What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Tom Hill Haze

Sub24ox7

IMG_5695.jpeg

Old Uncle Ben

acespicoli

THINKING MIRACLE GROW,..FOR HAZE?
AD_4nXcops0HfyNLTj2a0R3KQrCoNOhyWhUJyMZ88R_gVeR1XEnYY_1NQ0ZEvYJg7o9AL5L-1Hu7y2cjSCyc9hnqioUgatpI9kip41Vkhz1bcUoBDm_80YHZ3Fhr-asRkjeMAZ5TprURSkcf_BFO__QVYuv2Ptc

Soil
Besides a good seed, any primo plant needs a fertile, living, organic soil to be really healthy.
For a cubic yard of soil (enough to fill approximately 10-20 3ft deep by 3ft wide holes for plants)

use
40% compost (or worm castings or horse shit),
30% aged or composted redwood sawdust and
30% sandy loam.

Add
5 lb. greensand,
5 lb. rock phosphate,
5 lb. dolomite,
3 lb. hoof and horn meal (or 3 lb. fish meal), and
2 lb. kelp with no salt.

Also; enough trace elements,
with iron sulfur, for a yard of soil.
Agricultural frit is a good source but don’t overdo it!

Mix well, and allow to “set” at least a few weeks.
Then test for PH. With Dolomite, adjust the pH to between 7 and 8 – slightly alkaline).
You might want to use sterilized potting soil for starting your seeds,
if you’re short of good seeds and fear damping off.

BEST >>> :huggg:

Last edited:

led05

Chasing The Present
So how is the high?
Ledo’s “Haze” has no real name; it’s kind of an inside joke of mine…

It’s got a good sativa up high, head on a string kinda outer body vibe, no sedation, easy clean come down, extremely smooth smoke, great all @ plant. That particular plant finished in middle Nov upstate NY so wasn’t incredibly potent, the sun falls off a cliff up here late Sept.

It’s Old MNS Hazes x Cambodian / Laos - The MNS hazes I selected on a few times towards NLD, grown them inside it can be trippy and I’m sure when grown in proper outdoor sun & finishing time it would be scary strong, but it’s a great all @ all day smoke as it is

Some SE Asian X’s I’ve made are not every day all day toke, their trippy and they noid you out and are accumulative in nature so require balance

I’ve grown a lot of the “official Hazes” derived from SamS originals and personally I haven’t been blown away vs other NLD’s I’ve experienced, many of the hazes often have a sedation & hard comedown to them and often end with very tiny immature seeds in them I’ve noticed too… These days there’s so many amazing NLD’s being shared @ in many circles, friends paying it forwards there’s so many options it makes my head spin. Don’t get me wrong I’ve had some great hazes but really IMO they shine to X out to other sativas, improving their hardiness, speed & timing and seem to be a great catalyst in whatever they touch; this is not too surprising I guess when if you read far enough back that’s kinda what everyone claimed haze was for to begin with….

The indoor plants I posted after the outdoor one is 75% Colombian & 25% African and IMO blows any haze out the water I’ve tried, and I’ve tried many dating back decades, I wish / we all do to have what once was Haze….. but nostalgia is a tricky bitch too, I believe we’ve got everything we need right now at our disposal to make the best there’s ever been…. And not many whom know me call me a glowing optimist; that’s FFC - hahaha
which haze is this? 😮

Don’t fret Knop, Ledo Haze is just a joke buddy

Last edited:

flower~power

~Star~Crash~
ICMag Donor
Veteran
AD_4nXdIJfb59W2pRVyQADKrsm6K6RMK5DJzmizXyY-ubGw9wnunzMdfkUIFlmBfphr6OqH1wstdX4zitrUOdjpC3T2R5JPbsdjz-UfhQYxnawze-dq8AWHhUNjsx_XO_bjVfcdqJnGBTI1jsRgbj_Ma5Pq8C--f

AD_4nXeAWq4eV4GlsaVe_l4AbvW_qvD27c7W4s3b8TpDHNdq3IbRFjeddRHg0D5OqhmTm58wBMHzk9BcEaadWASJcdAKqMG7sa1ptCM15dXH-iXfLA64Qdycz4Lwj7txPwNwXzBK1WSd05Nxwjp5xlAoxJCepwpi

What an exciting time for a grower it must’ve been…I scored my 1st sinsemilla in May 1981 …cost me a whopping $200 for an ounce grown in Berkeley California and sent all the way to Connecticut. That was an unheard of price back then … for me at least …They were large lime green buds with dark red hair.

kro-magnon

Veteran
What an exciting time for a grower it must’ve been…I scored my 1st sinsemilla in May 1981 …cost me a whopping $200 for an ounce grown in Berkeley California and sent all the way to Connecticut. That was an unheard of price back then … for me at least …They were large lime green buds with dark red hair.
Interesting to have the story told by someone who saw the transition between import/local seeded buds to strictly sinsemila buds , how long did it take between this first Oz and the time it took the whole market?
In my country I started smoking around 90 (I'm younger than you) and the market was 70/80% hashish mainly Moroccan but also Libanese and Afghan and 20/30% imported weed from all over the world(very little locally grown buds), I had some Colombian, Panamean, Thai and African, the quality was very variable ranging from very low to very strong; it was pure luck to get decent cannabis back then but the hashish was better grade. I've smoked my first indoor bud in 92/93 and it was a revelation , I had no idea weed could be this good, I don't know exactly what I smoked this day, a type of Skunk I guess but all potent cannabis was branded Skunk back then. As soon as I've been able I've started growing cannabis because the prices for good flowers was already very high compared to hashish, that's totally insane but it's the way the market is still today.

kro-magnon

Veteran
Just for fun.
Purple haze in Swaziland?

I'm curious about the seeds price in this type of grow, where do you think they get their seeds from and for what price? I doubt they pay 5/10€ one seed when I see the high number of plants in the field. Is there some seedbanks selling on African market with prices adapted to each country? Even at 1€ by seed it makes a several hundred euros investment for the type of field shown here.

willydread

Dread & Alive
Veteran
I'm curious about the seeds price in this type of grow, where do you think they get their seeds from and for what price? I doubt they pay 5/10€ one seed when I see the high number of plants in the field. Is there some seedbanks selling on African market with prices adapted to each country? Even at 1€ by seed it makes a several hundred euros investment for the type of field shown here.
Bulkseeds, less of 1 €/seed....

kro-magnon

Veteran
Early 90s homegrown Durban was good, better than the Skunk what was offered and of course the Purple Haze. Still good Thai and Jamaican was still available with just a few seeds in it.
Coming from France the first time I've been in Holland I was like a kid in a candy store, wanted to try everything and quickly got too much:smoke out: and then function in a foreign country became a real adventure, specially the first times I was still a teenager so highly unadapted.