What's new

Thai Nevil 1& others

right

Lone Thai Nevil 1 so far.Sucking up the eastern Texas sunshine 🌞
20240827_114517.jpg

right

Lil update. Will ad more thai nevil 1 as soon as I sort and germinate some old seed.Mabey some (karanuba sunrise ?) I'm excited about something that Nevil (R.I.P.)had hishands on , and I am interested in anything with Hempy thai.
20240904_093848.jpg

Maria Sanchez

That would be anything with the Outback Haze.
Hey there @@hempy
I'm really interested to hear more about the Outback Haze, especially pheno 2, and also your Thai in the cross.
I've got a couple of crosses of the ThaiFrican running, Outback Haze 2 x (Nv Hz 23 x Kariba).
The ThaiFrican was the father, crossed to a very fast chunky flower pheno of the (NH18 x MM pheno 1) x (NH21 x MML Male).
Of course they're polyhybrids now, but two quite different phenos.
One is medium height, short stretch, fairly leafy buds, heavy branching so not long spear colas.
The other one is tall, longer stretch, more calyx on long spear buds.
Gonna do a copy and paste, if I may...?

Grail (fast pheno) x ThaiFrican (both phenos) plus Lemon 'n' Lime Jones
PXL_20240913_012643054.jpg

Grail (fast pheno) x ThaiFrican (medium pheno)
PXL_20240913_012749941.jpg

Grail (fast pheno) x ThaiFrican (taller pheno)
PXL_20240913_012733450.jpg

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
Hey there @@hempy
I'm really interested to hear more about the Outback Haze, especially pheno 2, and also your Thai in the cross.
I've got a couple of crosses of the ThaiFrican running, Outback Haze 2 x (Nv Hz 23 x Kariba).
The ThaiFrican was the father, crossed to a very fast chunky flower pheno of the (NH18 x MM pheno 1) x (NH21 x MML Male).
Of course they're polyhybrids now, but two quite different phenos.
One is medium height, short stretch, fairly leafy buds, heavy branching so not long spear colas.
The other one is tall, longer stretch, more calyx on long spear buds.
Gonna do a copy and paste, if I may...?
Hi Maria my Thai was the Last Thai Nevil tried well after most of the different hybrids combinations were made, and he selected it as the one to cross with his Nevils Haze, that he called the Outback Haze his Grail. The Outback Haze is the only line Nevil released with my Thai in it, the other lines used Gypsy Thai as they were made at the start of his Grail project, then he used Reefermans Swiss Thai from Green Hornet.

Your plants look really nice and healthy.

Maria Sanchez

Hi Maria my Thai was the Last Thai Nevil tried well after most of the different hybrids combinations were made, and he selected it as the one to cross with his Nevils Haze, that he called the Outback Haze his Grail. The Outback Haze is the only line Nevil released with my Thai in it, the other lines used Gypsy Thai as they were made at the start of his Grail project, then he used Reefermans Swiss Thai from Green Hornet.

Your plants look really nice and healthy.
Thanks for that info, Hempy!

I still have about 5 or 6 of the reg ThaiFrican seeds, Outback Haze 2 x (NvHz 23 x Kariba), that I think I will be running in the next round, along with the fem Thai Madness which is Swiss Thai Nevil 2 clone x (NvHz 21 x Mullumbimby Long).
If I could combine those together, it will be a nice NvHz base with two different Thais, plus the best of African (Kariba) and Aussie (Mullum).

These Thai crosses seem to love it where I am, around 24 N, and they have plenty of time to finish up.

I'll stop hijacking @right 's journal now, haha!

right

I don't mind if you discuss with hempy in this thread.
Thanks for that info, Hempy!

I still have about 5 or 6 of the reg ThaiFrican seeds, Outback Haze 2 x (NvHz 23 x Kariba), that I think I will be running in the next round, along with the fem Thai Madness which is Swiss Thai Nevil 2 clone x (NvHz 21 x Mullumbimby Long).
If I could combine those together, it will be a nice NvHz base with two different Thais, plus the best of African (Kariba) and Aussie (Mullum).

These Thai crosses seem to love it where I am, around 24 N, and they have plenty of time to finish up.

I'll stop hijacking @right 's journal now, haha!

Very nice! Am I right to assume that this can produce pretty trippy phenos? Also interesting that sativas seem to be more light hungry - at least that's what it seemed like with my current grow. My last run was indica dominant and when I gave my sativa hybrids the same amount of light at the same distance, they all fell over... thankfully that is easy to fix indoors.

right

I hope to find tripy phenotypes , fingers crossed 🤞.
Sativas experience more intense light closer to the equator.
All of my seedlings seem to fall over and then straighten out. Inside and in full sun.
Bamboo stakes are great for heavy buds.
🙂
Very nice! Am I right to assume that this can produce pretty trippy phenos? Also interesting that sativas seem to be more light hungry - at least that's what it seemed like with my current grow. My last run was indica dominant and when I gave my sativa hybrids the same amount of light at the same distance, they all fell over... thankfully that is easy to fix indoors.

Maria Sanchez

I found once I started them outside in the fresh air and wind, that with good light as well, they never fall over in that first tiny seedling stage anymore.

Cool you've started some more Thai Nevs!
Mine are hitting the stretch hard right now, about 2.2 meters tall I guess.

right

I found once I started them outside in the fresh air and wind, that with good light as well, they never fall over in that first tiny seedling stage anymore.

Cool you've started some more Thai Nevs!
Mine are hitting the stretch hard right now, about 2.2 meters tall I guess.
Wow thats awesome. You are a very skilled grower. I love what you are able to do with them . I follow your grow closely

Latest posts

Latest posts