What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Tom Hill Haze

Tom Hill

Veteran
I can't see me doing business amongst these vermin. Is chimera still walking these halls like he hasn't stiffed me for 20 years? Is Sam still lying about haze never having Thai in it? Is gypsy still clueless supporting it all with some bullshit explanation? Nah man, fuck all that.

I Care

I have this strong desire to mix DC (regardless of you being tired of it) with bk again. the grower replaced due to impossible odor control bk/dc combination.

Two healthy bubba seeds from this year in the garden with cs on the side, one compact with smaller webbed leaves and one with height and larger thinner leaves.

I did get a nostalgic puff of some haze Recently. Hadnt had good haze since gdp, saw it again as ssh on a short stop in holland and it was not the fruit level I thought I’d get.

Haze melting clock effect is very desirable. Have any favorite traits or flavors you see in your recent focus in the haze? Special moms or anything your keeping close?

Mimpi Manis

I had some SE Asian in 72 in Singapore and some Thai Stick back here in Oz 1975... and I ain't smoked anything that astonishingly good since. (Some Aceh in Penang in 79 perhaps?). Closest I've come is with Wally's gear. If I thought I'd be around for a few more years I'd definitely be giving some of Tom's gear a run. But in these parts the law is draconian, so large runs are out of the question. It would have to be something already worked a little to get those 5%ers a good bit more narrowed down. Current status re my precarious future is also quite an impediment. The prospect of something as amazing as aforementioned would be great before I exit this mortal coil. But seems a long shot right atm.

If only we knew then what we know now huh? Those SE Asian farmers sure the hell knew what they were doing. (Along with a few others). We stand on the shoulder of giants... most of them unknown and unheralded. There but for the Grace of God go us all. Welcome back Tom... you grumpy old bugger!

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
And haze is the best. Make no mistake.
So you or Maha going to enter it at the Haze cup @piffcon next year and show us it really is and not just to you 2 .

I'm not saying it's not great and must be as defo has alot of fans but BEST can be in eyes of the holder.

Where were you @piffcon Haze cup last June ? , did you even attend ?

If you don't enter next year @piffcon or at least turn up to sample the world's best Haze's, and talk Haze we defo not going to let that go , and will be many wise cracks to come until the next year to see if you enter that year.

What about the Haze Hash from your big outdoor Haze seed repro , we want to see and smoke that to

Last edited:

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
So yeah I thought wtf am I going insane? Turns out no. I am also growing Thai this year and one of 20 has the fucking same exact terpene profile as what I hunt in haze. I've not smelt that outside the haze I grow since Darrel davenports balcony El Segundo circa 1982.
That's been noted by anyone who has grown pure Thai from actual Thai sticks from Thailand, I notices it around 15 years ago , the C side of Haze was near identical to the Thai stick seeds I grew ( and not vintage Thai sticks , was around 2005).

We need to all meet up with the best Haze/Sativa's we have and sample each other best Haze's/Sativa's and then we can crown the best, even better a blind test, as to many people sheep and lap dogs in this game , way to many.

Last edited:

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
That's been noted by anyone who has grown pure Thai from actual Thai sticks from Thailand, I notices it around 15 years ago , the C side of Haze was near identical to the Thai stick seeds I grew ( and not vintage Thai sticks , was around 2005).

We need to all meet up with the best Haze/Sativa's we have and sample each other best Haze's/Sativa's and then we can crown the best, even better a blind test, as to many people sheep and lap dogs in this game , way to many.
Thai sticks in 2005?
They are not thai sticks, those stopped in the early 80s, after that the commercial stuff was grown elsewhere and not considered thai sticks any longer..
Some familiarity but not a spot on the old original stuff for those who are old enough to recall..

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thai sticks in 2005?
They are not thai sticks, those stopped in the early 80s, after that the commercial stuff was grown elsewhere and not considered thai sticks any longer..
Some familiarity but not a spot on the old original stuff for those who are old enough to recall..

What Tom said he is growing now( Thai) is not Thai from the 80's either

sneezydog

Plants look good, whens the seed drop?. I fell out the back of the truck las time. One day. Glad your back, been real quiet around here. Hope you enjoy your harvest. :)

Lindau

Thai sticks in 2005?
You know soooo much about Thai Sticks?
You know if in Isaan still have Thai Sticks?
Maybe you AS Professor of Thai Sticks you can detect Thai Sticks in my last seedshunting near Nakhon Phanom,Phon Sawan?