What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

top of the heap to third world status in one generation

Gry

Veteran
I recall how I felt when I saw the gunship footage that Assange was responsible for putting
out there for the world to see.
I think we all knew at the time what kind of cost would be attached to such as that.
I am amazed that he is still alive today, and wonder how long that shall remain the case.

GenghisKush

Search term: journalistic awards won by Assange and Wikileaks
Search engine used Bing
Result : Julian Assange, the founder of WikiLeaks, has received recognition for his work in publishing sensitive and classified information. Here are some notable awards he has won:

1. The Economist’s New Media Award (2008): Assange was honored with this award for his contributions to journalism through WikiLeaks1.
  2. Martha Gellhorn Prize for Journalism (2011): He received this prestigious prize, which recognizes outstanding investigative journalism1.
  3. Amnesty International New Media Award (2009): Assange collaborated with journalist Jon Swain on a report about political killings in Kenya, leading to increased public recognition of WikiLeaks. This collaboration earned him the Amnesty International New Media Award2.
  4. 2019 GUE/NGL Award for Journalists, Whistleblowers & Defenders of the Right to Information: Despite being jailed, Assange received this award established in honor of an assassinated journalist3.
  5. Australian Walkley Awards: These are Australia’s most prestigious journalism awards. Assange was recognized for his work, and he pre-recorded an acceptance speech for the award ceremony4.
to clarify

whether or not at any time he is acting as journalist is a matter of opinion and not an absolute fact.

facts are facts for everyone, they're universal; opinions can differ.

certainly i agree that assange has done important journalism.

when he published info stolen from US citizens by Russian spies to influence the outcome of the 2016 US POTUS election, he was (in my opinion) not acting as a journalist.

edit:
I'm suggesting that surrogates operating on behalf of a foreign government in US elections is tantamount to treason

I don't accuse Assange of Treason for acting w Russia to effect the outcome of the 2016 POTUS election; I just don't think it is journalism, and I don't much appreciate that he did it.

A difference between Assange did and what AIPAC does is AIPAC operates according to the affirmative consent of actual US citizens.

Last edited:

GenghisKush

Cannavore, just five days ago you were playing the "if you know what's good for you" sundown town card regarding Jews and their political choices.

Did you share that video to brag that your grandfather was one of the klansmen who harassed Reggie Jackson, or what?

Do you have any more ethnicity-based implicit threats you want to share?

moose said it months ago. the one thing making jews less safe are zionists.

the best thing an American jew can do is distance themselves from this fake ass country.

edit: all countries are fake. every. single. one. all made up.

Last edited:

Cannavore

Veteran
Oh good you acknowledge what Israel is doing is political and has nothing to do with Judaism. Cool.

I think Jews should distance themselves from political fascists who murder children and steal their land. I'd say the same for any people.

It's cool tho when you call Finkelstein and other Jewish holocaust scholars fake Jews though right?

GenghisKush

Want to know how I know I never said NF was any kind of fake Jew? Because, he isn't.
Jews can have any damn opinion on anything they want.
I did say he was being tokenized by the likes of you. He's your token jew. You like him because of his utility.
Present one to get out of accusations of antisemitism, free!

edit
I think it is antisemitic to assert that any Jews (including American Jews) ought to distance themselves from Israel, or to suggest that they might have a material connection to that place, at all.

I also said that I doubted the sincerity of NF's antiracism, just as I doubt the sincerity of yours.

Last edited:

Cannavore

Veteran
Want to know how I know I never said NF was any kind of fake Jew? Because, he isn't.
Jews can have any damn opinion on anything they want.
I did say he was being tokenized by the likes of you. He's your token jew. You like him because of his utility.
Present one to get out of accusations of antisemitism, free!

edit
I think it is antisemitic to assert that any Jews (including American Jews) ought to distance themselves from Israel, or to suggest that they might have a material connection to that place, at all.

I also said that I doubted the sincerity of NF's antiracism, just as I doubt the sincerity of yours.
This is becoming such a tired fake ass argument. It's not antisemitism to be against a genocide. Jews weaponize antisemitism to shield themselves from criticism and the average person such as yourself mops it up.

You do the Ben Shapiro "these aren't real Jews" shtick when a Jewish person goes against your narrative.

Zionists are bad people. That includes Zionist Jews. Not all Jews are Zionists nor do they all support the state of Israel. It's not antisemitic to say that.

Last edited:

Microbeman

The Logical Gardener
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Key word here is ancestors. Can't change what already happened but we can change what is currently happening. This isn't hard to understand.
can change both which has always been my point. With your statement, people born in Israel or moved there after the initial dirty, are blameless. Get it yet? This isn't hard to understand. Moose gets it.

Cannavore

Veteran
can change both which has always been my point.
good luck with changing an event that already happened while the victors remain in power unchallenged. we can't even get reparations for black americans, whose crimes against them happened much more recently than the native american genocide. the point is to stop it before it happens.

With your statement, people born in Israel or moved there after the initial dirty, are blameless. Get it yet? This isn't hard to understand. Moose gets it.
but they aren't blameless. they are colonialist terrorists seizing (illegally) more and more land while committing atrocities or are a party to atrocities. something like 90% of the israelis agree with wiping out the palestinians as i'm sure the number was similar amongst white euro colonizers here in the new land against the native americans.

Microbeman

The Logical Gardener
ICMag Donor
Veteran
but they aren't blameless. they are colonialist terrorists seizing (illegally) more and more land while committing atrocities or are a party to atrocities. something like 90% of the israelis agree with wiping out the palestinians as i'm sure the number was similar amongst white euro colonizers here in the new land against the native americans.
I can't help it if you are unable to see this ongoing in your own country. Ask Moose. You seem to listen to him on occasion.

Cannavore

Veteran
americans already took 99% of the natives land so what are you talking about? as i said, the US is a colonial power turned empire that remains unchallenged. good luck trying to get the people who have been stealing all the natives land to just give it back by the kindness of their hearts.

GenghisKush

@Cannavore did you ever explain how you repeatedly sharing content from the twitter user CensoredMen was going to advance the cause of liberation of Palestinian people and realization of peace and justice?

1719513580977.png

edit:
NYPD trains with the IDF, and even further, has IDF members on the force.

imagine if there were reports that the chinese military trains US police, and that chinese soldiers are members of the US police lol. there would be a nationwide witch hunt going on right now to find these "invaders"

Since no one's posted it yet lol....

A mattress with a poop stain was found inside (not joking). if this shit is connected to epsteins manhattan apartment or something people are gonna riot.

wait hold on lemme post the white nationalist version of this tweet as well;

Last edited:

Microbeman

The Logical Gardener
ICMag Donor
Veteran
americans already took 99% of the natives land so what are you talking about? as i said, the US is a colonial power turned empire that remains unchallenged. good luck trying to get the people who have been stealing all the natives land to just give it back by the kindness of their hearts.
Do a little actual open eyed looking. You asked me previously for the examples of the ongoing 'battle' - oppression, which I gave, which you ignored. Perhaps you are isolated in a city far away from the ongoing brutality and push back (and don't wish to see). As you have stated regarding the Palestinians, it is not just about the land (although that is big and some Indigenous cases have prevailed) Do you have enough kindness in your heart to give back?

Latest posts

Latest posts