What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Tom Hill Haze

Raco

secretion engineer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::alien:
1645739485339.jpg

Raco

secretion engineer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Raco & Flower power

What flavors aromas com from those Gold /brown phenos ?

Toms , Word was brown lumbo types are ( boring )unwanted in this line

1luvbigherb
Hola bh

I'm not good at that.
I'd say fresh cut hay ÷ dried parsley ...with several undertones lol

Taste is earthy ,soapy,a bit spicy,piney,hashy...not the Thai citrus

Maybe an old mexican... Guerrero? Oaxaca?

I haven't seen brown weed in years!!

@flower-power

16158966-b81aa21228b7194bca76eb677b7c6d7c.jpg

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
nobody tells you to grow toms haze if you dont like it LOL

5% - 10 % are special, and it is not normal only for this line, but also for other lines like various thais or malawi gold, you need dozens of females to find that special one and those who say it is scam, they dont know that special one... you dont have it hahahahahaha

full

black haze is joke, compared to toms haze LOL black haze has sedation, not toms haze. ace panama has sedation, not toms haze LOL nevilles haze has sedation, not toms haze LOL colombian gold has sedation, not toms haze LOL

numerous people stated, maybe not in this thread, that toms haze line is thai dom... experienced breeders, but pseudoexperts know the best LOL

I have to say that I like black vietnamese or malawi gold very much, it is trippy, yet it is two steps under that special pheno, in complexity, hard to explain to someone who has never experienced that.

dont listen to wannabees and Toms haters from grow more club...

look, many people grew my toms haze hybrids, I crossed it with sativa/indica hybrids, and some of them had crashing or devastating offset, toms haze male took it out. nobody ever reported sedation at my haze hybrids.

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
thanks for removing my dumbass last post..you beat me to it

ohz[male from Johnny c ]x cbh s1 View attachment 18832738 View attachment 18832739

"Folk can remember it anyway they like but for me Colombian was a bit like a fine cerebral ghani with a bzzzzz auditory in the background. Thai absolutely blew it out of the water. It just cut way deeper into your soul."

Tom Hill

willydread

Dread & Alive
Veteran
When I grew THH from MadMac (in the worst way,in the worst place, @ 45 north and bla bla bla) I got good plants, taste like spice and black pepper, no incense or wood, no sedation (I mean that sedation / stupefaction that many purple sativas give, I don't know if that's what spoken here), I have no idea if the plants were in the 5% or less, I don't care, it was very good weed, and it was undoubtedly Thai-dominant...

harvestreaper

Veteran
When I grew THH from MadMac (in the worst way,in the worst place, @ 45 north and bla bla bla) I got good plants, taste like spice and black pepper, no incense or wood, no sedation (I mean that sedation / stupefaction that many purple sativas give, I don't know if that's what spoken here), I have no idea if the plants were in the 5% or less, I don't care, it was very good weed, and it was undoubtedly Thai-dominant...
pretty much same for me from mm repro
20230420_134340_resized.jpg

Last edited:

bigherb

Veteran
"Folk can remember it anyway they like but for me Colombian was a bit like a fine cerebral ghani with a bzzzzz auditory in the background. Thai absolutely blew it out of the water. It just cut way deeper into your soul."

Tom Hill
Brother

I know you’re referencing me , be a man say names

Mr Talk it like I walk

I believe Tom Didn’t grow until 1987

And admitts he didn’t smoke in the 70’s he was too young . Soo let’s Call it how it is . He smoked in the 80’s What the F does he know about oldschool Lumbo

•••

1547.jpg

Tom Hill

Regarding the 70's. I did not smoke i was too young. I caught the last of the real thai coming off the boats in the early mid '80's. The remainder of my experience comes from actually growing all these varieties in nor/cal for the last 35 years. This if truth be told is the seed bank of the world and grown men dare not fathom otherwise.

Maha your quite knowledgeable or should I say experienced with Sativas

What are the dates and origins of your lines any from the 60’s early 70’s ?

Shall we dare compare a 80’s Thai to a 60’s early 70’s ? Same reference for Colombian

Not sure your Hate for Colombians

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer

Tom Hill
Toms description of a Colombian is on the mark.

You clearly have not smoked a good Thai or a good Colombian because if you had you to would know the differences BigHerb its like compering Apples to Oranges both are good but both are very different.

The imported Thais were good up up until say 84/85 here and the last imports i saw was complete rubbish yet a year later a close friend that went to Thailand almost monthly for work brought back seed that was as good as the best Thai imports we saw. Or the Thais we were still growing from much older stock here.

You can still find very good Thai here as you can Colombians so why would you not expect some in Cali to not have them also.

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
Brother

I know you’re referencing me , be a man say names

Mr Talk it like I walk

I believe Tom Didn’t grow until 1987

And admitts he didn’t smoke in the 70’s he was too young . Soo let’s Call it how it is . He smoked in the 80’s What the F does he know about oldschool Lumbo

•••

View attachment 18833458

Tom Hill

Regarding the 70's. I did not smoke i was too young. I caught the last of the real thai coming off the boats in the early mid '80's. The remainder of my experience comes from actually growing all these varieties in nor/cal for the last 35 years. This if truth be told is the seed bank of the world and grown men dare not fathom otherwise.

Maha your quite knowledgeable or should I say experienced with Sativas

What are the dates and origins of your lines any from the 60’s early 70’s ?

Shall we dare compare a 80’s Thai to a 60’s early 70’s ? Same reference for Colombian

Not sure your Hate for Colombians

I dont refer to you, you overrate yourself, I just quoted Tom :D I agree with this opinion of him... it was good to me, until I tried good thai pheno of toms haze.

colombian lovers are just butt hurt :D hahahaha. if you have different opinion, you can... not sure why colombian haze lovers have to fight it on boards, if its true that colombian is so great, you dont have to hijack tom hill haze thread hahaha, in the end it seems that you just dont like the truth... it is funny how you try to manipulate it, so colombian looks good, plants speak for itself.. and not on pics...

colombain of 70s is very well preserved in original haze, ask skunkman if he thinks original haze bottlenecked colombian genetics somehow... hahahahahaha

and in Toms haze, there is thai from 70s... not from 1987...

Last edited:

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
"The one thing I observed very early on working with the line is this: my favorite plants in the end will most times also have resinous stalks in juvenile stages. So I modified all selection method and open pollination around that single parameter very early on. I always plant 2x or 3x more plants than I can finish, then i cull them down to the most resinous stalks for growing out. This single move really helps to improve that 5% high quality rule."

Tom Hill

very good breeding imo.

ICGA

Follow? The plant is shit, but it has this one gene just waiting to combine with this other gene on her, and she is also phenotypic shit, for the stars to explode. This is something few understand but it is the reality of population genetics.

would be intersted to see what an open polination of100 keepers produced weather the dominant 5% expressions in that breeding would up the average at all

You can tinkle with the mean value curve a bit but no dude, you're not gunna fix haze don't kid yourself.
Basically what he's saying is the bammer pheno has genes in it that will contribute to keepers in future re-polenations. Because haze is a relatively specific combo of genes from those 4 land races it would require an ubsurd amount of backcrossing and recrossing to create a recombinant that produced keepers all the time and you would have no idea which traits to fix during the Bx to then recombine and try to fix the traits into a stable outcome. Therefore you have to run larger numbers to have a chance of finding a pheno that would actually be "haze". (As in having the potency and effect etc.)

ICGA

Follow? The plant is shit, but it has this one gene just waiting to combine with this other gene on her, and she is also phenotypic shit, for the stars to explode. This is something few understand but it is the reality of population genetics.

would be intersted to see what an open polination of100 keepers produced weather the dominant 5% expressions in that breeding would up the average at all

You can tinkle with the mean value curve a bit but no dude, you're not gunna fix haze don't kid yourself.

You're looking at it as if you're trying to learn one Kung Fu move to beat all your foes in any circumstance. You're saying that the hand is faster than the foot, I'm saying it depends on where the guys head is. There are all sorts of ways to select, ignoring the advantages that can be gained from any of them, rules out the possibility of using them. This weakens rather than strengthens your Kung Fu.
Basically what I'm saying is epigenetics works a specific way and selecting plants that perform in a specific set of circumstances effects the outcome of selection twords the ability to perform in sed environment.