What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Tom Hill Haze

Tom Hill

Veteran
I was there I was born in inglewood grew up in Venice beach I saw all that epic Thai come into long Beach and get gobbled up by me and mine. Some clown from Texas or anywhere else might try to come along and pretend to have a clue but he doesnt. I'm gunna have to blow those whistle on them sorry not sorry. Ben has zero business talking Thai. He fucking wishes.

Roms

from the future
Veteran
Forget Thais, there's better ones in frequency

I can offer you some Zamala btw :biggrin:.
b2cf2a27aadb2c7df98f1db5e545f2e225d91719.jpeg

Tom Hill

Veteran
I started smoking in 75 and the Cambodian(best that ever came around) and Thai that we got had no rivals. We paid $300 for it then.
Clarke etc al. Nobody really talks about the real story: here it is. Mexican, Jamaican, Colombian, all others were coming in at 200-300 lb all through the '70's then a paradigm shift occured in about '78. Thai came in at 1800 and said fuck you. Surfers paid. Uncle Marty hung drywall at $100 per day in '78 he's not gunna move lids of grass at $100 profit per lb lol. Thai changed everything period end of. Nor/cal could get that same 1800 for their new greenbud. Anyway. Now that nothing's worth squat, time to grow haze and thai again. And no these ignorant culls from the dustbowls have no clue about any of this shit.

Last edited:

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Clarke etc al. Nobody really talks about the real story: here it is. Mexican, Jamaican, Colombian, all others were coming in at 200-300 lb all through the '70's then a paradigm shift occured in about '78. Thai came in at 1800 and said fuck you. Surfers paid. Uncle Marty hung drywall at $100 per day in '78 he's not gunna move lids of grass at $100 profit per lb lol. Thai changed everything period end of. Nor/cal cound get that same 1800 for their new greenbud. Anyway. Now that nothing's worth squat, time to grow haze and that again. And no these ignorant culls from the dustbowls have no clue about any of this shit.
Yep - I was in S.F. California in '78 working the door at The Mabuhay Gardens on Broadway - and real good Thai was going for $20 per gram - same price as locally grown sensimilla - suddenly no one wanted the old Mexi and Columbian brick 'erb - even though it was much cheaper -

- That Thai on the market at that time was excellent 😀 - and laid the ground for many trips I have made to Thailand over many decades - where I have found excellent 'erb also - I'm off to Thailand again next month - and wonder if I still can find something as good as it was waaay back then -

Dime

Clarke etc al. Nobody really talks about the real story: here it is. Mexican, Jamaican, Colombian, all others were coming in at 200-300 lb all through the '70's then a paradigm shift occured in about '78. Thai came in at 1800 and said fuck you. Surfers paid. Uncle Marty hung drywall at $100 per day in '78 he's not gunna move lids of grass at $100 profit per lb lol. Thai changed everything period end of. Nor/cal could get that same 1800 for their new greenbud. Anyway. Now that nothing's worth squat, time to grow haze and thai again. And no these ignorant culls from the dustbowls have no clue about any of this shit.
I'm in Canada and we got your overflow and paid twice what you did. In my area we got Jamaican one season ,one single run of Panama Red,but neither was as good or had the staying power of the Colombian Gold which we paid $60 a sack for ,the Mexican was the cheapest here and most available and sometimes it was pretty good.In the 80's we got a few batches of Hawaiian and from then on all the good weed dried up and we got seedless homegrown and indica hit the scene and watered the heady weed down,much like ruderalis is doing it now.

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
Wally and hempy these guys practically had it shoved down their throats with their $250 Pinay flights etc they really have no excuse and if my weed is better than theirs they are in big trouble.
Seems like it was cheaper in Oz, if gn is correct with $20 a gram in 78 and in 81 when I first tried it and heard prices they were between $8 and $13, and those sticks looked like 2 ish/ 2.5 grams I reckoned? My eye wasn't in as good as now but definitely over a gram anyway..
Quickly prices went to $15 a stick and then $20
A gram which we all thought was outrageous..

Tom Hill

Veteran
I'm in Canada and we got your overflow and paid twice what you did. In my area we got Jamaican one season ,one single run of Panama Red,but neither was as good or had the staying power of the Colombian Gold which we paid $60 a sack for ,the Mexican was the cheapest here and most available and sometimes it was pretty good.In the 80's we got a few batches of Hawaiian and from then on all the good weed dried up and we got seedless homegrown and indica hit the scene and watered the heady weed down,much like ruderalis is doing it now.
This sounds about right. And mind you your scene is pretty heady. Imagine it compared to life of the i5 which down here we barely even acknowledge the existence of. They are trump voters for fucks sakes.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Seems like it was cheaper in Oz, if gn is correct with $20 a gram in 78 and in 81 when I first tried it and heard prices they were between $8 and $13, and those sticks looked like 2 ish/ 2.5 grams I reckoned? My eye wasn't in as good as now but definitely over a gram anyway..
Quickly prices went to $15 a stick and then $20
A gram which we all thought was outrageous..
Was easier to get it into Oz back then Wal than California - Howard Marks was kinda instrumental in getting good Thai 'erb into the states late 70's - early 80's - till he got busted and had to do some years in a Fed Pen - (RIP Howard) -

Latest posts

Latest posts