What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

ufc 2010

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
I suppose women using PED's inevitably makes their physiques more 'manly'. Female bodybuilders basically have the body of a (really muscular) man with breast implants. Upping your testosterone to unnatural levels is definitely going to make a woman's body more masculine in certain ways.

Still, with female athletes you get into a gray area of what's considered feminine. We're all sports fans here so i think we can all appreciate a strong, well-built woman. But when she has shoulders and arms that would shame a football player, combined with a square, unattractive face, you can bet she'll get a lot of harsh criticism for her looks (austin powers voice: that's a MAN, baby!). I guess most people like women athletes to still fit traditional ideas of femininity.

I agree with yesum's point that drug cheaters and their scientists/enablers will always stay one step ahead of drug testers. In countries like russia, the US, brazil, with access to modern medicine, im not sure you can ever be sure any athlete is really clean. Back when lance armstrong was cheating his way to fame and fortune, wasnt he using testosterone micro doses as part of his regimen? Like taking minuscule amounts of test every few hours, just enough to give his training a boost, but not enough to trigger any drug tests? When you know what will trigger a positive test and have the means and discipline to get around it, then there's no way you'll get caught unless someone rats you out or you make a mistake...

N

NBE One !

USA-Eyh , the way ! (-: ... the way

Irna mind you's FiT. Got nice Everything... Playin bwana :D

Everything American was always the highlight of my Childhood years , all So bright and Beautiful:D(THe Golden land of California has cold weathered brits dreaming ) . Raised on " Clint " Dukes of Hazzard " n Chips" , - Dallas,dynesty,magnum,H'5-0- Miami vice, Heart.
'she wrote. beach combers <--- i know that was the 70's really quite young. Mork n mindy also , married with children.(Of Course:D)
Loads of other stuff n abit of mexican , canadian, lots of s'american,

Individual. can't be beat. Not going looking for effect n stuff.
Y' know,to base their nxt action on, not tryin to score praise points from others. .................. Cody Garbrant Does try n " look Cool" for the Cameras tho:D

Last edited:

Elmer Bud

Genotype Sex Worker AKA strain whore
Veteran
You hate the US, fair play mate. Flo Jo did not look like a dude and was a runner not mma. Give up while you can.

G `day Yesum

re the Science of PEDs .

Help me out here ?
Either A . Its ok to take Roids is you have a pretty face and maintain it .
Or B Its ok to take Roids and win medals for the USA in athletics . But heaven help you if your a female MMA fighter from Brazil .

Thanks for sharin

EB .

Bwanabud

EB,
1) Hell I forgot Flo Jo died, and wasn't aware she was taking PED's.
2) Lance Armstrong's heart is 30% larger than an ordinary human, so he processes oxygen to his lungs & legs far more efficiently than other racers...(I read that on the Internet 10 years ago, so it must be true) :)

Cheaters are cheaters no matter their country of origin, athletes looking for an edge over competition the easy way. Most are looking for a fast way to heal injuries, USADA has taken over testing in the UFC...but they aren't perfect either. I don't hold it against any fighter, no matter their country...but multiple offenders don't get a pass from me anymore(like Jon Jones, Armstrong, Bonds).

Elmer Bud

Veteran
G `day Bwanna

Just keepin it real .

Plenty of Ozzies busted for Roids too . To say the Brazilians are more guilty is wrong .
Nationalism is whack . Holier than thou rubbish .

Back to the fightin .
Has Aldo lost the fire ? Will he unleash his kick this time ?
Can the Reem execute a game plan that sees him defeat Nganou ? If he gets KTFO will he retire in the cage ?

Thanks for sharin

EB .

Bwanabud

EB,
Nationalism and politics is a fast way to ruin a good time, even when discussing it with your own countrymen :) All countries and fighters from across the globe have been guilty by now, the sport is changing quickly...keep clean or get kicked out.

I actually think Aldo is coming back strong, I'm a big Holloway fan but think this fight will change the title holder. Aldo has looked really good since his CMG KO, but you're right the kicks are his bread/butter...to only strike, and forget kicking and take-downs is a mistake. I think we see a new & better Aldo on Saturday, and possibly KO max.

I don't think Reem can beat [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Ngannou, the power and forward pressure are going to spell KO... he's always been a bit arrogant, and doubt he'll retire...right now.

A good looking card for fight fans either way.
[/FONT]

Elmer Bud

Veteran
EB,
1) Hell I forgot Flo Jo died, and wasn't aware she was taking PED's.
2) Lance Armstrong's heart is 30% larger than an ordinary human, so he processes oxygen to his lungs & legs far more efficiently than other racers...(I read that on the Internet 10 years ago, so it must be true) :)

Cheaters are cheaters no matter their country of origin, athletes looking for an edge over competition the easy way. Most are looking for a fast way to heal injuries, USADA has taken over testing in the UFC...but they aren't perfect either. I don't hold it against any fighter, no matter their country...but multiple offenders don't get a pass from me anymore(like Jon Jones, Armstrong, Bonds).

G `day Bwanna

Flo Jo was never busted .
But like Uncle Chael says . Peoples bodies do not suddenly become more athletic as one ages .
Her performance went from also ran to world record in 12 months . I don`t think it was a horse meat diet either .
Marion Jones similar .

Thanks for sharin

EB .

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
The only one acting holy is you. Or wholly stupid.

Not gonna buy this one though it has the potential.

Bwanabud

yup.Aldo Also. GottA Do his kicking This time tho then Sure max's legs would going like U.Fabers that time,eik
Edgar vs Holloway? :yes:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vXmCBdKfuyE&t=17s

I agree NBE,,,,that Faber fight was brutal to watch. If Aldo doesn't use his kicks this time, then his knee injury was much worse than he let on.

Fights are on tonite also on FOX1, the TUF finale...strange they decided to not have the coaches face-off tonite ?,,,they will be fighting tomorrow at 218

Chappi

Why hasn’t the UFC had an event in Africa? Cause there’s too many cheetas! Bwhahaha!!

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hoped for better from Aldo but it is what it is, eh Max? Aldo was getting gassed by the second round.

Overeem was nothing more than a annoyance to Ngannou from what I saw. I see no one with the power to hang with him. They would have to wear him down or take him down, some kind of strategy to avoid the crazy power.

Meraxes

Veteran
Good night of fights. Loved Alvarez's boxing just peppering the dude, he must of had a good camp. Max is just on another level, it looked like he could do that for 20 rounds. To do that to someone like Aldo is remarkable, but Aldo has no gas left. Ngannu is a destroyer, I'm sure Stipe is going to try to clip him first...good frikin luck lol

Chappi

Ngannou is like Overeem on roids but natural. I would love for Brock Lesnar to come back and fight Ngannou...can you imagine the hype!!?

I just became an even bigger Holloway fan after the utter destruction of Aldo, it was hard to watch, honestly. I think this loss is even more significant and dominating than the KO loss to Mcgreggor imho. His timing and distance management is impeccable. I would love to see a rematch with Mcgreggor.

jesbuds

To do that to someone like Aldo is remarkable, but Aldo has no gas left. Ngannu is a destroyer, I'm sure Stipe is going to try to clip him first...good frikin luck lol

Aldo hasn't really looked the same since McGregor knocked him out, really even the fights before that I felt like he was squeaking out some wins (hasn't had a finish since 2013). Really looks like he cuts too much to be viable for 5 rounds these days.

Dunno, get the feeling he'll hang around the top 5 for a bit but isn't going to be on top again. Some part of me says the whole ordeal with CMG really got in his head, not just the loss, the aftermath, waiting on a rematch, being interim but honestly in my mind, that whole timeline fucked up the lightweight division due to CMG and it's only now starting to get back on track with Holloway who looks phenomenal right now.

Not saying Aldo doesn't still have a good comeback in him (he is only 31) but think he needs to re-think some things, he's still a top level fighter.

N

NBE One !

Heard earlier from pops CMG's probably "out of the game" for life . Because of brawling in Dublin. Had a go at some top IRA guy I might of decifered ,lol

Chappi

Heard earlier from pops CMG's probably "out of the game" for life . Because of brawling in Dublin. Had a go at some top IRA guy I might of decifered ,lol

I thought that was just fake news? I don’t think CMG coming back unless he gets a HUGE payday anyway. He definitely not coming back for CMG vs Diaz 3, he has absorbed more damage in those fights than all his other fights combined. It’s too bad because I would love to that triology.