What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Tom Hill Haze

Nexus7

Thai sticks in Sydney were $15 each in September 1979 when I bought my first Thai sticks off a biker I became friends with. The price went up to $20 a stick and stayed at that price for years, they started off closer to 2 grams a stick.

The price of the Thai stick stayed the same, but over the next few years, the size weight of the Thai stick got smaller.

It started off with the Thai weed tied, then you had a lot of the compressed stuff into the 80s up until 84/85 when the imported Thai stopped completely.

The quality of the Thai was consistent tied or compressed all the way until the last year of imports, the last Thai I scored was complete rubbish.

In Thailand, it was still good in 1986 I know this because a close friend travelled to Thailand monthly for work.

Welcome back! @@hempy

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
Historically, there wasn't a strict separation between hemp and weed in terms of cultivation in Thailand. The distinction we have today between hemp (low THC) and weed (high THC) is more of a modern concept driven by legal and industrial demands.In traditional Thai agriculture and society, cannabis was just one plant used for many different purposes, whether it was for medicinal use, recreational use, or practical applications like making rope and textiles. The plant naturally had various uses depending on how it was harvested and processed, without the need to distinguish between "hemp" and "weed" in the way we do today.This more recent distinction between hemp and weed came about largely due to modern legal frameworks and regulations, where governments began regulating plants based on their THC content. Before this, in places like Thailand, cannabis was simply seen as a versatile plant used in everyday life for various reasons, whether industrial, medicinal, or even spiritual.

Thats is the reason why all Landrace cannabis cant be as potent as our today western cannabis which is highly breeded towards THC.

When you had 15yo 2 beers will knock you out...today they go easily after lunch.

Those are all your myths...of youth.
And nothing more.

Best Cannabis on earth today is American - Dutch cannabis.
And no other landrace can compare.

Some of what you posted is true, but the introduction of prohibition changed cannabis the plant called sativa, that we used for fibre /drug and medicine for 1000s of years. Prohibition started in the United Kingdom on 28 September 1928 and other countries soon after.

Then we saw the birth of what they call industrial hemp, all bred specifically for low THC and all bred in Europe and patented. Don't believe me, look it up. Industrial hemp becomes hot if left alone, meaning its THC % will start to increase.

The reason for the fall of quality in Thai cannabis has all to do with importation of genetics and those genetics being breed to Thai genetics, becoming hybridised.

As for Dutch genetics being superior, no, not a chance.

Thai cannabis use to be some of if not the best cannabis on the planet.

Farmer John

Still alive.
Veteran
"You see, we were also loaded with a twenty ton cargo of top-grade “Punta Roja”, Colombia’s finest marijuana. About forty million dollars’ worth..."

I' m going to buy the book!! Thx for letting us know :)
Have to get this book. Met some old smugglers the first time I visited Bay Area in 2000. In Bolinas there were a lot of those guys alive back then. And it was in Bolinas the first time I got my hands on what they called haze and it was pretty much the same I got from Tom's seeds.

bajode5

After growing Tom Hill Haze in parallel with other Hazes (Seedsman, 90, Madmac) I also ended up opting for Tom Hill Haze, its effect is crazier and more cerebral, something that suits me and that made me believe in the presence of Thai genes in it. Something that I did not perceive in the other Hazes.
I remember that when I did that race it crossed my mind to take samples and send them to a laboratory to make a comparison/similarity in their DNA, then I remembered that I am a home grower and allowing myself that would not be cheap. I ended up discarding the idea.

But now that I read the last comments in the thread I wonder, has anyone else thought of doing something like that, without considering Phylos. A laboratory with advanced equipment and techniques is the only truth that I could consider. Maybe if someone is willing to carry out this revelation, perhaps with a capital covered by a group of interested parties we could have an opinion based on science and not memories.
Just my grain of sand, by the way welcome Tom.

Lindau

Looks like I'll be around Trat - Cambodian border area - for a few days - it's not strictly a seed hunting mission - but if anything good shows up - I'll be on it -
Than I"m sure you want to go to Koh Chang or to the near Islands.
Did you know Thailand have 2 Koh Chags?One near Trat to Cambodia and one near Burma?Near Koh Phayam?
Many years ago I read in the Internet from Koh Chang Thai sativa.
I was there a few times,rent a motorbike for 100Baht a day to look for seeds.
Was visiting many bars,nobody know from growin cannabis in thls Island.
Why?
The whole Island is only a big piramide with wild nature

To grow cannabis here possieblr but dont like the name "KO CHANG.
ALL the cannabis in the Island was comming from Cambodia.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Than I"m sure you want to go to Koh Chang or to the near Islands.
Did you know Thailand have 2 Koh Chags?One near Trat to Cambodia and one near Burma?Near Koh Phayam?
Many years ago I read in the Internet from Koh Chang Thai sativa.
I was there a few times,rent a motorbike for 100Baht a day to look for seeds.
Was visiting many bars,nobody know from growin cannabis in thls Island.
Why?
The whole Island is only a big piramide with wild nature

To grow cannabis here possieblr but dont like the name "KO CHANG.
ALL the cannabis in the Island was comming from Cambodia.
Ya - I've also been to both Koh Chang's - the one on the Andaman sea side had its beaches spoiled by ferrous looking red mining deposits - but some people were still living and growing 'erb there - it wasn't much for tourism 25 years or more ago - just a very few beach/bungalow places to rent cheaply - but was very close to the Burmese border - so lots of smugglers about -

- the other Koh Chang next to Cambodia is and was much more touristy - these days lots of bars/hotels/beach resorts - and some people still grow some 'erb there - although not on an industrial scale - most of it comes in from Cambodia - for the tourists and a few locals -

Mimpi Manis

Kind of butting in here a bit with a question for Tom... if he can be arsed? So Tom, whats your take on the long(er) cure business? Especially in relation to the Equatorials? I often wonder how old that Thai stuff was from the time it was picked and dried to when it landed? The sticks to Oz I'd hazard a guess would be at least 4-6 months given the colour and crunchiness? No first hand experience at the source myself anywhere really. Sadly. But damn, it was definitely comfort to bump into the finished product down the way a little. Here... and there.

Lindau

Ya - I've also been to both Koh Chang's - the one on the Andaman sea side had its beaches spoiled by ferrous looking red mining deposits - but some people were still living and growing 'erb there - it wasn't much for tourism 25 years or more ago - just a very few beach/bungalow places to rent cheaply - but was very close to the Burmese border - so lots of smugglers about -

- the other Koh Chang next to Cambodia is and was much more touristy - these days lots of bars/hotels/beach resorts - and some people still grow some 'erb there - although not on an industrial scale - most of it comes in from Cambodia - for the tourists and a few locals -
You was in Ranong for 5 US for 1 day visit to Burma?
Or visitet KO Phayam?

Lindau

OMG!
One of the cannabis Gods was answering me!!!!
What a day!
The City in Burma is Victoria Point.

Last edited:

Wolverine97

Veteran
I just got the best idea ever. Why wont someone make Roadkill Haze? Double trouble there so everyone could go really nuts. Two mythical unicorns of a million arguments combined.

I mean that by crossing Roadkill Skunk and any of the known hazes will probably start a new pandemic or world war by the looks of the conversation going on around those two cannabis varieties.
don't give medman any ideas

bigherb

Veteran
Yeah except I was fucking there at cannabis world in 2001 when he fucking described the Thai. I was there when Rob Clarke wrote the origins of the species and when Sam had every opportunity to school him he said Rob his friend who was there was right. I seen it all man pre rewrite. I'm fine with it send Sam your cheddar if you can he for sure deserves it but no man the big herb Todd Sam scam going on now it absolutely and utter bullshit.
Considering your acknowledgement ,I'll attempt briefly to converse.

I enjoy your informative post of experiences., your intellect and humor is always appreciated. Hopefully they'll continue in that direction

I'm not sure what Scam you refer . I've never Attempted to shit on you or your line . Soo I expect the same

How I'm in anyway connected to the gentleman mentioned above is pretty amazing, I respect them both greatly . If its in regards to the Origins well I'm sure with your status and all , your love of Haze you'd have met G at some point or got the story from someone certified

I've never lied about anything, especially Cannabis , EVERYTHING IVE EVER POSTED IS MY TRUTH MY EXPERIENCE.
Growing your Haze , Colombian Gold, Mns Nevils Haze in the snow lol Skunk Haze in a Noreaster Outdoors in NYC .Diesel bagseed off a patio off a main avenue in NYC

The Origins Of Original Haze was shared Via G , I asked questions to my source that G replied to . I've spoke with 2 of 3 brothers who got RR of HighTimes toasted . One passed few years ago while still living in Santa Cruz . No made up Ishhh

The contact DJ who shared this information and conversation with G was a college mate of RCC . He put RCC onto his first big outdoor grow . He G and Sams have all said RCC was not involved in any of those Haze Grows .
I Respect all RCC has done for cannabis but he has no knowledge of Haze Origins as he wasn't there . Invite him Here, if he's a friend ask him during your next conversation if DJ is Official or if anything I've said isn't true .

They are absolutely the same smell though Thai and my favorite haze, zero question big herb

Brother Respect that you're efforts and passion is still burning. I think it's Great you've found that connection. Hopefully you have a few keepers in those Thai . Hopefully that Isle 9 pops up in your current run and you can share or work a line of this Acid type

I wish you the best. I know you've got a lot of experience and passion which gives way for great stories to share.
Hopefully the
Me Against the World- Tupac mentality washes away and you can share more of your GOOD experiences with cannabis and not bitterness of bad business etc.

My only intentions on the forum from day 1 was to learn and justice for the truth , I grew 3 plants of yours . I can't speak on your line from real experience it's extremely minimal. But many have grown the line for years there experiences are posted publicly. Not trying to go back to our last conversation that went left when I shared others post .

But compact growth , earlier flowering times 12-16 weeks , terpenes . All show your Haze line to be different then other Original Haze Offerings .

I never doubted Thai in your Haze line

I believe your Original Haze is actually a Haze hybrid hence the Thai association

1luvbigherb

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
You was in Ranong for 5 US for 1 day visit to Burma?
Or visitet KO Phayam?
Was in Ranong for a while but I didn't ever cross the border there into Burma (Myanmar) - stayed mostly on Koh Chang for a couple of weeks - smoking mostly on some Buddha stick 'erb that I got from an old Thai lady on Kata Noi beach in Phuket for 20 baht a stick about a week before I arrived - enjoying the basic beach ⛱️ bum lifestyle - eating - drinking - swimming in the sea - and hanging out with a mish-mash of various foreigners and locals - on the beach and in little guest houses/beach bungalows - barbecuing fish and drinking warm Singha beer - because most places didn't have regular power and refrigeration at that time - watching the sun set - to the sound of guitars - lots of fireside music - in the evenings 😀 - which was all very relaxing -

Latest posts

Latest posts