can you go wrong?

G

sogman yeah the nlxbb tends to dry lite meaning you have dense lite nugs. Comared to say a cindy 99 were they are dense heavy.

fari

does anybody know where i can find Dmans powerhouse seeds? Or anything from Dman? Give thanks,

glasspackedbowl

Medical Test grower. Inquire within...
Veteran
sogman said:
Although your comment about the bigbud x northern lights is kinda confusing me. Is it just that your surprised that they dried out so much, or are they fluffy light nugz? Kinda opposite of what I'd expect from a northern lights cross? maybe im wrong?

I didnt like NLights it wasnt worth it. The crosses werent either. ITs like smoking skunk#1 good just not the best in yeild and potency.

G

Big fatty colas are awsome and big yeilds are desireable, but its takes a good dry environment and air circulation to pull it off without mold. I have had luck with some BOG strains with no mold problems. Here is some Grape Punch, but Lifesaver and Bogbubble have been similar and better.

motaco

Old School Cottonmouth
Veteran
I don't know man I've smoked alot of weed and I've got no bitch about skunk.

maybe you've just had bad skunks. there are certainly alot of bad skunks and people often just call anything skunk.

but I do agree, NL isn't anything spectacular, the stone is okay but its a very bland smelling strain, and a similiar conclusion on big bud. but you gotta realize who they have in mind. if you've got commercial aspirations in mind there is absolutely nothing wrong with either of them. or if you have a small space and you need as much yield as possible.

Last edited:

OG bub

~Cannabis-Resinous~
ICMag Donor
Veteran

afghan blue kiev was a nice one. Unfortunatly I didnt get her released. but damn could she put-out.

other wise my Jamaican jam is quite the big producer.

good grows! bub.

sogman

OG Bub those are totally awesome pix! Your talented, it's no wonder everyone around here appreciates you. Those Jamaican Jam's has a really nice cola structures.
The buds form near the bottom and give it more stability. Or did you train them to do that somehow? Either way I'm impressed.

I like skunk too Motaco, I think what I'm really looking for is Ak, Skunk, and WW.
Then maybe I'll try some BOG genetic's and I like Chimera's "Mind floss".
Time2unite suggested "Skunk Special" I can't find it anywhere? It sounds intriguing!

l_d_d

I cant believe no one has mentioned Salmon Creek Big Bud.

Other than some AK's or ocassionaly really vigourous seedling, I have never seen anything equal much less better as far as big buds than the SCBB. The node spacing is unreal imo... and they REALLy fatter up. 1gpw is very attainable with this strain.

I do like it, but its not anything super dank though imo, but not anything shitty either.

glasspackedbowl

Veteran

this is G-13xSourdieselV3 from Ms.Grat3ful, Grat3fulh3ad.
that plant is like 2 weeks or so old and its got 7 nodes and is 3 inches or less tall. THink of the cola from a taller plant vegged with more the 200w's of fluros. A Metalhalide would work best! :confused:

glasspackedbowl

Veteran
its only grown in that same 16oz party cup. also. It germinated from the soil only. No other medium was used.

Latest posts

Latest posts