What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

:::::::USA Set to Reschedule Cannabis::::::: HHS Releases Recommendation Documents:::::::

mudballs

I agree Mudballs, he should get a chance to try, its just only when pressured does he support cannabis reform. I know he has a lot on his plate, but its time to start prioritizing reform. I'd like to see the candidates show how they are informed about the issue.
That's called being a representative...look it up everyone...it's ur homework today

Captain Red Eye

We have (had) 2 degenerates, demented, soulless, stuffed shirts running for Prez, promising the People whatever they wanted to hear, regardless of provable fallacies therein, and as stated, during an election year, they'll say whatever they think will get someone to color in the oval or pull the lever for them.

One is a proven habitual liar and psychopath, the other was a person I even recently saw lie blatantly, with a drug war history and private prison-supporting history that would make any prison guard happy.

And laws concerning binding verbal contracts apparently don't apply in any way, shape, or form to their campaign promises.

1725400894859.png

mudballs

Well you see there's this thing called the DEA...and the whole executive, judiciary, legislative thing is a problem for one man to enact change ..easy to blame one guy tho

Old Piney

Much more important things to consider with this election than legislation stance. I admit it I'm totally for Trump .I believe when push comes to shove he will throw it back at the States. I am a big proponent of States rights and less fed regulation, keep the power close to the people where it should be

Sweatloaf

Much more important things to consider with this election than legislation stance. I admit it I'm totally for Trump .I believe when push comes to shove he will throw it back at the States. I am a big proponent of States rights and less fed regulation, keep the power close to the people where it should be

Even if fed reschedules to Schedule III, it won't solve the problem at all. The "problem" that is rapidly coming to a head and will absolutely need to be reckoned with is...recreational.

With the majority of states having legalized recreational and with major U.S. employers like Amazon and now effective 9/1, Home Depot no longer drug testing employees for cannabis at all, recreational acceptance is coming from different directions.

Fed is on borrowed time with this. What happens when 40+ states legalize recreational? What happens if all 50 states legalize recreational, employers (including state governments) follow suit and make drug testing for cannabis a thing of the past?

Nannymouse

Even if fed reschedules to Schedule III, it won't solve the problem at all. The "problem" that is rapidly coming to a head and will absolutely need to be reckoned with is...recreational.

With the majority of states having legalized recreational and with major U.S. employers like Amazon and now effective 9/1, Home Depot no longer drug testing employees for cannabis at all, recreational acceptance is coming from different directions.

Fed is on borrowed time with this. What happens when 40+ states legalize recreational? What happens if all 50 states legalize recreational, employers (including state governments) follow suit and make drug testing for cannabis a thing of the past?
Who is going to stop the dea from busting everyone that they legally can? Such easy pickings, lucrative, too. I dunno if the states could do a thing, at least on the recreational side.

I still remind people that it IS legal to grow and use your own tabacco. Brew beer. Make wine. There should be plenty of precedent to challenge assaults on medical or recreational personal grows.

Sweatloaf

Who is going to stop the dea from busting everyone that they legally can? Such easy pickings, lucrative, too. I dunno if the states could do a thing, at least on the recreational side.

I still remind people that it IS legal to grow and use your own tabacco. Brew beer. Make wine. There should be plenty of precedent to challenge assaults on medical or recreational personal grows.

To date, the politicians of the Legislative Branch of the fed govt are conveniently not addressing the issue and instead have been leaving it up to the unelected agency to wield power as it wishes. I'm saying that in relation to recreational, things WILL get to a point where national acceptance of recreational will be so widespread and on so many different levels (e.g. state govts, corporate HR policies, public opinion, even education, etc) that an unelected fed agency won't continue to be able to be its own outlier goon squad.

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran

Old Piney

When was the last time you heard of the feds cracking down on cannabis or even home distilling? It's more likely that states and local government to bust boot leg black market growers to protect their cash cow of legal weed

Old Piney

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yeah, its funny how he said. "

“It’s a disgrace and it’s a shame,” the governor said, “and the industry bears full responsibility for not policing itself, for the proliferation of these intoxicating products that are hurting our children.”

Governor is getting upset with the people when the fact is the government failed to regulate the industry to prevent the products from being available for children to purchase. Same thing is going on in our state, no restrictions, no regulations.

The topic was brought up in our legislature last year, they refused to act and pass a bill simply to put an age restriction on the products. The State police said they would not be able to test cannabis anymore and it would legalize cannabis effectively because when testing flower, they test the other precursers to THC to determine total THC content. The precursers are legally available in hemp derived THC products.

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Interesting how the discussion by political leaders is so focused on money and generating tax revenue.

They have completely left-out and forgotten about the idea of liberty. Funny thing, since its their job.

The love of money is the root of all kinds of evil.

Where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.