What's new

Weird - Wacky - Funny News

armedoldhippy

Veteran
hunting for animals that can kill you is supposedly the most adrenalin-rushing activity that exists. kind of like getting a couple of buddies together to try & spring a friend from jail, i guess... hunting lions from horseback with spears was a very popular sport amongst monied young men from jolly olde England back in the day...more than a few graves in Africa resulted from activities like this. or hunting Cape buffalo with black powder rifles, which may or may not go off when you want them to.

R

Robrites

For a new and real perspective on life, go hiking in grizzly country. You will no longer be on top of the food chain, but part of it.

Bud Green

I dig dirt
Veteran
I fully believe in hunting and shooting animals for food or varmints destroying your crops and livestock.

I don't agree with hunters going to Africa just to say they killed an elephant..
Now maybe if they hunted the elephant with 8 to 20 men, no dogs or guns, on foot and using spears, that would be different...

armedoldhippy

Veteran
I fully believe in hunting and shooting animals for food or varmints destroying your crops and livestock.

I don't agree with hunters going to Africa just to say they killed an elephant..
Now maybe if they hunted the elephant with 8 men, no dogs or guns, on foot and using spears, that would be different...

the pygmies over there still hunt elephants with short spears. they coat themselves with elephant dung so they won't be smelled & crawl up UNDER them as they feed. then, they shove the spear into their stomachs & slash their guts open as they run like hell. all you have to do then is wait until the elephant dies from blood loss/shock. sounds like a great way to get stomped into a bloody mudhole to me... i have no use for a dead elephant personally. hell, what would i do with a LIVE one?:tiphat: from what i read, though, the local villagers cheerfully take good care of the meat if a trophy hunter kills one close by. protein is hard to come by on a continent teeming with it...

shithawk420

Veteran
Where the hell did you read that hippy? I gotta be skeptical on that one. Not to mention just thinking about a bunch of midgets covered in shit taking down an elephant is just plain hilarious in my mind.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
Where the hell did you read that hippy? I gotta be skeptical on that one. Not to mention just thinking about a bunch of midgets covered in shit taking down an elephant is just plain hilarious in my mind.

old hunting books by folks like Jim Corbett etc. check out "Death in the Long Grass" and others of the genre. those ol' boys went on safaris that lasted for YEARS, not two weeks with a camera, back when Africa truly was the "dark continent" and a good man with a rifle could become rich....or die.

rolandomota

Veteran
That elephant crushing was crazy. The elephant picked the dude up with its trunk and the guy that was his partner in the safari hunting trips they offered shot the attacking/defending itself elephant and it fell on the guy crushing him. So who really killed the guy?

shithawk420

Veteran
Well the guy killed himself. Like I said live by the tusk die by the tusk. He made his living based on death. It was only a matter of time before it happened not saying it was karma but elephants are known to be extremely dangerous. Idiots were out of there league. Darwinism wins gain

armedoldhippy

Veteran
That elephant crushing was crazy. The elephant picked the dude up with its trunk and the guy that was his partner in the safari hunting trips they offered shot the attacking/defending itself elephant and it fell on the guy crushing him. So who really killed the guy?

gravity...:tiphat:

Bud Green

I dig dirt
Veteran
There's some real weirdos out there..

Joker look-alike busted for pointing gun at cars •May 24, 2017

This Florida joker had one dark night. Lawrence Patrick Sullivan — a 29-year-old model whose face is tattooed to resemble The Joker — was arrested Tuesday for waving a loaded Smith & Wesson handgun at drivers outside a West Kendall apartment complex, according to an arrest affidavit. The wannabe Batman villain was arrested after witnesses called police to report a person with green hair and facial tattoos menacing the vehicles with a gun. “I have a gun in my pocket,” Sullivan told officers when they patted him down just outside the Hammocks Place Apartments, according to the arrest affidavit. He then told cops he didn’t have a concealed weapons permit because it was too expensive.

Attachments

• florida joker.jpg
    florida joker.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 13

Green Squall

There's some real weirdos out there..

Joker look-alike busted for pointing gun at cars •May 24, 2017

This Florida joker had one dark night. Lawrence Patrick Sullivan — a 29-year-old model whose face is tattooed to resemble The Joker — was arrested Tuesday for waving a loaded Smith & Wesson handgun at drivers outside a West Kendall apartment complex, according to an arrest affidavit. The wannabe Batman villain was arrested after witnesses called police to report a person with green hair and facial tattoos menacing the vehicles with a gun. “I have a gun in my pocket,” Sullivan told officers when they patted him down just outside the Hammocks Place Apartments, according to the arrest affidavit. He then told cops he didn’t have a concealed weapons permit because it was too expensive.

Holidays with this guy must be real awkward and comfortable :laughing:

Betterhaff

Veteran
"I guess you're here about the opium"

"I guess you're here about the opium"

This isn’t that weird or wacky other than the authorities claiming an acre of poppy plants is worth 500 mil.

Opium poppy plants found in North Carolina worth $500M: sheriff

CLAREMONT, N.C. -- A field of poppy plants that could be used to make opium was discovered in North Carolina and had an estimated value of $500 million, a sheriff tells CBS affiliate WBTV.

Catawba County Sheriff Coy Reid said the only other opium poppy plant field found in the U.S. this year was in California.

The acre of poppy plants were in rows, similar to how corn would be planted, in a field behind a home. He told the station samples were sent to a state lab to confirm the plants are in fact opium poppy, but added that little doubt remained that they were.

"One of our narcotics investigators came to the house looking for something else. When he knocked on the door, the guy said, 'I guess you're here about the opium,'" the sheriff said.

The sheriff's office says Cody Xiong was arrested and charged with manufacture and trafficking by possession. It's unclear if he has a lawyer.

Officials don't think opium was being made on the property.

"The plants are being harvested here, and sent somewhere else where the opium is being produced from the plant," Capt. Jason Reid said told WBTV.

Plants were being pulled up Tuesday and loaded into trailers. Authorities tell the Charlotte Observer that $500 million is a rough estimate of the value, because the plants still need to be weighed. The plants are expected to be destroyed.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/opium-poppy-plants-found-in-north-carolina-worth-500m-sheriff/

shithawk420

Veteran
To my knowledge poppies are legal until you start picking the pods. That guy was an idiot that answered the door like that.

R

Robrites

Texas Senate Approves Hunting Feral Hogs by Hot Air Balloon

Texas Senate Approves Hunting Feral Hogs by Hot Air Balloon

Texas lawmakers have approved hunting feral hogs and coyotes from hot air balloons.

The state already allows shooting feral hogs from helicopters. The latest hunting twist comes as the state looks for new ways to control a growing hog population that causes millions in damages to crops every year.

Hunting by helicopter has proven expensive and difficult to hit anything, and often scares the animals away. Hot air balloons are quieter and offer a more stable line shooting platform.

The bill requires the state to license hot air hot hunting. Texas has an estimated two million feral hogs. Their high breeding rate and lack of natural predators has seen their population explode

The bill passed the Senate Wednesday night and now goes to Gov. Greg Abbott for his consideration.

Weezard

Hawaiian Inebriatti
Veteran
To my knowledge poppies are legal until you start picking the pods. That guy was an idiot that answered the door like that.

Agreed, but what a fucked up story.
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Capt. Jason Reid Is also an idiot.
[/FONT]
To my knowledge, one does not pick the pods at all.

Opium is made from the sap that oozes from the poppy pods.
The pods are sliced with a blade while growing, just after the petals have dropped.
And they then bleed a sticky sap that gets scraped off the living plant and collected several times, kinda like maple syrup collection.
Collecting and drying the sap is illegal. Growing Opium poppies is not.

Just 2 cents.
Weeze

armedoldhippy

Veteran
Agreed, but what a fucked up story.
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Capt. Jason Reid Is also an idiot.
[/FONT]
To my knowledge, one does not pick the pods at all.

Opium is made from the sap that oozes from the poppy pods.
The pods are sliced with a blade while growing, just after the petals have dropped.
And they then bleed a sticky sap that gets scraped off the living plant and collected several times, kinda like maple syrup collection.
Collecting and drying the sap is illegal. Growing Opium poppies is not.

Just 2 cents.
Weeze

folks make a tea by boiling the dried up pods, but you are right. you do not pick the pods to make opium, you scarify the outer skin & pick the raw opium off as it dries.

Latest posts

Latest posts