What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

New Masterblend Cannabis formula?? 0-20-42

Tomatoesonly

lol bunch of crickets in here, hope y’all are doing well. This new masterblend is crushing it for us. Terpenes are off the chart and rosin returns are hitting 6% now. The amount of misinformation by some of these “well known members” is comical. But hell, I’m from the Show me State. Yields are looking rough with that lack of N. 🤦🏻‍♂️

Do you have a rundown of your nutrients throughout flowering?

Yes sir. I use Agsil 16h @ .2 of a gram per gallon. 3 grams of MB with 2 grams of epsom. Mix together. 3 grams of cal/nit. I use purecal. pH at 6.2 with 45% sulfuric acid.
“Cultivar depending” I pull my cal/nit at day 41-45 and supplement with gypsum at 3 grams per gallon. My last watering for the plants would be only tap. This new mix is super clean and breaks down great. My EC throughout flower stays low. 2.2 at max. Any other questions I’d be glad to help. Happy growing.

IMG_8391.jpeg

This is my tap water that I use as well…

Gooseman23

Or how about being in control of your N throughout flower and having actual terpenes you can taste and smell. Instead of pumping so much N in flower you have vegetative growth, excessive stretch, and bud that smells like chlorophyll. 👍
I’m still running the master blend. From day 42 onward I’m giving
4 g/gal MB (I’m running the old MB formula still 0-12-24)
2g/gal cal nit
I notice at this rate when they are ready to fade it low enough N that they will do it when they are ready. And if they want to stay green it’s enough to stay green. Also I don’t need to flush still get good flavor with reduced N

Last edited:

Gooseman23

Yes sir. I use Agsil 16h @ .2 of a gram per gallon. 3 grams of MB with 2 grams of epsom. Mix together. 3 grams of cal/nit. I use purecal. pH at 6.2 with 45% sulfuric acid.
“Cultivar depending” I pull my cal/nit at day 41-45 and supplement with gypsum at 3 grams per gallon. My last watering for the plants would be only tap. This new mix is super clean and breaks down great. My EC throughout flower stays low. 2.2 at max. Any other questions I’d be glad to help. Happy growing.
This is reason I give 2g/gal after day 42. Instead of supplementing calcium. This gives me only 80 ppm N and still 100 ppm calcium which is low enough N and high enough calcium at this stage

mikegrowgreen

lol bunch of crickets in here, hope y’all are doing well. This new masterblend is crushing it for us. Terpenes are off the chart and rosin returns are hitting 6% now. The amount of misinformation by some of these “well known members” is comical. But hell, I’m from the Show me State. Yields are looking rough with that lack of N. 🤦🏻‍♂️ View attachment 19010647
This looks 👍 great. Do u run mb in veg as well?

Gooseman23

Negative, still use jacks for veg and seedlings along with Agsil 16.
This looks 👍 great. Do u run mb in veg as well?

So he doesn’t but you can. I’m running the 0-12-24 and I run it from seed to flower.
Veg I run
4 g/gal master blend
.8 g/gal epsom salt
3.25 g/gal cal nitrate
That it for base. Not sure what the numbers would be with the new formula but if you just use a tool like hydro buddy then you can play around with numbers to get close to your target PPM’s of each nutrient

importedtermite

So he doesn’t but you can. I’m running the 0-12-24 and I run it from seed to flower.
Veg I run
4 g/gal master blend
.8 g/gal epsom salt
3.25 g/gal cal nitrate
That it for base. Not sure what the numbers would be with the new formula but if you just use a tool like hydro buddy then you can play around with numbers to get close to your target PPM’s of each nutrient
Custom hydro is recommending 3g of MB, 4g of Ca nitrate, and 2.3g of Epsom with the new formula during flower, do you plan on running that?

Gooseman23

Custom hydro is recommending 3g of MB, 4g of Ca nitrate, and 2.3g of Epsom with the new formula during flower, do you plan on running that?
No I still have the old formula. It’s gonna last me years and it’s working fine I have no intention on switching any time soon honestly. The only complaint people had was the clumping so they just took the epsom salt out, but honestly it doesn’t bother me so much. I just break up enough to last me a few months at a time and it’s not an issue.

importedtermite

No I still have the old formula. It’s gonna last me years and it’s working fine I have no intention on switching any time soon honestly. The only complaint people had was the clumping so they just took the epsom salt out, but honestly it doesn’t bother me so much. I just break up enough to last me a few months at a time and it’s not an issue.
That's awesome, I just ordered some of the new stuff along with the Ca nitrate and Epsom salt. I'm going to tinker with the formulas a little and probably lean more towards yours. Less of the new MB obviously with the higher PK. I plan on using it throughout and just adjusting the ratios based on the lifecycle.

Over the years of growing I've went from bottled nutes to Athena to Jack's and now onto this. Like you I'll have enough to last for years but I love the customization potential using a blend like this

Gooseman23

That's awesome, I just ordered some of the new stuff along with the Ca nitrate and Epsom salt. I'm going to tinker with the formulas a little and probably lean more towards yours. Less of the new MB obviously with the higher PK. I plan on using it throughout and just adjusting the ratios based on the lifecycle.

Over the years of growing I've went from bottled nutes to Athena to Jack's and now onto this. Like you I'll have enough to last for years but I love the customization potential using a blend like this
Yea it works for me just fine all the way through but definitely shines in flower when you want to reduce the nitrate N… but with Athena and jacks they both are good to go. Jacks has its own 0-12-26 now too and Athena just costs too much for me comparatively… I don’t like how they mark it up and then con you into only using their shit. Like they already charge too much for their bloom itself, but then they also put their micros in their cal nit so you have to buy their cal nit that’s high as hell instead of being able to buy any brand that’s cheap. I never ran Athena personally.

importedtermite

I wanted to give it a try because the vast majority of commercial grows in my area use it to varying success. As I've seen you say the base nutrients really don't matter they're all the same. But the price is just outrageous, especially compared to Masterblend. One of the big reasons the commercial guys use it is because they have amazing customer service which can be useful at scale.

I definitely agree that it's dumb to have the micros in the Ca nitrate, it's nice to be able to cut the N towards the end of flower without shorting everything else. I need to add some silica in my blend eventually, I thought some organics too but I really don't want to gunk up my reservoir, lines, and emitters.

importedtermite

Yea it works for me just fine all the way through but definitely shines in flower when you want to reduce the nitrate N… but with Athena and jacks they both are good to go. Jacks has its own 0-12-26 now too and Athena just costs too much for me comparatively… I don’t like how they mark it up and then con you into only using their shit. Like they already charge too much for their bloom itself, but then they also put their micros in their cal nit so you have to buy their cal nit that’s high as hell instead of being able to buy any brand that’s cheap. I never ran Athena personally.
I wanted to give it a try because the vast majority of commercial grows in my area use it to varying success. As I've seen you say the base nutrients really don't matter they're all the same. But the price is just outrageous, especially compared to Masterblend. One of the big reasons the commercial guys use it is because they have amazing customer service which can be useful at scale.

I definitely agree that it's dumb to have the micros in the Ca nitrate, it's nice to be able to cut the N towards the end of flower without shorting everything else. I need to add some silica in my blend eventually, I thought some organics too but I really don't want to gunk up my reservoir, lines, and emitters.

Orange's Greenhouse

One of the big reasons the commercial guys use it is because they have amazing customer service which can be useful at scale.
The other reason is that they get huge discounts. That makes it look as if every good grow uses them and hobbyists buy their stuff.

Professionals mix their own nutrients from pure chemicals. It's cheaper and you are not depending on the supplier changing their formula without notice.
If they have a problem with their plants they open their wallet and get a consultant. No reason to rely on customer support of what is mostly a marketing outfit.

Gooseman23

The other reason is that they get huge discounts. That makes it look as if every good grow uses them and hobbyists buy their stuff.

Professionals mix their own nutrients from pure chemicals. It's cheaper and you are not depending on the supplier changing their formula without notice.
If they have a problem with their plants they open their wallet and get a consultant. No reason to rely on customer support of what is mostly a marketing outfit.
Yea so this is what I was planning on doing making my own mix, but for my scale I realized it’s cheaper for me to buy jacks or master blend. It’s because raw ingredients are cheaper in bulk but not so cheap in small amounts. So yes gonna depend if you’re commercial it’s definitely going to be cheaper, but if you’re in a closet probably not unless you want to buy enough to last you 10+ years to make it make sense…

Gooseman23

Yes I wouldn’t add organics in drip lines… I mean I’ve seen people say you can if you use an enzyme like stresszyme+ or pondzyme etc… but I haven’t tried that myself and I’d just only add organics directly to medium and not through lines…

Old Uncle Ben

If you're in a country where you can buy DynaGro foods, I recommend them. Can't beat them for value, design, and a complete diet. My fave is Foliage-Pro. Makes a great foliar food too.

When a pro (not talking cannabis foods) who won't rip you off has done all the work for you, why mix your own? It's a lot more expensive for starts cause you are limited to buying in bulk for a very small amount of this and that. And then you have the issue of precipitation out of solution because the "oxide" you chose doesn't get along with the "sulfate", creates a bad kid and drops out.

If you're you're cutting out N during flowering then you're definately a noob who has fallen for the label thinking high P or K will produce more. It will not. It is a mineral, NOT a flowering stimulant.

Hormones control flowering responses, not some nerd holding a bottle of Acme Bloom Xplosion.

Last edited:

Gooseman23

If you're in a country where you can buy DynaGro foods, I recommend them. Can't beat them for value, design, and a complete diet. My fave is Foliage-Pro. Makes a great foliar food too.

When a pro (not talking cannabis foods) who won't rip you off has done all the work for you, why mix your own? It's a lot more expensive for starts cause you are limited to buying in bulk for a very small amount of this and that. And then you have the issue of precipitation out of solution because the "oxide" you chose doesn't get along with the "sulfate", creates a bad kid and drops out.

If you're you're cutting out N during flowering then you're definately a noob who has fallen for the label thinking high P or K will produce more. It will not. It is a mineral, NOT a flowering stimulant.

Hormones control flowering responses, not some nerd holding a bottle of Acme Bloom Xplosion.
y’all please don’t listen this guy when it comes to this. He doesn’t use any of these nutrients so I’d recommend getting advice on them from somebody who has actually used them. You mention when a pro has made it why do the work yourself? Helloooo master blend and jacks are both pros and aren’t cannabis specific companies… also you literally repeated what I said about the pricing having to buy in bulk… and I never said anything about boosting P or K in late flower. You literally made that up. I also didn’t say cut out nitrogen completely I said I lower it. I do this throughout flower and like to get it under 100 ppm by week 7. But just for the record I do NOT boost P or K at this time when I lower my N to under 100 PPM… so yes man please don’t come making stuff up confusing people. And for anybody who is actually listening. Take a clone of your favorite cut and give it full strength nitrogen all the way through on 1 and then do the other by lowering N… start week 4 or 5 and get it 100 ppm or less by week 7 and see the difference yourself. Don’t let somebody just tell you something they don’t know. Test it yourself. You’ll find the terps, the clean ash, etc… without the need to flush. This is actually the real reason people flush. It’s not to get rid of P or K or any micro nutrients… it’s to get the nitrate N down. Go look it up and try for yourself

Last edited:

Gooseman23

And for the record I’ve been growing for over 15 years… I highly doubt that makes me a newbie. And I’ve grown all kinds of ways all different nutrients and even without any nutrients at all. We had this discussion before where you claimed you have the cheapest best way to grow and then you show your plants full of leaves at the end of flower that looks like mids… and I told you I have the cheapest way to grow without any of that. It’s called compost, worm castings… then anything else you can make calcium for free, fish hydrolysate you can make yourself. So you always come talking about the cheapest way but then you got nothing to say when I speak on how you can do it for free… you have been fooled thinking your osmocote is the best thing ever invented