What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Tom Hill Haze

Maria Sanchez

I'm curious about the seeds price in this type of grow, where do you think they get their seeds from and for what price? I doubt they pay 5/10€ one seed when I see the high number of plants in the field. Is there some seedbanks selling on African market with prices adapted to each country? Even at 1€ by seed it makes a several hundred euros investment for the type of field shown here.
It's Swaziland, surrounded by South Africa, where it's legal.
There are growers out there making huge quantities of seed and selling at prices suitable for local growers like this guy.
Or maybe someone fronts him the seeds for a cut of the product.
These people aren't going on the 'net and buying $5 seeds from the Vault.
I really doubt they're buying bulk seeds from Europe, either.
There's plenty of dagga in this area, and plenty of seeds, too.

kro-magnon

Veteran
It's Swaziland, surrounded by South Africa, where it's legal.
There are growers out there making huge quantities of seed and selling at prices suitable for local growers like this guy.
Or maybe someone fronts him the seeds for a cut of the product.
These people aren't going on the 'net and buying $5 seeds from the Vault.
I really doubt they're buying bulk seeds from Europe, either.
There's plenty of dagga in this area, and plenty of seeds, too.
That's what I think as well because even with a internet connection the price of the seeds on western market is too high for this type of grower in the Swazyland.

Maria Sanchez

That's what I think as well because even with a internet connection the price of the seeds on western market is too high for this type of grower in the Swazyland.
Don't know if you've watched the Strain Hunters series?
(Maybe talking about GHS here is a bit of a no no, hehe.)
Anyway, in the Swaziland episode, I think, they talk to one of the growers about how he gets his seeds.
I think it was from South Africa, or anyway, seems that some guy does the rounds and sold seeds by the match-box full.
Can't be very expensive, or this guy wouldn't be able to afford it.
The other interesting thing about that episode was seeing how all the local Swazi strains were becoming less and less common.
Most were growing some crosses between the old Swazi and some skunk or other classic hybrids.
And that was already quite a few years ago that episode was filmed.

Farmer John

Still alive.
Veteran
I was at Seedboutique when the deal was made for "Arjan's Ultra Haze" or whatever the fuck they named it. And the shirt they made for Babba, CC, Rezdog, me etc, in my avatar, had a text in the back that says "we dont flower anything sour" because Arjan and Franco honestly didnt believe that Sour Diesel will ever be big thing in the cannabis world and what they thought about landrace/oldskool genetics was pretty much the same thing, no use collecting or growing any of those. The same thing Franco said about Nevil's and Shantis etc work.

I could go on and rant about them for weeks but lets just let it be. Franco was a nice guy, rip, but brainwashed by his KING.

Last edited:

Salva

I was at Seedboutique when the deal was made for "Arjan's Ultra Haze" or whatever the fuck they named it. And the shirt they made for Babba, CC, Rezdog, me etc, in my avatar, had a text in the back that says "we dont flower anything sour" because Arjan and Franco honestly didnt believe that Sour Diesel will ever be big thing in the cannabis world and what they thought about landrace/oldskool genetics was pretty much the same thing, no use collecting or growing any of those. The same thing Franco said about Nevil's and Shantis etc work.

I could go on and rant about them for weeks but kets just let it be. Franco was a nice guy, rip, but brainwashed by his KING.
Pues ahora que lo nombras tengo muy buenos recuerdos de la Arjan's Ultra Haze 2 de hace casi 20 años.

Onboard

Pues ahora que lo nombras tengo muy buenos recuerdos de la Arjan's Ultra Haze 2 de hace casi 20 años.
Me too, but with AUH #1, which was extremely memorable, in 2006. It was like a tropical/fruity NH, clean without paranoia, but very strong and long lasting.

EDIT: I also grew a pack of #2 or #3, a couple of years later. Worst weed ever, total hay (and the last pack I ever bought from them).

Last edited:

Salva

Me too, but with AUH #1, which was extremely memorable, in 2006. It was like a tropical/fruity NH, clean without paranoia, but very strong and long lasting.

EDIT: I also grew a pack of #2 or #3, a couple of years later. Worst weed ever, total hay (and the last pack I ever bought from them).
Siii 2006 2007 por ahí era muy sativa 2 horas con los ojos rojos creo recordar... La Hawaiana Snow también me gustó mucho.

Farmer John

Still alive.
Veteran
Most probably whatever weed they sold as AUH had nothing to do with the seeds they had to work with. The "hay" thing happened to everyone so I think they just sold the seeds they bought as is and knew that it was impossible to weed out any proper breeders in one year or less.

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
Back around 2007 or so a buddy of mine ordered a pack of great white shark. We always assumed what he recieved was a variety pack. The most memorable plant was a whispy string of pearls type plant with a crazy electric high. I've always wondered what strain it actually was. Just not enough to buy anything from greenhouse.

Old Uncle Ben

Ledo’s “Haze” has no real name; it’s kind of an inside joke of mine…

It’s got a good sativa up high, head on a string kinda outer body vibe, no sedation, easy clean come down, extremely smooth smoke, great all @ plant. That particular plant finished in middle Nov upstate NY so wasn’t incredibly potent, the sun falls off a cliff up here late Sept.

It’s Old MNS Hazes x Cambodian / Laos - The MNS hazes I selected on a few times towards NLD, grown them inside it can be trippy and I’m sure when grown in proper outdoor sun & finishing time it would be scary strong, but it’s a great all @ all day smoke as it is

Some SE Asian X’s I’ve made are not every day all day toke, their trippy and they noid you out and are accumulative in nature so require balance

I’ve grown a lot of the “official Hazes” derived from SamS originals and personally I haven’t been blown away vs other NLD’s I’ve experienced, many of the hazes often have a sedation & hard comedown to them and often end with very tiny immature seeds in them I’ve noticed too… These days there’s so many amazing NLD’s being shared @ in many circles, friends paying it forwards there’s so many options it makes my head spin. Don’t get me wrong I’ve had some great hazes but really IMO they shine to X out to other sativas, improving their hardiness, speed & timing and seem to be a great catalyst in whatever they touch; this is not too surprising I guess when if you read far enough back that’s kinda what everyone claimed haze was for to begin with….

The indoor plants I posted after the outdoor one is 75% Colombian & 25% African and IMO blows any haze out the water I’ve tried, and I’ve tried many dating back decades, I wish / we all do to have what once was Haze….. but nostalgia is a tricky bitch too, I believe we’ve got everything we need right now at our disposal to make the best there’s ever been…. And not many whom know me call me a glowing optimist; that’s FFC - hahaha

Don’t fret Knop, Ledo Haze is just a joke buddy
Very nice, thanks for the info.

You have a challenge outdoors that far north. I bet each day length now is 2 or minutes less than the previous day right now. Wow, was close. You're falling quick. Scroll down the page here. https://www.wunderground.com/forecast/us/ny/new-york-city

"Haze" has become a generic term for what's supposed to be good sativa. It's kind of like the old office term Xerox, "Mary, please make me 20 xerox's for today's meeting"....even though she'll be using a Canon copier.

Doubt if I would ever buy a "haze". For starts I still have 3 OLD beans of TFD's O. Haze. I would trust Ace for quality sativas based on anecdotal evidence and having corresponded with Dubi in the old days. Bangi "Haze" (there's that generic term) as it's one of those as are his African and S. American selections and hybrids. I'm growing Golden Tiger X Panama Limited Edition now, and man are they slow outdoors. About to bring out the LED's.

Have ordered from Kwik aka Real Seeds and been real happy with the service and outcome. They have what sounds like real ass kicking sativas from Lao, Burmese, and many others. Burmese originates from 21* so it should respond to different photoperiods. https://therealseedcompany.com/product/burmese-landrace-cannabis-seeds/

Good luck!

Last edited:

I could go on and rant about them for weeks but lets just let it be. Franco was a nice guy, rip, but brainwashed by his KING.
I can confirm about Franco be very nice guy I have meet him at green house coffeshop circa 2006-2008 not sure exactly when was it .

They thought wrong as many do imagine what have been lost till now I want to cry :cry:
There are plants that been around for years and suddenly they get a hype all again, like a good Haze now days.
A good Haze will always be a good smoke doesn't matter where it comes from will send you there again in seconds .

Farmer John

Still alive.
Veteran
4974backhome.jpg

Latest posts

Latest posts