Diesel f13 Haze @MAHA KALA
full

THH from @MadMac repro
full

JustGrowing420

looks like you got a good pheno...
if she stay green @ end...
did u buy or did i'll sent?
i'll ask because only those i'll shared private are selected and the chance is much higher to get a good one..
from leaf style she looks like my keeper...
if she get dreads lately ... than it's 100% like my keeper :)
thx for sharing!
M.:smoker:
It is bought but I will keep hoping anyway hahaha
Will keep an eye out for dreads
Thanks for making!

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
according to sam ,,haze dont hermi,,,,,,,,out of macs ,toms and todds only todds had phenos that hermied for me

Sativa dom genetics have a lot of intersex traits from what I'm reading. I thought I'd ask for real world results. Todds haze was selected by Rob Clark. Todd says his OH was gifted by @Sam_Skunkman in 2012. If true it's Sams's work. It is very common for Sativa genetics to herm. Thai is a good example most herm.

I've not grown Todds OH. I have tried 2 others that did herm.

acespicoli

Not popular i kno, but by culling rouge hermi do I diminish the gene pool ?
For sensi worked lines of course not desirable, the slice of the pie just keeps getting smaller and smaller?
Is there any merit in keeping a OP line and a worked line ?

Just my latest interest ...
Cannabis sativa L. (hemp, marijuana) produces male and female inflorescences on different plants (dioecious) and therefore the plants are obligatory out-crossers

Flowering plants display an extraordinary diversity in colour and shape. Unlike other terrestrial plants, most flowering plants are hermaphrodites: male and female reproductive organs are situated in the same flower. Yet many flowering plants have a self-recognition and rejection system which makes them self-incompatible, and are thus obligate outcrossers. Such obligate outcrossing species have been successful throughout the evolutionary history of flowering plants. Yet the transition from obligate outcrossing to selfing has been a frequent evolutionary shift. This shift may be favoured if the receipt of cross pollen is uncertain, but is opposed by the negative effects of inbreeding depression that often affect selfed offspring. Interestingly, the consequences of inbreeding appear to be more detrimental to selfed offspring if they are competing with conspecific, outcrossed plants over limited resources. As a consequence, the evolution of self-fertility is more probable at species' ecological range margins. In such a context, selfing plants escape competition and enjoy the advantage of being capable of reproducing on their own. Thus, the tug-of-war between obligately outcrossing self-incompatible and selfing plants has probably been going on since the first self-incompatible plants evolved. The context-dependence of this evolutionary conflict will enable this tug-of-war to continue as long as there are hermaphroditic flowering plants.

1683256561684.png

if hes back maybe he can touch on this, some of the best lines you ever smoked were thai hermi...why ?
go down the list, check for nanners often on these...
chem
og
sour
glue
etc...

we all know no one wants to smoke seeds, thats not the issue here keep a stable female clone
the issue is one day you end up with non viable sterile IBL seed due to much culling
just a opinion 🤷‍♂️ maybe its good to keep good breeding stock? For outcrossing ?

Last edited:

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Not popular i kno, but by culling rouge hermi do I diminish the gene pool ?
For sensi worked lines of course not desirable, the slice of the pie just keeps getting smaller and smaller?
Is there any merit in keeping a OP line and a worked line ?

Just my latest interest ...
Cannabis sativa L. (hemp, marijuana) produces male and female inflorescences on different plants (dioecious) and therefore the plants are obligatory out-crossers

Flowering plants display an extraordinary diversity in colour and shape. Unlike other terrestrial plants, most flowering plants are hermaphrodites: male and female reproductive organs are situated in the same flower. Yet many flowering plants have a self-recognition and rejection system which makes them self-incompatible, and are thus obligate outcrossers. Such obligate outcrossing species have been successful throughout the evolutionary history of flowering plants. Yet the transition from obligate outcrossing to selfing has been a frequent evolutionary shift. This shift may be favoured if the receipt of cross pollen is uncertain, but is opposed by the negative effects of inbreeding depression that often affect selfed offspring. Interestingly, the consequences of inbreeding appear to be more detrimental to selfed offspring if they are competing with conspecific, outcrossed plants over limited resources. As a consequence, the evolution of self-fertility is more probable at species' ecological range margins. In such a context, selfing plants escape competition and enjoy the advantage of being capable of reproducing on their own. Thus, the tug-of-war between obligately outcrossing self-incompatible and selfing plants has probably been going on since the first self-incompatible plants evolved. The context-dependence of this evolutionary conflict will enable this tug-of-war to continue as long as there are hermaphroditic flowering plants.

View attachment 18838179
if hes back maybe he can touch on this, some of the best lines you ever smoked were thai hermi...why ?
go down the list, check for nanners often on these...
chem
og
sour
glue
etc...

we all know no one wants to smoke seeds, thats not the issue here keep a stable female clone
the issue is one day you end up with non viable sterile IBL seed due to much culling
just a opinion 🤷‍♂️ maybe its good to keep good breeding stock? For outcrossing ?

I've been reading about that. In 1970 most of what we grew we found intersex plants everywhere. It's been something that interests me are we doing something bad by completely eliminating this common trait?. I want to find those specific chemotypes that are no longer seen. Could this be a factor in that? Instead, keep looking in a line until we find a plant that doesn't herm. Not trying to breed it out?.

acespicoli

I've been reading about that. In 1970 most of what we grew we found intersex plants everywhere. It's been something that interests me are we doing something bad by completely eliminating this common trait?. I want to find those specific chemotypes that are no longer seen. Could this be a factor in that? Instead, keep looking in a line until we find a plant that doesn't herm. Not trying to breed it out?.
I always wondered why they had a great line that got "tired" and began outcrossing males every year :thinking:
Sam said they he tried to save it all in the haze... etc

There's sure to be plenty of :poop: over this one post :ROFLMAO: better we just leave it alone...?
Its just a theory until its put in to practice 🤷‍♂️
Out of a 100 plants what do you care if only .7 percent rock
and a few herm as long as the rip your head off is in there?

acespicoli

Open field growing in landrace populations or crop/wild complex
Did the hermies have a small effect in the population gene flow?

I have data somewhere on this the gene size count of a male a female and a reversed female
In MB data counts some of the gene markers are carried in excess of the female for resistance etc
Which ones do thc thcv the various terpenes, may account for why a sativa of 10%thc has a stronger effect than a 30%thc plant?

Cannabis is the plant of 1000 molecules

Ok lets assume Published online 2020 Feb 27
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7173683/
Conclusions: Cannabinoid inheritance is more complex than previously appreciated; among other genetic effects, cytogenetic and maternal contributions may be undervalued influences on cannabinoid ratios and concentrations.

Further research on the environmental sensitivity of cannabinoid production is advised.
Keywords: composite genetic effects, genetic architecture, hemp, joint-scaling test, line cross analysis, marijuana

Its true in production we want one thing seedless smokeables, that would be the dominant gene
For the recessive genes may be lost and at the cost of ?

Why did -N always keep a backup?

:huggg: Best >>>

:sleep:

Last edited:

Chi13

ICMag Donor
Not at all but imagine how much stronger that flower would of been to smoke if it had not seeded and been allowed to continue to produce the goods instead of focusing its energy on seed.
I totally agree, but if a modern breeder or grower encountered this these days it would be culled long before anyone ever sampled the high. It wasn't so much the strenght of the high, but its effect that I liked. Not encountered anything since, and this was in the 80s. If this entire variety/phenotype or whatever was hermaphrodite, where would a breeder start?