What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

:::::::USA Set to Reschedule Cannabis::::::: HHS Releases Recommendation Documents:::::::

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran

The proposed rule is the result of a review of U.S. cannabis policy that was ordered by President Joseph Biden in October 2022. At the same time, the president pardoned thousands of individuals with federal convictions for simple cannabis possession, a move that was expanded a year later to include thousands more Americans with convictions under federal drug laws.

Closeup of election vote button with text that says Marijuana

The DEA has scheduled a hearing to consider a Biden administration proposal to ease federal ... [+]

getty
In January 2024, the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) determined after a review of available evidence that marijuana was eligible for a less strict classification under federal drug laws. In the review, researchers with the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) determined that credible evidence shows that marijuana has legitimate medical uses and fits the criteria for rescheduling under the CSA. In April 2024, the DEA indicated it would approve the effort to reschedule marijuana, later issuing a proposed rule to facilitate the change under federal law.

“This is a positive step forward for federal cannabis policy, however it is a rather modest step given the strong support among American voters for comprehensive cannabis reform,” Matthew Schweich, executive director of the cannabis policy reform group Marijuana Policy Project, said in a statement after the DEA’s decision to reschedule cannabis. “It is important to acknowledge that this rescheduling would not affect the criminalization of medical cannabis patients and cannabis consumers under state laws – so we must continue the work of enacting sensible and fair cannabis legalization and medical cannabis laws through state legislatures and ballot initiatives.”
“It is important to acknowledge that this rescheduling would not affect the criminalization of medical cannabis patients and cannabis consumers under state laws – so we must continue the work of enacting sensible and fair cannabis legalization and medical cannabis laws through state legislatures and ballot initiatives.”

Thats where the federal government legislature is supposed to step in and protect the people by ending prohibition of cannabis. It takes lots of time for state laws to become changed and people's lives are at risk! Children are at risk of the harms of prohibition on their families.

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Mainstream media keep the narrative and popular discussion under control and away from cannabis reform.

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
The highlight of pushing it past the 'B-fkcup era' is how history will tie it to a different president. The less I hear about that whole hijacking the better.

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran

armedoldhippy

Veteran
news now saying that The Chump is claiming to support Floridas cannabis legalization bill...he'd be for white slavery if he thought it would get him elected again.

Loriented

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Season is shutting down. A drought setting up in some regions and cooler weather will persist.

1725284136182.gif

1725284048682.png

1725284161216.png

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Cannabis surfaces as an issue as Harris repsonds to Trump's recent support of Florida Legalization ballot measure.

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Trump in command during Covid 19 did not display a true love for personal liberty. I don't think we should expect a large policy change if Trump were president, he'll go along with whatever the agencies and advisors recommend to him based on business and profits not based on the idea of liberty or the needs of patients.

mudballs

He's stated numerous times he prefers states run their own shit...you're demanding reconciliation powers of the almighty between federal and state and skewering the guy before he gets a chance to try...

mudballs

I'm sure you all have wonderful insight for me to peruse in the morning that could sway my opinion...so fkn looking forward to it..

I Care

Trump in command during Covid 19 did not display a true love for personal liberty. I don't think we should expect a large policy change if Trump were president, he'll go along with whatever the agencies and advisors recommend to him based on business and profits not based on the idea of liberty or the needs of patients.
Haha but both sides of the argument were not staying in place while there was a pandemic and fled to Florida as refugees.

then there’s the 14th amendment, that’s where shit is stalling out. states cannot constitutionally enforce laws that the federal government says are not laws so if the fed pushes legalization then no state can enforce marijuana law beyond that what the feds enforce

moose eater

Haha but bother sides of the argument were not staying in place while there was a pandemic and fled to Florida as refugees.

then there’s the 14th amendment, that’s where shit is stalling out. states cannot constitutionally enforce laws that the federal government says are not laws so if the fed pushes legalization then no state can enforce marijuana law beyond that what the feds enforce
Not exactly/completely accurate, if I understand beverage control laws..

Many localities practice 'local option' laws where alcohol possession and/or consumption is concerned, and it's enforceable.

Latest posts

Latest posts