What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

uk clone only! (and british bred strains)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guvnor

I was pushing 87 today, which is a wee bit warm but very managable in my opinion. Air circulation is a must anyway, but is even more of a priority when running over 80. Cannabis is a fantastic adapter, but atm I have found some strains suffering more than others from this heat we've been having. Its when I'm in the 90's that I really start to worry.

Temps are usually at a steady 83, which aint bad considering my ambient outside the room is 80- so a 3 degree rise with a 600 is fine by me :) But in my experience, if the air you're bring in is any higher than 75, then you'd do well to get temps below 80 inside your garden.

We just have to take it on the chin at the moment- no hydro for Guv'nor this summer

Lovely thread btw fellas- Havent any elites myself and in all honesty its never really bothered me, I grow quality buddage from seed. But to you farmers who have some of these 'elites' how actually good are they compared to some of your seed grown strains/weed?

Keep up the great work

Guvnor :wave:

ChaosCatalunya

5.2 club is now 8.1 club...
Veteran
Thanks BeAn for clarifying that,, :yes:

So7omon Seeds are underground ganja breeders ,, and fritillary seed is a seed collective ,, made up from different breeders,, across fields,, and different botanical genre. Sometimes the collective make the seeds they dig most available.. that's all.

Cool, thanks BeAn and Doc.

@ HashishinReidi ,, Sunlight was a vehicle of the 21st Century :wink: The first hydro shops in the UK back then,, weren't what they are today,, all cloak and dagger stuff. Luckily the "industry" has moved on since hydro-pens that didn't work properly.. hehe

LOL, Sunlight Systems, what memories.... sneaking over to Stratford almost seems romantic now....Spotting his advert in VIZ was the start for me as I was just waking up to what was possible..... Did anybody else get tucked up with his Sunlight No3 seeds, sold as 'fishbait' ... one of the truest words I heard there ! ;-) NFT tanks with just the powdered A+B and "what is bloom nutrient ?" .. so I got to know the lads down in Newport.... @HashishinReidi... yes, IIRC they did have some 'legal difficulties' ... they were busy boys but great fun, we drove accross the country to see them and they made us very welcome there, sorry to see them disappear.

ChaosCatalunya

Veteran
...thinking about it now Doc, would not Nutriculture be the real holders of "The UK's first" ?

I think they may be linked somehow to Robert Irvine's Hydroponicum in Achiltibuie, Scotland an amazing place/story that started growing tropical vegetables in the very far North of Scotland back in 1985.

EddieShoestring

Florist
Veteran
when do you start worrying about heat guys? (i'm talking temperature btw :)

i had 34c yesterday:yoinks:so left the lights off last night. Temps have been above 30 for the last few days but the plants are still flowering ok-they are Sk#1. It is, to an extent, dependant on the strain-i know #1 will handle high temps-other strains don't fare so well

McSnappler

Lurk.
Veteran
Shit, you guys really are suffering with temps.

I'm ok unless I have to leave the house.. with various windows & doors open I'm at 80F at the mo, with a nice breeze flowing around the place. Close a few windows, however, and it all goes tits up.

I've got aircon, I'm just reluctant to use it unless I REALLY have to, expensive shit.

C

cheesey

wish i got a new reflector last month will make sure i have a cool shade for next year

running at 28 ;) with 3 x 600's in loft.. check thread for more info

gotta love the sunshine!! hows it going all....nice canopy cheesey :) top pics!

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
FLIPIN HEK,,,,2 air-extracted 600s,,,an its like being in a sweat box in Karachi,,

dogfan-main_Full.jpg

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
its the ambient temps that are killing me - in the mid 80's with no aircon, and i dont want to use aircon. i have the intake coming from the house giving me 30-32 C in the cab , otherwise it;s probably 100f / 38 C in the actual loft.

should just about be ok - i cant see the weather getting much hotter than it's been today.
or maybe i spoke to soon....

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hay guys,,,,,have you ever thought about checkin the temps on you roof tiles?,,,,

i deliberatly dont grow in loft space, mainly because the heat cant rise an disapate like it can in lower rooms

14413DSC00167.JPG

14413DSC00172.JPG

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
the loft was my only choice for an indoor grow, and its not much more than a crawl space - triangular and perhaps 5 foot at the apex.

Guvnor

Have you checked the ambient temps in your eaves VerdantGreen? Before a bedroom became available at mine, I had built a grow space in my loft (still there :D) and was putting alot of work into ventilation. I had no option but have a active intake, which would have make odor management a bit trickier but is a must in a loft, and I found that the coolest place I could pull air from was inbetween the eaves.

Give it a look, you might be suprised

Guvnor :wave:

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey guvner thats a good call except that my eaves are right down to the top of the windows in the bedrooms so you cant get to them from the loft (hence why the loft is so small - the upstairs bedrooms use some of the roof space)

cheers

V.

so which of the Uk strains/clones can handle the heatwave?? next summer i plant to grow a strain that is known for being heat resistant...

ChaosCatalunya

Veteran
hey guvner thats a good call except that my eaves are right down to the top of the windows in the bedrooms so you cant get to them from the loft (hence why the loft is so small - the upstairs bedrooms use some of the roof space)

cheers

V.

so which of the Uk strains/clones can handle the heatwave?? next summer i plant to grow a strain that is known for being heat resistant...

Exodus Cheese stood up to Indoors and behaved herself perfectly in Spain when others fell by the wayside, I think PowerPlant may also be similar.... the latest one went well with no probs, but not quite as hot a 'test' as the Cheese. Halving and raising the light in the last 2 weeks really helps too, IMO more in the Summer when heat really does in the ripe buds, no real loss of yield, you are just fattening what is already there.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
thanksks CC - as it happens i have Powerplant and UK cheese vegging up for my next run - along with black forrest (vietnamese black x hawaiian cherry bomb) which i can imagine will be able to take the heat and humidity ;)

later

V.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
having just sen that it's 42 C in my attic i reckon im not doing too badly keeping my grow cab under 32 up there...

Status
Not open for further replies.