What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

War

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
Your routine (and noted by several others) strawman suppositions become part of your disingenuous being, noted in numerous aspects of your behavior.

Deal with yourself. Shallow, hollow, and defending your projections is no way to go through life.
Online presentations are not part of the physical being, as day-to-day reality.

If a person requires strawman arguments to appear more even keeled or brighter than they are, what might that say about them?

I would ask what strawman supposition you are referring to but I figure that you will just use the opportunity to project further.

Enjoy yourself!

Cannavore

Veteran
"Under international humanitarian law, civilians are generally afforded protections, and deliberate targeting of civilians is prohibited. However, the status of individuals in a particular situation may be influenced by factors such as their direct participation in hostilities or their connection to the occupation.

If settlers are involved in the armed occupation of land that is considered stolen under international law, they may be subject to legal scrutiny. Settlements established in violation of the Fourth Geneva Convention can be deemed illegal, and individuals involved may be regarded as having committed war crimes."

dramamine

That would be comforting if Hamas merely brought lawsuits against 1200 people, instead of murdering them.
They should sue to get their country back too. Why didn't they think of that?

It sounds like you don't really understand the situation at all.

Those 1200 people were mostly murdered by IDF, by the way. The rapes and beheadings were propaganda and never happened.

Cannavore

Veteran
image_2023-12-10_164937923.png

GenghisKush

Those 1200 people were mostly murdered by IDF, by the way. The rapes and beheadings were propaganda and never happened.

Are the hostages fake propaganda as well?

I'm curious: is it your position that Hamas did nothing wrong Oct 7, or that Hamas could never do anything wrong (BAMN), or both?

When liberals say that nothing could ever justify Hamas' (alleged) attack on Israel Oct 7, do you agree or disagree?

GenghisKush

Are you really worried you're gonna get fired from your job for talking smack about Israel?
Don't you sell seeds for a living? Who's going to fire you?
Maybe in a few months, when you hit some unforeseen financial trouble, you can blame it on "them."

Seriously, man. I don't know whether you're an antisemite. I've seen you stand up to antisemitism plenty of times before in these forums. But you are waaaaay more tolerant of antisemitism than you used to be.

Brother Nature

I'm curious: is it your position that Hamas did nothing wrong Oct 7, or that Hamas could never do anything wrong (BAMN), or both?

When liberals say that nothing could ever justify Hamas' (alleged) attack on Israel Oct 7, do you agree or disagree?
You don’t have to agree with hamas to see that the Israeli response was completely disproportionate. If you can understand why hamas did what they did that also doesn’t make you a supporter of their ways, just means you pay attention. If you have a neighbour who hats dogs and runs yours over, you’re not going to go and burn his house down then murder his family in front of him are you, because you know that if you did you’d be the one going to jail.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
"Israel uses its ppl as human shields". LOL! which side is it launching rockets etc from school yards/hospitals/refugee camps in hopes of getting their own people killed attempting to pressure Israel with "public opinion" ? the worlds condemnation of Hitlers atrocities didn't save the Jews, gypsies etc in WW2. i don't think the Israeli govt gives one fat fuck what the world thinks. JMHO

dramamine

As I see it, you cannot violently invade a country and enclose it's citizens in a constantly shrinking open air concentration camp, and subsquently judge their actions as right or wrong. Those people will use what few means they can find to free themselves and their loved ones. Remember that all the Palestinians have lived their entire lives being treated worse than most would treat an animal.

Cannavore

Veteran
Are you really worried you're gonna get fired from your job for talking smack about Israel?
my politics aren't guided by self interest so no i'm not worried. however for decades now, israel has gotten americans fired from their jobs for not pledging oaths to israel. especially in academia because they don't want young people learning an accurate depiction of the situation.

do you think foreign countries should be able to effect and craft legislation for the US?
Don't you sell seeds for a living? Who's going to fire you?
its just a hobby

Maybe in a few months, when you hit some unforeseen financial trouble, you can blame it on "them."
uh huh

Seriously, man. I don't know whether you're an antisemite. I've seen you stand up to antisemitism plenty of times before in these forums. But you are waaaaay more tolerant of antisemitism than you used to be.
this shit doesn't work any longer. especially when i get most of my information from JEWS with PhD's on this subject lmao. Norman Finkelstein, Noam Chomsky, Raz Segal, Zachary Foster for instance.

Cannavore

Veteran
He argued publicly in favor of attacks on civilians that Human Rights Watch described as war crimes.

once again settlers aren't civilians and once again he is correct. moreso HRW is shoddy and inconsistent. They'll call that a war crime and then report on Israel doing similar if not worse shit while not posing it as war crimes.

palestinians have a right to defend themselves from illegal occupation

Last edited:

Cannavore

Veteran
"Israel uses its ppl as human shields". LOL! which side is it launching rockets etc from school yards/hospitals/refugee camps in hopes of getting their own people killed attempting to pressure Israel with "public opinion" ? the worlds condemnation of Hitlers atrocities didn't save the Jews, gypsies etc in WW2. i don't think the Israeli govt gives one fat fuck what the world thinks. JMHO
i've seen dozens of photos just since Oct 7th of israel using palestinian human shields. can't say i've seen a documented case of hamas EVER doing that.

it's similar to how far right propaganda works in this country -- every accusation is a confession.

you're right they don't care. they recieve money and support from the worlds foremost imperialist settler colonialist state.

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
You don’t have to agree with hamas to see that the Israeli response was completely disproportionate. If you can understand why hamas did what they did that also doesn’t make you a supporter of their ways, just means you pay attention. If you have a neighbour who hats dogs and runs yours over, you’re not going to go and burn his house down then murder his family in front of him are you, because you know that if you did you’d be the one going to jail.

Quite a few of these guys are all drummed up in support of righteous revenge and would say burn his house and murder his family.

After all, fair is fair to them.

It's sad but true... moral outrage ends at the line where people whom they think are lesser stand.

I find both sides guilty of killing innocent people and don't have any reason to support either side.

Nobody seems to be in favor of an arbitration or peace. Of course I have been labeled as a dreamer, but I'm not the only one.

Latest posts

Latest posts