What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

TOTALLY RANDOM POST II

Ca++

Putting shit in a box, poorly
gubbins.jpg

The white float box is always watching the water level. As long as there is some, it will allow the circulation and air pump to run. One circulation pump is particularly interested in the pH & EC probes getting a good supply. If the F&D elsewhere takes the water, these pumps stop.

A timer out of shot controls the process here. It brings on feed stirrer pumps. It also allows the float signal to choose between fill the tank, or dose the tank. This timer is set to run the maintenance process, between the F&D timers cycles. Or a couple of them, each day. So, the timer will tell the float box to choose between fill or dose. Generally, it will power the fill solenoid until full, then flick over the power to dosing. This sends power to the dosing pumps, but only if the computer on the wall says either need to run. One dosing pump is seen here. It's a stepper motor, meaning it needs the black driver box, and the speed signal from the screen stuck to it. This is mega accurate, for the pH acid. The feed doser is just a 12vdc pump, that does 1.9ml per minute. I'm looking at a couple of minutes to fill, and 20 to dose. Nice and slow, so I don't over-shoot. All this time them feed stirring pumps are running, and one in the tank that lifts the water from the bottom, up to the pH & EC probes.

Load of shit in a box. I told you.