What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

This and that

Timj

Vacuum storage is where its at. Oxygen causes degradation, but the boveda needs some headspace. I just stuff the jars full to squeeze out most of the oxygen. I bet it stores better. I like using glass instead of plastic to vacuum store.

I refined much of my harvest to kief with dry ice hash technique and put it small 1/4 pint jars in the fridge. Should store pretty long that way.
I just purchased this new toy. I'm optimistic it will keep the Terpenes from degrading a bit longer than without a vacuum sealed jar. Time will tell. I agree pipeline, dry ice or bubble hash would be the way to go for long term storage.
One day I'll built a dry ice hash extraction system like the one BNW uses.

Last edited:

Timj

One of these will be my next indoor plant for my small 2x2 tent. Nirvana seeds-"Tangie".
20240710_211309.jpg

Dequilo

Plant Abuser
ICMag Donor
Veteran
420club
Your plants are looking great :) thank you for a look at your work

here is to a dry fall here in New York

all the best and grow well

Dequilo

Timj

Your plants are looking great :) thank you for a look at your work

here is to a dry fall here in New York

all the best and grow well

Dequilo
Thank you for the kind words. I hope you have a dry fall Dequilo. I live between a stream and a brook and have 2 ponds on our property so it's rarely dry here. I use a leaf blower to dry the morning dew off my plants when necessary. I've been watering almost daily with the lack of rain lately. Keep your beautiful trees hydrated and healthy my friend. And thanks for stopping by my thread.

blondie

You aren’t kidding about dry. My fruit is smaller despite attempts to water. I just pulled first tomato Saturday. A mystery plant that just appeared in the garden. Looked like early girl or similar. Sounds like a nice property.

Timj

You aren’t kidding about dry. My fruit is smaller despite attempts to water. I just pulled first tomato Saturday. A mystery plant that just appeared in the garden. Looked like early girl or similar. Sounds like a nice property.
Thank Blondie. The ones I picked so far are on the smaller size too. I did have very good fruit set on them. The other heirlooms like Brandywine and German striped have larger fruits. I water and or weed from around 11am-8pm almost daily. I could reduce my garden bed sizes. But, it's what I enjoy. I hand water everything with a 1.75 gallon watering can. Happy gardening my friend and stay cool.

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Looking great, love the heirloom brandywine tomatoes. I'm growing lots of roma and san marzano. They last much longer and are tougher against decay. I like them straight on a pizza or in chili now.

Picked some green tomatoes, still waiting. Was a little delayed and the garden only gets a little care every weekend or 2.

Do you like fried green tomatoes? I sautee them at low temperature and they are amazing.

Timj

Looking great, love the heirloom brandywine tomatoes. I'm growing lots of roma and san marzano. They last much longer and are tougher against decay. I like them straight on a pizza or in chili now.

Picked some green tomatoes, still waiting. Was a little delayed and the garden only gets a little care every weekend or 2.

Do you like fried green tomatoes? I sautee them at low temperature and they are amazing.
Thank you pipeline. I've grown both in the past. But, this year neither are in my garden. I like most heirloom tomatoes. I hybrids don't have the flavor I like. I grew both Oxheart and Hogheart tomatoes last year. They are both huge sauce tomatoes.

I've never tried fried green tomatoes. I'll have to try them this year. I do have plenty of green tomatoes right now.

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Going to be addicted, they are great. Easy greens. The roma types make better fried green tomatoes. There is some difference between romas and regular slicing tomatoes in green stage.

Last edited:

Timj

Going to be addicted, they are great. Easy greens. The roma types make better friend green tomatoes. There is some difference between romas and regular slicing tomatoes in green stage.
I'll need to work with what I have. I think the cocktail tomatoes might be best to try frying green.

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Looks like a great flower. Do you like indoor or outdoor better?

What is OHN? How much N did you apply foliarly? How long does it last?

Timj

Looks like a great flower. Do you like indoor or outdoor better?

What is OHN? How much N did you apply foliarly? How long does it last?
That was grown indoors in my 4x4 tent under 520 watts of QB LED lighting.
I like both indoors and outdoors. I get denser bud inside.

Oriental Herbal Nutrient (OHN) is a fermented extract of edible herbs that is used in Natural Farming to provide soil and plant microorganisms with micro-nutrients. OHN is a mixture of aromatic herbs that are extracted with alcohol and fermented with brown sugar. It is used to:
  • Encourage beneficial aerobic microbes in the soil and on plants
  • Discourage the growth of anaerobic, potentially pathogenic microbes
  • Transform the soil into a fertile bed that fosters robust plant growth
  • Initiate a symbiotic process that is essential for maintaining a dynamic, living soil

I do not apply any other foliar fertilizers to my plants. I grow in a living organic medium, based upon Coot's revised no-till recipe.

Timj

I also harvested my white" Super Star" and yellow "Candy" storage onions today. I'm happy even though the yellows didn't get as large as I was hoping they would. The Super Star whites are a nice size onion being about the size of a baseball. 60 of each variety.
20240718_215239.jpg
20240718_215314.jpg