What's new
  • As of today ICMag has his own Discord server. In this Discord server you can chat, talk with eachother, listen to music, share stories and pictures...and much more. Join now and let's grow together! Join ICMag Discord here! More details in this thread here: here.
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

WHAT ARE YOU EATING TODAY?

ice minus

Just got a new Big Green Egg with a bunch of accessories for $600. Stoked! Time to hit up Inkbird for the Wifi temperature control fan.
View attachment 19085894
View attachment 19085895
oh my GOD CONGRATS

YOURE GONNA LOVE IT!!!!
I've had mine over 10 years now and while it looks quite weathered on the outside, the thing is an absolute joy every time I use in, in EVERY season. I live in a place that gets very cold winters, blizzards, you name it -- I grill in ALL of them

you're gonna LOVE IT !!!!

PadawanWarrior

oh my GOD CONGRATS

YOURE GONNA LOVE IT!!!!
I've had mine over 10 years now and while it looks quite weathered on the outside, the thing is an absolute joy every time I use in, in EVERY season. I live in a place that gets very cold winters, blizzards, you name it -- I grill in ALL of them

you're gonna LOVE IT !!!!
Hell ya. Now I know who to go to for advice, :). I live in the CO Front Range at about 9000 ft so I hear ya about the cold. Our first snow was yesterday. I was actually looking for studded snow tires for my wife's new car today, lol.

Make something good with your egg and let's make these people jealous, 🍺

ice minus

Hell ya. Now I know who to go to for advice, :). I live in the CO Front Range at about 9000 ft so I hear ya about the cold. Our first snow was yesterday. I was actually looking for studded snow tires for my wife's new car today, lol.

Make something good with your egg and let's make these people jealous, 🍺
Yup we woke up with frost all over the lawns and cars all last week yet we're going through a big unseasonable shift suddenly again set to set records. This is why PM is such a KILLER out here. Guy I've been trying to help salvage his grow was forced to finally bring them in and cut em down

My windows taskbar even is warning me lmao

Screenshot_20241019-234930.png

I've posted all kinds of stuff over the years on my tiny Discord server , let me see if I can find anything cool

moose eater

Homemade Scottish meat pies made with ground lamb, sweet onions (there were no shallots at the store), mace, white pepper, black pepper, sea salt, and couldn't find the marjoram, though I know we have some. Crust from whole wheat pastry flour; on my second one, of which I'll only eat a half, so my glucose isn't happy, but my taste buds are in Nirvana.

Yes, I like lamb... a lot.

Last edited:

moose eater

View attachment 19090219

$24 Beer Mac & Cheese with Bacon @ Elora Brewing.. Clearly not worth the money but I am just such a SUCKER for Mac & Cheese that I pay it anyways and can't stop myself from ordering it off EVERY menu I see
at the dispensary in town that was the first to get a permit/license for an on-site cannabis lounge, there's a doorway that goes through to the place next door that sells a variety of 'high quality' mac and cheese dishes, including topped with caramelized onions, pulled pork, etc.

I thought the guy was a business genius.
---------------------------------------

Filleted, stuffed, boneless, skinless chicken breast, stuffed with finely chopped sweet pepper, finely chopped sweet onion, finely chopped baby spinach, grated Dubliner cheese, grated Swiss cheese, and wrapped in about 5 strips each of hardwood smoked uncured bacon, then baked at 370 f for about 50 minutes, then finished at 390 f for about an extra 8 minutes.

Seasoned inside the fileted breast with smoked paprika, garlic, black pepper, salt, a touch of poultry seasoning, and herbes de provence.

Pretty decent for a first effort.

Stuffed breast 1.jpg

stuffed breast 3.jpg

stuffed breast 4.jpg

stuffed breast 5.jpg

stuffed breast 7.jpg

ice minus

at the dispensary in town that was the first to get a permit/license for an on-site cannabis lounge, there's a doorway that goes through to the place next door that sells a variety of 'high quality' mac and cheese dishes, including topped with caramelized onions, pulled pork, etc.

I thought the guy was a business genius.
---------------------------------------

Filleted, stuffed, boneless, skinless chicken breast, stuffed with finely chopped sweet pepper, finely chopped sweet onion, finely chopped baby spinach, grated Dubliner cheese, grated Swiss cheese, and wrapped in about 5 strips each of hardwood smoked uncured bacon, then baked at 370 f for about 50 minutes, then finished at 390 f for about an extra 8 minutes.

Seasoned inside the fileted breast with smoked paprika, garlic, black pepper, salt, a touch of poultry seasoning, and herbes de provence.

Pretty decent for a first effort.

View attachment 19090245

View attachment 19090246

View attachment 19090247

View attachment 19090248

View attachment 19090249
Ahhh! They are JUST rolling those out or "allowing" them I should say, for the first time ever in all of Canada apparently -- the combination food & weed cafe places. They're FINALLY relaxing the rules around it apparently and of course the first locations are way out in BC so I have not seen one in person yet. Are you in the US?

Impressive looking chicken my man! Is it called Cordon Bleu? Bacon makes ANYTHING awesome!!!

moose eater

Ahhh! They are JUST rolling those out or "allowing" them I should say, for the first time ever in all of Canada apparently -- the combination food & weed cafe places. They're FINALLY relaxing the rules around it apparently and of course the first locations are way out in BC so I have not seen one in person yet. Are you in the US?

Impressive looking chicken my man! Is it called Cordon Bleu? Bacon makes ANYTHING awesome!!!
I'm in Interior Alaska, south of Fairbanks toward the Village of Nenana a distance.

The dispensary that has the first (legal) cannabis lounge in Fairbanks (though there might be others by now) is called 'Good Titrations', and I forget the name of the mac and cheese place next door with the pass-through between/joining the two places.

(*I just looked up the mac and cheese place and it's called 'The Cheesehead Joint" and it appears as though they're temporarily closed for the season).

I have only been inside a dispensary in Alaska maybe 3 times between both Anchorage and Fairbanks; more as a novelty initially.

When I'm in the Yukon Territory I often have my own stash, as well, but I have visited three dispensaries in Whitehorse, either when my stash was going to expire before we/I ended our/my trip, or when I wanted some hash, or wanted to bring something special home.

No, chicken cordon bleu, in my understanding and past experience, would be with a breaded stuffed chicken breast, stuffed with ham and (I think) Swiss cheese, and baked.

These were just a stuffed chicken breasts wrapped in bacon that we had never made before and wanted something other than plain old chicken breasts. But yes, bacon (in our case, uncured, no sugar, hardwood smoked) indeed makes things more palatable.

Last edited:

ice minus

I'm in Interior Alaska, south of Fairbanks toward the Village of Nenana a distance.

The dispensary that has the first (legal) cannabis lounge in Fairbanks (though there might be others by now) is called 'Good Titrations', and I forget the name of the mac and cheese place next door with the pass-through between/joining the two places.

(*I just looked up the mac and cheese place and it's called 'The Cheesehead Joint" and it appears as though they're temporarily closed for the season).

I have only been inside a dispensary in Alaska maybe 3 times between both Anchorage and Fairbanks; more as a novelty initially.

When I'm in the Yukon Territory I often have my own stash, as well, but I have visited three dispensaries in Whitehorse, either when my stash was going to expire before we/I ended our/my trip, or when I wanted some hash, or wanted to bring something special home.

No, chicken cordon bleu, in my understanding and past experience, would be with a breaded stuffed chicken breast, stuffed with ham and (I think) Swiss cheese, and baked.

These were just a stuffed chicken breasts wrapped in bacon that we had never made before and wanted something other than plain old chicken breasts. But yes, bacon (in our case, uncured, no sugar, hardwood smoked) indeed makes things more palatable.

That's so freaking cool! I love a show called Ice Road Truckers and a huge part of their show revolves around Alaska & Fairbanks, looks like an incredible place to live.. Yukon is even more exotic and something I've only ever read about in textbooks

Truly cool my friend. Especially for someone like me who already gets ridiculed by family and friends on the regular because I always love the winter weather and comment how I'm looking forward to it arriving which ALWAYS gets a reaction out of people who love hot weather instead

ice minus

Also just to hijack the thread for second in case you want to look it up.. I'm also strangely obsessed with a place called Fermont, (NOT VERMONT) in Quebec, ever since learning about it. It's a secluded city/town in the northern wilderness of Quebec that was originally a mining town but once you learn a bit of the lore about the place, it's truly unique in its existence. For example a huge percentage of the population, and grocery stores, police stations, pubs, hospitals, and all kinds of facilities co-exist in a giant structure known as "The Wall" which a famous architect designed as a wind shield.. Just an all around fascinating place that my wife always asks what's up with my fascination with it

I can't explain it, but I feel drawn to it for some reason

The north is truly magnificent and mysterious to me, always has been