What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

U.K cheese brightside cut ?

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yet he wasn't -

"brightside said:
I only went to the manor twice - my grow mentor was well known down there - even taught some guy to grow - so I do not know which 'cheese' I have ('caus I did not even know there were two !)"
When I was with b in Amsterdam and asked him about the other cheese clones,, he gave me a Paddington bear look and went a lil quite saying,," there is only one cheese and this is it",,

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Honestly not trying to cause trouble but this the Brightside cut thread , people need to speak up and educate people, even if it comes with hate.

This Purple tinged bud is 100% not the Brightside cut.

I run it for many years in coco, soil and never see a bud with this Purple tinge , was a lime green bud no purple
Screenshot_20240904_083907_Chrome.jpg

Alatrist

0wKYfUhh.jpg

Some more dried buds. You can see them better in this picture.

I have no idea if this is the brightside or not, and I don't want to claim it...

She has been very underfed and yellowing since third week of flowering (I went too short with the Nitrogen) and got almost the full last two weeks temps of 18C lights on and 16C lights off, so very cold. Medium is 50/50 soil and coco. Led Grown, 720w.

@kro-magnon high humidity indeed! I am in Spain and I got some mold but not on the cheese, she withstood it very well.

Cheers.

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
v0Y05xLh.jpg

Another plant in the same room.

Cheers.
This pic looks spot on apart from that purple tinge on left , just other pic was looking way off with that Purple tinge ?.

Someone mentioned about the different OG , Diesel cuts etc and that was same with the Cheese way back , many different cuts that's why Brightsides cut started to be known as 1 of the best after alot of us online smoking or growing several of the cuts and finding the loudest which was Brightsides from all the cuts we tried.

Like people saying maybe different environments, feeds whatever gives that Purple tinge

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
This is an old picture from my gallery,, say what you see I guess,,
Your pic never looked Like the Brightside we run ( icmag.com crowd)

I'm not saying it wasn't as you knew Brightside, but we can look up all old pics and they have a certain look and your pic didn't have it.

At the time I just suspected hydro grow or whatever, but looks very different to @Altarist and all other Brightside pics I seen

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
0wKYfUhh.jpg

I have no idea if this is the brightside or not, and I don't want to claim it...

She has been very underfed and yellowing since third week of flowering (I went too short with the Nitrogen) and got almost the full last two weeks temps of 18C lights on and 16C lights off, so very cold. Medium is 50/50 soil and coco. Led Grown, 720w.

@kro-magnon high humidity indeed! I am in Spain and I got some mold but not on the cheese, she withstood it very well.

Cheers.
Even the bud shape look correct, just the colour is way off with purple buds

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Honestly not trying to get any more haters 😆 😂 , but not holding back either.

Just look at the top bud , definitely doesn't look like Brightside cut with the purple tinge , had the right shape and everything, jus that purple tinge , I never seen that and run it in soil,coco for years.
I know people scared to speak up these days because getting jumped by the online patrol , but il say what's on mind anytime, and hope to be proved wrong, hopefully I'm wrong and it's still around.

Screenshot_20240905_074612_Chrome.jpg

kro-magnon

Veteran
0wKYfUhh.jpg

Cheers.
I had some mold in my summer run as well, if the climate keep being so weird I'll have to stop flowering in summer or buy a very effective dehumidifier. I don't like the idea to use so much energy to lower humidity but it will soon be impossible to flower without one. I lost very little weight to mold because I knew it would come and checked my plants daily after day 50, on a 450g harvest I lost +/-5g to mold, about 1% of the total yield, it's small enough to be tolerated. I have a small grow so it's easy to check everything daily but you have a bigger grow and it's already a lot more job to check every inch every day, did you have a lot of mold ?
I had some Sowahh who made dense flowers and I was really worry about them but only one of the Sowahh colas was touched by mold. Some strains are better to resist mold than other, in the same grow a Black Cherry Punch lost around 5% of her yield to mold, I didn't keep any clone of this pheno.
Your last pic has all the traits you could expect from a Cheese clone visually, what about her smells, can you give details?
The Skunk I have in flower right now has been cloned in case something nice comes from its flowers, I have high hopes with this one, I love how she's growing and her smells without flowers yet.

Last edited:

Alatrist

In the general pic you can see that there is almost no purple, just in a few spots.

Just to clarify, most of the grow has the small foxtail tips and no purple. But, the healthiest clones which in veg and stretch had the healthiest leafs (thicker leaflets and 7 fingers) are the ones that gave me that different look: more resin, better calyx to leaf ratio, denser buds and less foxtailing.

I know from personal experience that with extreme cold and low nitrogen you can get to purple almost any strain.

As you can see, even inside my own room there are so different plants...

Cheers!

Sanjuro

In the general pic you can see that there is almost no purple, just in a few spots.

Just to clarify, most of the grow has the small foxtail tips and no purple. But, the healthiest clones which in veg and stretch had the healthiest leafs (thicker leaflets and 7 fingers) are the ones that gave me that different look: more resin, better calyx to leaf ratio, denser buds and less foxtailing.

I know from personal experience that with extreme cold and low nitrogen you can get to purple almost any strain.

As you can see, even inside my own room there are so different plants...

Cheers!
Skunk1 is very difficult genetics to grow under led lights if your grow room isn’t set up just right. It starts yellowing way more easily than many other strains i have grown

the pink tint on the flowers come from that. They just suffered under led lights and dried out little bit. It doesn’t mean it’s purple genetics. I bet it would stay green if all the factors would be dialed in

Looks like a good skunk what ever it is

Crazy Chester

the pink tint on the flowers come from that. They just suffered under led lights and dried out little bit. It doesn’t mean it’s purple genetics.
Yeah - I don't see purple anywhere in there. I see the pinkish tint mostly on the buds closest to the light and some red to the fan leafs, mostly on the ones close to the light, like English Rick's last pic.

Crazy Chester

Someone mentioned about the different OG , Diesel cuts etc and that was same with the Cheese way back , many different cuts that's why Brightsides cut started to be known as 1 of the best after alot of us online smoking or growing several of the cuts and finding the loudest which was Brightsides from all the cuts we tried.

Like people saying maybe different environments, feeds whatever gives that Purple tinge
If what Kevin Jodrey said in an interview I watched is true - and I understand that may be a big "if" - OG Kush would be an example of genetically identical cuts that developed phenotype-like differences through morphology similar to sisters from the same parents. What he said was the Ghost cut, Larry, Josh D and Skywalker were genetically tested and came back showing identical DNA. I suspect something similar happened with Sour Diesel, but I haven't heard of the various Sour Diesel cuts having been DNA tested to confirm the suspicion.

Since Cheese has been around even longer than OG Kush or Sour Diesel, the possibility of that having happened with her is even greater.

Complicating things further, is I agree with you that it's highly likely some cuts have been passed around as originals of these varieties for a long time that are really a cross or selfed version of the original.

But, it also seems to me the color differences you spotted are not so major that morphology over a period of decades couldn't have caused it - like how the Ghost cut of OG Kush is almost always green, but the Tahoe cut usually shows some other colors as well. Like Alatrist, I also have experienced differences, which for me, were even more pronounced than this color difference with Cheese - and many other varieties - among clones of the same cut in the same garden and in the same grow.

Last edited: