What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Tom Hill Haze

Raco

secretion engineer
ICMag Donor
Veteran

Colombian (Cauca) @43N :)

purp1.jpg

acespicoli

Sams is up there in age. If he hasn't started any project I find it unlikely he ever will. He doesn't post anymore to give us any idea what he's doing.. He should pass them on to someone who will work them into something. It would be a shame if all were lost when he passes. The exceptional haze plants are very rare. 1:1k is prob correct. Sam has said its best used for breeding. Ive found that to be true. I've found plenty of average quality haze. None have been the creme of the crop. If I don't find something in Toms seeds I'll be done with haze and focus only on outcrossing it.
The pearl or foxtail phenos are nice ;)
You need the male that passes the potency
screenshot-kannapedia_net-2024_09_10-13_19_05.png

This chart represents the Illumina sequence coverage over the Bt/Bd allele. These are the three regions in the cannabis genome that impact THCA, CBDA, CBGA production. Coverage over the Active CBDAS gene is highly correlated with Type II and Type III plants as described by Etienne de Meijer. Coverage over the THCA gene is highly correlated with Type I and Type II plants but is anti-correlated with Type III plants. Type I plants require coverage over the inactive CBDA loci and no coverage over the Active CBDA gene. Lack of coverage over the Active CBDA and Active THCA allele are presumed to be Type IV plants (CBGA dominant). While deletions of entire THCAS and CBDAS genes are the most common Bt:Bd alleles observed, it is possible to have plants with these genes where functional expression of the enzyme is disrupted by deactivating point mutations (Kojoma et al. 2006).

(While deletions of entire THCAS and CBDAS genes are the most common Bt:Bd alleles observed,)

Very few strains are the grail
I hope you find it :huggg:

Last edited:

mexcurandero420

See the world through a puff of smoke
Veteran
Oldtimer's Haze also has incensey individuals in both main phenotypes.
Our best OTH mothers for breeding of each pheno: Green Haze 19 and Purple Haze 23 are incensey.
Nag Champa is different than what i smell when people smokes Haze. Amnesia Mac Ganja (Amnesia x Mexican Haze) is sold here in the Hague and has that typical incense aroma, but the Purple Haze which was sold in the early 90s had the Nag Champa aroma. If you can get a package of Nag Champa in your area, you can test it.

mexcurandero420

See the world through a puff of smoke
Veteran
The pearl or foxtail phenos are nice ;)
You need the male that passes the potency
View attachment 19064029
This chart represents the Illumina sequence coverage over the Bt/Bd allele. These are the three regions in the cannabis genome that impact THCA, CBDA, CBGA production. Coverage over the Active CBDAS gene is highly correlated with Type II and Type III plants as described by Etienne de Meijer. Coverage over the THCA gene is highly correlated with Type I and Type II plants but is anti-correlated with Type III plants. Type I plants require coverage over the inactive CBDA loci and no coverage over the Active CBDA gene. Lack of coverage over the Active CBDA and Active THCA allele are presumed to be Type IV plants (CBGA dominant). While deletions of entire THCAS and CBDAS genes are the most common Bt:Bd alleles observed, it is possible to have plants with these genes where functional expression of the enzyme is disrupted by deactivating point mutations (Kojoma et al. 2006).

(While deletions of entire THCAS and CBDAS genes are the most common Bt:Bd alleles observed,)

Very few strains are the grail
I hope you find it :huggg:
You can find Bt:Bd alleles in Chinese landrace varieties.

Green Zenit

My family don't want edgy weed, are we looking in the wrong place? What weed is blissfully floaty and content?
I have a 100 grip from Tom and wondering what effects to expect from the other 95%
I also have quite a few strains/seeds in the fridge if someone could suggest another one plz?
Would always suggest punto rojo, up lifting clear dreamy sativa, that lets you do your thing with no come down, I also enjoy that I can puff a couple joints during the day since the not to “strong” effect. For some people this is a let down since they want weed that the high lasts for 18 hours and its a mix of LSD with DMT sprinkled with peyote. In my experience with it should be well ripe and colder nights at end of flowering bring sweetness and berryeske taste.

NLbred

I am just getting my fall grow on the go and started a bunch of THH(14).. not very great germ rates but I did get this little triple..so worth the effort I hope.. this one is a little over a week old and I have 3 others but one is gonna be a bit of a mutant as it only has one leaf.. the other two are gonna be normal. wishing great vibes to all on your next grow!!
peace out
NL
20240910_112931.jpg

elanius

Veteran
My family don't want edgy weed, are we looking in the wrong place? What weed is blissfully floaty and content?
I have a 100 grip from Tom and wondering what effects to expect from the other 95%
I also have quite a few strains/seeds in the fridge if someone could suggest another one plz?
you can find exactly what you are looking for in both THH and OHaze, its a matter of selection.
Snowhigh Acapulco Gold has this quality as well, but you might go through some weaker plants and Green Zenit is spot on with Punto Rojo - another safe bet.

elanius

Veteran
Sams is up there in age. If he hasn't started any project I find it unlikely he ever will. He doesn't post anymore to give us any idea what he's doing.. He should pass them on to someone who will work them into something. It would be a shame if all were lost when he passes. The exceptional haze plants are very rare. 1:1k is prob correct. Sam has said its best used for breeding. Ive found that to be true. I've found plenty of average quality haze. None have been the creme of the crop. If I don't find something in Toms seeds I'll be done with haze and focus only on outcrossing it.

Sam was planning to breed Haze in Jamaica, but it seems those plans are now onhold...as for continuing his work with Haze @MadMac might have something to say about that ; )

Anyway, to put things into perspective, Sams comments related to Haze quality and breeding with it comes from the commercial point of view. You can certainly find exceptional Haze for smoke, its not that hard. But commercial value is low, in this day and age.
But to find really good Haze, you need to grow it properly. You claim you found plenty average quality haze, can you show some pics ? Did they reach the potential ? No offense, growing these plants is very hard, but all the pics I saw from you were overfed Hazes in mid flower, that looked on the edge of reflowering. If you want to judge quality you need to reach the potential, otherwise you dont know hat you have in hand. Imagine flowering ECSD in highest heat during summer, ending up with mids and saying the clone sucks. Its all about seeing what the plant can really offer.

Last edited:

Sub24ox7

They don’t like too strong feeding at all especially in flower, they may tolerate it in veg.. when you really get a haze happy they shine and if you have good phenos too they look like madmacs, Elanius, and mahas plants. I don’t always make them shine but when you get it right it’s rewarding. Just my 2cents ✌️

Sam was planning to breed Haze in Jamaica, but it seems those plans are now onhold...as for continuing his work with Haze @MadMac might have something to say about that ; )

Anyway, to put things into perspective, Sams comments related to Haze quality and breeding with it comes from the commercial point of view. You can certainly find exceptional Haze for smoke, its not that hard. But commercial value is low, in this day and age.
But to find really good Haze, you need to grow it properly. You claim you found plenty average quality haze, can you show some pics ? Did they reach the potential ? No offense, growing these plants is very hard, but all the pics I saw from you were overfed Hazes in mid flower, that looked on the edge on reflowering. If you want to judge quality you need to reach the potential, otherwise you dont know hat you have in hand. Imagine flowering ECSD in highest heat during summer, ending up with mids and saying the clone sucks. Its all about seeing what the plant can really offer.
I have very similar point of view, except in 1 thing about Hammerheads pics and grows is a bit to non constructive side .I believe his plants look very good.

Anyway I totally agree that reaching the plant in full potential is the key and how you know they reached the full potential ?
The peak is very hard spot to define, help from others needed to grow the same cut, or smoke and share experiences.

The creation of the Haze Union has already started and the idea behind is, all of us we stand united behind the plant.

Creating officially the 5 standards of a good Haze like in every exclusive product .

Nobody individually can benefit from this but all .

🙏