What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Tom Hill Haze

Tom Hill

Veteran
Same. Fly high guys.
Screenshot_20240906-221148~2.png

Man I'm gonna miss Tom's bravado if he ever does really leave the forums. Even though I don't necessarily agree with him on a lot of issues, I have to respect a man for walking like he talks, and slinging his shit at other apes when it's due.
@Tom Hill is original as it goes, pure him self no pretending from the few left of his kind, talks straight talks no holding back. I have followed some from his ways in my breeding projects. Has my respect to:)

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
Only smoked the Thai Stick once out here on the East Coast... Usually was seedy brick out here back then and long dry spells, Had to do Gravity Bongs to conserve and get real high...
couldnt imagine thai in one of those gravity bongs ,
in oz , they were bucket bongs , but boy did they rock you with even some mild herb ...
with some good thai they would rip your head off id reckon ,, lol

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
Thai sticks in Sydney were $15 each in September 1979 when I bought my first Thai sticks off a biker I became friends with. The price went up to $20 a stick and stayed at that price for years, they started off closer to 2 grams a stick.

The price of the Thai stick stayed the same, but over the next few years, the size weight of the Thai stick got smaller.

It started off with the Thai weed tied, then you had a lot of the compressed stuff into the 80s up until 84/85 when the imported Thai stopped completely.

The quality of the Thai was consistent tied or compressed all the way until the last year of imports, the last Thai I scored was complete rubbish.

In Thailand, it was still good in 1986 I know this because a close friend travelled to Thailand monthly for work.

Lindau

Yep - I was in S.F. California in '78 working the door at The Mabuhay Gardens on Broadway - and real good Thai was going for $20 per gram - same price as locally grown sensimilla - suddenly no one wanted the old Mexi and Columbian brick 'erb - even though it was much cheaper -

- That Thai on the market at that time was excellent 😀 - and laid the ground for many trips I have made to Thailand over many decades - where I have found excellent 'erb also - I'm off to Thailand again next month - and wonder if I still can find something as good as it was waaay back then -

Yep - I was in S.F. California in '78 working the door at The Mabuhay Gardens on Broadway - and real good Thai was going for $20 per gram - same price as locally grown sensimilla - suddenly no one wanted the old Mexi and Columbian brick 'erb - even though it was much cheaper -

- That Thai on the market at that time was excellent 😀 - and laid the ground for many trips I have made to Thailand over many decades - where I have found excellent 'erb also - I'm off to Thailand again next month - and wonder if I still can find something as good as it was waaay back then -

Hi!
If you go next month to Thailand for seedhunting you have to go to Nakhon Phanom,Phon Sawan where the Thai Stick is comming from.
Did you saw my last seedhunting travel pictures from this area?
There are still many,many old Thai strains,it depens which village you visit.
Number #187 in this tread.

Last edited:

CannaT

starin' at the world through my rearview
Historically, there wasn't a strict separation between hemp and weed in terms of cultivation in Thailand. The distinction we have today between hemp (low THC) and weed (high THC) is more of a modern concept driven by legal and industrial demands.In traditional Thai agriculture and society, cannabis was just one plant used for many different purposes, whether it was for medicinal use, recreational use, or practical applications like making rope and textiles. The plant naturally had various uses depending on how it was harvested and processed, without the need to distinguish between "hemp" and "weed" in the way we do today.This more recent distinction between hemp and weed came about largely due to modern legal frameworks and regulations, where governments began regulating plants based on their THC content. Before this, in places like Thailand, cannabis was simply seen as a versatile plant used in everyday life for various reasons, whether industrial, medicinal, or even spiritual.

Thats is the reason why all Landrace cannabis cant be as potent as our today western cannabis which is highly breeded towards THC.

When you had 15yo 2 beers will knock you out...today they go easily after lunch.

Those are all your myths...of youth.
And nothing more.

Best Cannabis on earth today is American - Dutch cannabis.
And no other landrace can compare.

Chi13

ICMag Donor
Thai sticks in Sydney were $15 each in September 1979 when I bought my first Thai sticks off a biker I became friends with. The price went up to $20 a stick and stayed at that price for years, they started off closer to 2 grams a stick.

The price of the Thai stick stayed the same, but over the next few years, the size weight of the Thai stick got smaller.

It started off with the Thai weed tied, then you had a lot of the compressed stuff into the 80s up until 84/85 when the imported Thai stopped completely.

The quality of the Thai was consistent tied or compressed all the way until the last year of imports, the last Thai I scored was complete rubbish.

In Thailand, it was still good in 1986 I know this because a close friend travelled to Thailand monthly for work.
I got my first Thai stick in Sydney in '77 and I think it was $12, pricey compared to $8 "foilies", and you could go and buy a bag of local bush grown buds for $30, not weighed but mostly around a 1/3 d oz at a guess. Hash was the only thing sold in grams, black putty or leb blonde.

Good days for weed.

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
Historically, there wasn't a strict separation between hemp and weed in terms of cultivation in Thailand. The distinction we have today between hemp (low THC) and weed (high THC) is more of a modern concept driven by legal and industrial demands.In traditional Thai agriculture and society, cannabis was just one plant used for many different purposes, whether it was for medicinal use, recreational use, or practical applications like making rope and textiles. The plant naturally had various uses depending on how it was harvested and processed, without the need to distinguish between "hemp" and "weed" in the way we do today.This more recent distinction between hemp and weed came about largely due to modern legal frameworks and regulations, where governments began regulating plants based on their THC content. Before this, in places like Thailand, cannabis was simply seen as a versatile plant used in everyday life for various reasons, whether industrial, medicinal, or even spiritual.

Thats is the reason why all Landrace cannabis cant be as potent as our today western cannabis which is highly breeded towards THC.

When you had 15yo 2 beers will knock you out...today they go easily after lunch.

And nothing more.

so you are saying everyone that smoked thai and still raves about it ,
was 15 years old at the time ???
nice study mate ,
maybe do something better than try to promote modern cannabis in a thread where we are discussing something else ,
we are all aware of modern cannabis , but we dont like it more than the old stuff ,
in fact if you had been reading along , most of us prefer the older stuff ,

if you are basing this on thc content and flash looking bud , you are not even aware of how it all works mate ,
so yea give up and go to another thread where you may be more appreciated ,,
here you look like an annoying idiot , and im being kind there ,,
scram mate ...

Sanjuro

A landrace is a domesticated, locally adapted,[2][3][4] often traditional[5] variety of a species

due to isolation from other populations of the species.[2] Landraces are distinct from cultivars and from standard breeds.
I hear you.

And that was my whole point

I’m not too sure that many of the old school genetics used in sk1, haze and the afghanis in NLs or the maple leaf Nevil had were adapted isolated strains, because to me it seems these were hybrids already before they arrived in the hands of westerners

To me these were drug cultivar hybrids,many of them, not isolated populations that had been adapted to local environment, including soil

SamS has writen that the mazar he used in sk1 was all over genetically, haze seems to be the same. If you look mazar genetics some seed sellers have on their menu, there’s clearly more than one line being grown in the area. shit has been brought in from other places.

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
i cant comment on what they were of course ,
and i guess its hard to tell just by the look ,

and yes its quite likely in some places other varieties had arrived and were being used to try to enhance yields etc , just makes sense to do so if its a commodity in high demand and u want to maximize your yields etc ...

where i live in southern Australia as a boy there was certainly already hybrids in the early 80s ,
and all manner of landrace sativas , as well as some indicas ...

Lindau

And nothing more.

I just want to ASK you again if you so smart,where is Yunnan?
Mongolei?

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Hi!
If you go next month to Thailand for seedhunting you have to go to Nakhon Phanom,Phon Sawan where the Thai Stick is comming from.
Did you saw my last seedhunting travel pictures from this area?
There are still many,many old Thai strains,it depens which village you visit.
Number #187 in this tread.
Looks like I'll be around Trat - Cambodian border area - for a few days - it's not strictly a seed hunting mission - but if anything good shows up - I'll be on it -