What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

:::::::USA Set to Reschedule Cannabis::::::: HHS Releases Recommendation Documents:::::::

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I agree Mudballs, he should get a chance to try, its just only when pressured does he support cannabis reform. I know he has a lot on his plate, but its time to start prioritizing reform. I'd like to see the candidates show how they are informed about the issue.

moose eater

I agree Mudballs, he should get a chance to try, its just only when pressured does he support cannabis reform. I know he has a lot on his plate, but its time to start prioritizing reform. I'd like to see the candidates show how they are informed about the issue.
Politicians, especially during campaign season, will say whatever they think will get the most votes, and some fib more readily than others.

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran

I Care

I remember some Wookiee girl getting paid to get signatures for medical marijuana petitions in Florida in like 2010. But I’ve always known that the petitions problem are getting paid to carry around and collect signatures are always just some kind of rich lobbying misleading the public with a fish filet and then putting down some friskies

I Care

Haha this is exactly the sh moose is sayin

moose eater

I remember some Wookiee girl getting paid to get signatures for medical marijuana petitions in Florida in like 2010. But I’ve always known that the petitions problem are getting paid to carry around and collect signatures are always just some kind of rich lobbying misleading the public with a fish filet and then putting down some friskies
I always insisted on collecting the sigs I collected for free, regardless of the issue, and when we were doing the SB21 oil giveaway referendum, I was asked 3 times to accept money for my work.

I told them that if we needed to be paid to protect what's ours, then we don't deserve to have it.

I Care

Maybe not, every time I read Biden and Harris I just cant take it, dude is obviously on opiates and benzos and I don’t even know what Harris deal is but its something I don’t like about her. maybe it’s the millennial hippy paper bags and papers straws and other lobbyist bullshit
Haha this is exactly the sh moose is sayin

I Care

I always insisted on collecting the sigs I collected for free, regardless of the issue, and when we were doing the SB21 oil giveaway referendum, I was asked 3 times to accept money for my work.

I told them that if we needed to be paid to protect what's ours, then we don't deserve to have it.
Ya it’s a guarantee that those peopel will be found hounding around downtowns across the country pushing corporate america on the public but wearing some woke America hipster millennial gear

moose eater

Maybe not, every time I read Biden and Harris I just cant take it, dude is obviously on opiates and benzos and I don’t even know what Harris deal is but its something I don’t like about her. maybe it’s the millennial hippy paper bags and papers straws and other lobbyist bullshit
We have (had) 2 degenerates, demented, soulless, stuffed shirts running for Prez, promising the People whatever they wanted to hear, regardless of provable fallacies therein, and as stated, during an election year, they'll say whatever they think will get someone to color in the oval or pull the lever for them.

One is a proven habitual liar and psychopath, the other was a person I even recently saw lie blatantly, with a drug war history and private prison-supporting history that would make any prison guard happy.

And laws concerning binding verbal contracts apparently don't apply in any way, shape, or form to their campaign promises.

moose eater

Ya it’s a guarantee that those peopel will be found hounding around downtowns across the country pushing corporate america on the public but wearing some woke America hipster millennial gear
In the SB21 referendum we were opposing corporate America, and I ended up gathering more valid signatures than any other non-paid volunteer; over 1,600 verified.

Yes, I'm still proud of that.

I Care

Ive just gotten over all of it cause all of it is unholy, I lost my faith in the democratic party in 2017 when I exposed proposal 91 on FL to be doing the opposite of an oil drilling ban Straight to the face of the democratic elected constitution revision commission member that writ the proposal.

I Care

I totally prefer Trump over the guy that looks like he takes pills before he goes on television. It’s not a good look. I met a girl who used to bully dons daughter . Donny stepped on the girl who was bullying his daughter’s foot. lol. Also his kids aren’t crack heads

moose eater

I totally prefer Trump over the guy that looks like he takes pills wrote he goes on television. It’s not a good look. I met a girl who used to bully dons daughter . Donny stepped on the girl who was bullying his daughter’s foot. lol. Also his kids aren’t crack heads
Me, I wouldn't buy a used roller-skate from Don. His record of cheating people out of wages and lying is a mile long and then some. Biden was a drug war warrior from Hell for years, and neither of them are honest when seeking votes.

We get offered stuffed shirt sociopaths and habitual liars to choose from, and we're supposed to believe we fulfilled some sort of obligatory patriotic act when we vote.

When the DNC screwed Bernie in 2016, got caught doing it, then the court ruled it was all good because the DNC is essentially a private club, I knew there was no turning back.

Last edited:

I Care

Hmm I didn’t even know about that, he was definitely the best chance we had. But I mean as far as pill junkies go, DT is at least not that. I do think that the administration ‘17-‘20 is the reason for the how fucked up the housing market is and there’s really nobody making any changes to ensure housing for the low income working class US born citizen than doesn’t have the means to borrow for a second or third home.

moose eater

Hmm I didn’t even know about that, he was definitely the best chance we had. But I mean as far as pill junkies go, DT is at least not that. I do think that the administration ‘17-‘20 is the reason for the how fucked up the housing market is and there’s really nobody making any changes to ensure housing for the low income working class US born citizen than doesn’t have the means to borrow for a second or third home.
We're detouring away from the subject (something I've been known to do), but the housing market issues began long before that.

And look into allegations of DJT's affinity for Adderall.

I Care

back on track, sorry I get in the feels about it.
youre right man, we need a roots radical administration to really find a means to get the wealth back to the indie ganja farmers. i don’t think most of us are even greedy. I guess a truly self sustaining market, as in there would be no market because its obvious here that you don’t have to have some education, or stupid marketing or investment corporation to cultivate cannabis.

so they’re going to push this thing off to say we’re going to do whatever instead of just having done it by now and still cheer for them like heroes cause they sure as fuck did a lot for the fentanyl dealers. that promote hard drugs on the sidewalk in a ez-up tent but no no you need to keep cannabis above our heads. theres still some promise for next term fellas

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran

Trump Says Florida Marijuana Legalization Ballot Measure Will Be ‘Very Good’ For The State, Adding That Medical Use Is ‘Absolutely Amazing’ For Patients​

3b71d81faa493372a683c777756df1f4

Published

on
September 3, 2024
By
Kyle Jaeger
donald-trump-marijuana.jpg

Former President Donald Trump says medical marijuana has been “absolutely amazing” for patients, and that a Florida initiative to more broadly legalize cannabis for recreational use will be on the November ballot is “going to be very good” for the state after it passes, which he expects to happen.
The 2024 Republican nominee said during an interview on Lex Fridman’s podcast that was released on Tuesday that “medical marijuana has been amazing,” adding that he’s “had friends and I’ve had others and doctors telling me that it’s been absolutely amazing, the medical marijuana.”
Trump referenced a recent social media post he made about Florida’s Amendment 3 ballot initiative, where he gave tacit support for the proposal. “We can live with the marijuana,” he said.

“It’s got to be a certain age [to purchase],” he said. “It’s got to be done in a very concerted, lawful way. And the way they’re doing it in Florida, I think is going to be actually good. It’s going to be very good, but it’s got to be done in a good way. It’s got to be done in a clean way.”
He added that his campaign will be putting out an additional, “more specific” statement detailing his cannabis position within the next week.

Trump drew a contrast between the Florida proposal and New York’s legalization law, reiterating that he doesn’t feel people should be able to smoke in public. “You’ve got to have a system where there’s control,” he said, again seemingly endorsing the concept of legalization over prohibition.
“You take a look at the numbers, it’s been very hard to beat it,” Trump said, referencing polling for marijuana legalization ballot measures. “So I think it’ll generally pass, but you want to do it in a safe way.”

This comes days after Trump took to his social media company Truth Social, where he posted on Saturday that voters in his home state of Florida will approve the marijuana legalization initiative, arguing that “someone should not be a criminal in Florida, when this is legal in so many other States.”

Trump added that current policy ruins lives, wastes taxpayer dollars and puts people at risk of dying from cannabis tainted with fentanyl.
Speaking with Fridman, the former president was also asked about psychedelics. The host explained that he recently tried ayahuasca and “there’s a lot of people that speak to sort of the health benefits and the spiritual benefits of these different psychedelics.” He added that military veterans in particular have benefited from the substances in the treatment of post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD).

Last month at a press conference, Trump told a reporter that he’s starting to “agree a lot more” that people should not be criminalized over marijuana given that it’s “being legalized all over the country”—adding that he would “fairly soon” reveal his position on the Florida ballot measure.
“As we legalize it, I start to agree a lot more because, you know, it’s being legalized all over the country,” Trump said at the time. “Florida has something coming up. I’ll be making a statement about that fairly soon.”
A reporter had asked about the Biden-Harris administration push to reschedule cannabis, as well as Vice President Kamala Harris, the 2024 Democratic presidential nominee, stating repeatedly that people should not be incarcerated over simple cannabis offenses.
“As we legalize it throughout the country—whether that’s a good thing or a bad thing—it’s awfully hard to have people all over the jails that are in jail right now for something that’s legal,” Trump replied. “So I think obviously there’s a lot of sentiment to doing that.”

Following Trump’s recent announcement of support for the Florida cannabis legalization ballot measure, the campaign for Harris is working to remind voters that while in office, Trump “took marijuana reform backwards.”
In a memo from a senior campaign spokesperson, the Harris campaign accused Trump of “brazen flip flops” on cannabis. The Democratic campaign says it’s one of the Republican former president’s “several bewildering ‘policy proposals’ that deserve real scrutiny.”
“On issue after issue, Trump is saying one thing after having done another,” the memo says. “For example: As a candidate in 2024, he suggests he is for decriminalizing marijuana – but as President, his own Justice Department cracked down on marijuana offenses.”

The claim appears to be a reference to the move by Trump-era Attorney General Jeff Sessions to rescind the so-called Cole memo, which provided guidance to federal prosecutors not to interfere with operations of well regulated state marijuana systems.
Meanwhile, longtime ally and GOP political operative Roger Stone, who is also a Florida resident and supports the legalization proposal, separately told Marijuana Moment that if Trump did ultimately endorse the measure it would “guarantee victory.”
Rep. Nancy Mace (R-SC), who is sponsoring a bill to federally legalize marijuana called the States Reform Act, separately said that while she hopes Trump will back the Biden administration’s rescheduling move, she also said part of the reason Republicans in Congress have declined to embrace marijuana policy change is because they’re “afraid of it.”

Trump also recently went after Harris over her prosecutorial record on marijuana, claiming that she put “thousands and thousands of Black people in jail” for cannabis offenses—but the full record of her time in office is more nuanced.
Trump’s line of attack, while misleading, was nonetheless notable in the sense that the GOP presidential nominee implied that he disagrees with criminalizing people over marijuana and is moving to leverage the idea that Harris played a role in racially disproportionate mass incarceration.

Meanwhile, Harris selected Minnesota Gov. Tim Walz (D) as her running mate, choosing a candidate who backed numerous cannabis reform measures in Congress, called for an end to prohibition when he was running for governor and then signed a comprehensive legalization bill into law in 2023.
As president, Trump largely stayed true to his position that marijuana laws should be handled at the state-level, with no major crackdown on cannabis programs as some feared after then-Attorney General Jeff Sessions rescinded the Obama era federal enforcement guidance. In fact, Trump criticized the top DOJ official and suggested the move should be reversed.
While he was largely silent on the issue of legalization, he did tentatively endorse a bipartisan bill to codify federal policy respecting states’ rights to legalize.
That said, on several occasions he released signing statements on spending legislation stipulating that he reserved the right to ignore a long-standing rider that prohibits the Justice Department from using its funds to interfere with state-legal medical marijuana programs.

Before President Joe Biden bowed out of the race, his campaign made much of the president’s mass cannabis pardons and rescheduling push, drawing a contrast with the Trump administration’s record. The Harris campaign so far has not spoken to that particular issue, and the nominee has yet to publicly discuss marijuana policy issues since her own campaign launched.

Last edited:

moose eater

Translation = "If I promise as many people what they want to hear, whether sincere or not, I can get some more votes."

Latest posts

Latest posts