What's new
  • As of today ICMag has his own Discord server. In this Discord server you can chat, talk with eachother, listen to music, share stories and pictures...and much more. Join now and let's grow together! Join ICMag Discord here! More details in this thread here: here.
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

TOTALLY RANDOM POST II

Ca++

Putting shit in a box, poorly
gubbins.jpg

The white float box is always watching the water level. As long as there is some, it will allow the circulation and air pump to run. One circulation pump is particularly interested in the pH & EC probes getting a good supply. If the F&D elsewhere takes the water, these pumps stop.

A timer out of shot controls the process here. It brings on feed stirrer pumps. It also allows the float signal to choose between fill the tank, or dose the tank. This timer is set to run the maintenance process, between the F&D timers cycles. Or a couple of them, each day. So, the timer will tell the float box to choose between fill or dose. Generally, it will power the fill solenoid until full, then flick over the power to dosing. This sends power to the dosing pumps, but only if the computer on the wall says either need to run. One dosing pump is seen here. It's a stepper motor, meaning it needs the black driver box, and the speed signal from the screen stuck to it. This is mega accurate, for the pH acid. The feed doser is just a 12vdc pump, that does 1.9ml per minute. I'm looking at a couple of minutes to fill, and 20 to dose. Nice and slow, so I don't over-shoot. All this time them feed stirring pumps are running, and one in the tank that lifts the water from the bottom, up to the pH & EC probes.

Load of shit in a box. I told you.

moose eater

Gsd's are often not excessively cuddly. They'll typically come by for a nuzzle or a cuddle, then assume their position at the nearest entry point, on duty and on guard.

This one is sometimes a bit different. Don't know if it's her sense that I'm in the downswing where longevity is concerned, or just our closeness as master and best furry friend, but this was my female, just over a year old, on our bed last night, in sleepy mode, snuggled up to my legs. I was hesitant to get up when I considered I might need to. Didn't want to disturb this moment, so my wife took the pic.

IMG_1204.jpg

She's a nutbar, but a keeper, for sure. My wife's promised to be good to her and keep her when I go. She knows this dog's value to me and us. Same for our older 3-year-old+ female Gsd.

Edit: Yes, she typically sleeps immediately in front of the bedroom door at the nearest likely entry point, on duty.

Last edited:

moose eater

And when people make (often religious based) claims that humans are the only beings with serious brain power or souls, I consider all of the times I've seen both domesticated and wild critters doing remarkably thoughtful or soulful things.

A former partner on the Tanana River, many years ago, raised Dobermans. Proud and distinctive protection dogs. Loyal and attached as can be.

moose eater

We received about 5.5 inches of warmer end snow, then the rain started falling at about +25 f., much heavier than the classic 'frizzle'.

And it's rained all fucking day now.

Driveway's turning gray from the heavily saturated snow that's now mostly slushy semi-liquid. Snowblower won't deal with this shit, but fortunately in the 'warmth' the snow is easily removed from the vehicles and in between the vehicles before it turns to coarse ice sculptures.

Have to use snow scoops to pull the wet deep slush away from the vehicles so they're not frozen into place tomorrow or whenever it freezes hard again.

Power and therefore internet have been on and off all day. I think the power's now gone out about 4 times, likely from heavy trees that caught snow when it was cold enough to set up, then saturated with water at 8-lbs./gallon.

Still have the boiler and HRV unplugged (despite in-wall surge protectors and a whole-house surge protector in the electrical panel) Better safe than financially impaired...

And now that I've eaten my Scottish meat pies, plural, oops, I'm back out to snow-scoops-ville, squeegee city, and snow broom town.... man...

Nature will ultimately win in the end, but we'll go down swinging.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts