What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

today is gonna suck...

armedoldhippy

Veteran
in one hour, i have to go pick up my best friend of the last 52 years, and take him to the courthouse to surrender & begin serving 10 years, day for day, with no possibility of probation or parole as outlined in his plea agreement. the silver lining, if you want to call it that, is that he will be in a facility where he will get the medical treatment he needs, and away from the worst dangers of our lovely penal institutions here in Tennessee. :shucks:

armedoldhippy

Veteran
we've had people here locally deliberately murder someone, or kill them in a fight, and not get ten years. he hit a woman crossing the road and it damn near dark, with no street lights or crosswalk. but because he panicked and fled the scene, it made a bad situation look a lot worse than it needed to be. local DA has a real hard-on for ANYTHING that happens after you have two beers...and this is an election year. JMHO

shithawk420

Veteran
we've had people here locally deliberately murder someone, or kill them in a fight, and not get ten years. he hit a woman crossing the road and it damn near dark, with no street lights or crosswalk. but because he panicked and fled the scene, it made a bad situation look a lot worse than it needed to be. local DA has a real hard-on for ANYTHING that happens after you have two beers...and this is an election year. JMHO
man thats rough but he did make a fatal mistake.i dont feel any sympathy.sorry sir

big315smooth

mama tried
Veteran
damn that sucks hippy hopefully its an easy go for him. had a friend locked up before snuck about 7 grams of bud to him. it was doubled wrapped in a punching balloon in the visiting room he had a pinch of petroleum jelly in his belly button used to lube it and went prison tactics with the cargo now you see now you dont. barter system is king in there it help put money on his books traded commissary snacks and for cigarettes it helped hm out allot.

dogzter

Drapetomaniac
I did 11 years the judge gave him the time it is his choice how he does it.
Throw some money on his books regularly if he doesn't have any and you actually care about him.
Guy here did the same exact thing the woman died and all he got was probation.
He did almost get beat to death twice as well which was more fitting imo.

bigsur51

On a mailtrain.
Premium user
Veteran
420club
as others have already said, put some money on his books barter and trading is what happens in the joint

Here is my buddy getting out after doing almost 20

I stuck with him those 20 years and visited almost every week and made sure he always had money on his books which really helped him do his time

He had another 14 years to go, but our appeal worked its way all the way up to the Kansas Supreme Court, who ruled in our favor by saying he was illegally sentenced and they had to cut him loose ASAP

a max security schitt-hole prison know as Gladiator School in Kansas system

IMG_4043.jpeg

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
Premium user
420club
as others have already said, put some money on his books barter and trading is what happens in the joint

Here is my buddy getting out after doing almost 20

I stuck with him those 20 years and visited almost every week and made sure he always had money on his books which really helped him do his time

He had another 14 years to go, but our appeal worked its way all the way up to the Kansas Supreme Court, who ruled in our favor by saying he was illegally sentenced and they had to cut him loose ASAP

a max security schitt-hole prison know as Gladiator School in Kansas system

View attachment 19061223
you are a good friend

shithawk420

Veteran
wasn't looking for any. hang on to it, you'll need it someday... it could be any of us on a bad day, pedestrian stepping out into traffic.
i agree and i know people it happened to. but he is low class leaving a person for dead and running away.maybe if he wasnt a selfish asshole he could of saved her life.my dad just got out of prison last month for his 4th DUI.hes an asshole too

bigsur51

On a mailtrain.
Premium user
Veteran
420club
i agree and i know people it happened to. but he is low class leaving a person for dead and running away.maybe if he wasnt a selfish asshole he could of saved her life.my dad just got out of prison last month for his 4th DUI.hes an asshole too

I lost a little brother and older sister to drunk drivers

I get angry about people who drink and drive to the point I would smash a drunk in the mouth before I would let them get in a vehicle and drive

superx

Veteran
Shyte, I've just left a good party to post here.

Surely the elephant in the room?

Did the person die on a side note? (Not that it matters apperantly) did they jump up and run off?

Your friend drinks some beer gets into his car ( oblivious to reality)
Drives down the road (Street lighting was out of order) wouldn't mind reading the charge sheet on that one.(was the lights on his car working?)
Runs over a human, realizing what he has done, he gets out of his car and runs, im guessing he leaves the person there to die?

What sort of person does this? (Surely if you did do something as brutal as this, you would expect to be lashed out of it regarding sentencing?) He might have a toaster in his cell, maybe a tv, lots of rec time, how many phone calls a week? How many visits?

Do you want to me to pray for him?

If this was a family member of mine, I would hope to have the courage to drag him into the hills and Bury him at the highest point (preferably upside down)

And yes I have history of this..

CharlesU Farley

wasn't looking for any. hang on to it, you'll need it someday... it could be any of us on a bad day, pedestrian stepping out into traffic.
Fucked up shit can happen to _anybody_. As the saying goes here in the SouthEast... there by the grace of God, go I.

People fuck up all the time but if your friend was a _millionaire_, he _ain't_ doing no fucking time, whatsoever. :mad: