What's new
  • As of today ICMag has his own Discord server. In this Discord server you can chat, talk with eachother, listen to music, share stories and pictures...and much more. Join now and let's grow together! Join ICMag Discord here! More details in this thread here: here.
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

The Search for Trip Weed

EnjoyingLife

I'd rather not mention any examples as others may like the particular strains. I mainly mean too far stable/tame and a little distant from the parents which can narrow your ability to search for the pheno you want. Some may see this as a plus if they're not into breeding and selection, just as some people like fems or autos. I was just pointing out that I'm not a "fanboy" and there are genuine keepers in the GT :)
It may also be my growing ability, but it's just my opinion of the selection I've grown and sampled
I should point out that older, less blended strains excite me more and some of their newer old strains look quite enticing
" I mainly mean too far stable/tame and a little distant from the parents which can narrow your ability to search for the pheno you want". That makes sense to me.
I was asking to see if any of the strains I have from them meet that criteria =]

ThaiBliss

Veteran
i reckon shes pretty much done
...in more ways than one. LOL

Thanks sir. I appreciate the input.

I see it fading fast. I swear I noticed a difference between yesterday and today. I see that tomorrow only has a 78% chance of rain, the lowest percentage in the next 5 days. I'll bring her out into the full uncovered sun tomorrow morning, and chop when the clouds start rolling in.

I found some mold on the reveg plant. My heart is broken. Just a few weeks away from the transition to the dry season.

ThaiBliss

Veteran
Greetings,

Things are going well with my starts this year. I had more seeds sprout than I needed, so I culled a few of the fatter leaved and less pungent ones. The ones I have left have more of concentrated citrus aroma, and a couple have an added strong spicy smell. Much better than last year. I have more plants, and they are much bigger compared to this time last year.

They were put out months earlier this year. This is causing some dificulties given that it is still raining cats and dogs. They are in dire need of repotting again. They are showing root bound symptoms. I'll cut back the two males I selected for breeding. That one super male gargantuan plant is 4 foot 4 inches tall. I'll cut it in half or less. Some pictures before I cut and repot.

20241011_143526.jpg
20241011_143419.jpg

Here were my starts at this date last year. Hahaha. 😂

20231008_095249.jpg

I think I might be starting to get the hang of it here. :biggrin: 🤞

I have to give credit to a few people that helped me out. Two specifically are:

Donald Mallard
Verdant Whisperer

Thanks so much for all your advice.

ThaiBliss

Veteran
Good Morning,

It has been more than 6 months since I harvested last year's plant #2. A couple of days ago I gave it a test. I held off because I didn't want to be disapointed if it wasn't very good because it hadn't cured enough. It wasn't anything special, in my opinion. It is a touch better than plant #1, but considering the reputation of the lineage, it's a letdown. I will say that it has a decent nose. It has sharp lemon, a pinch of spice, with a bit of solvent aroma. The good part was that the high lasted a good while, with the high seeming to improve in quality after an hour. It got clearer as the high blossomed.

I still have some seeds to look through. I heard Kangativa looked through 30 plants before finding an exceptional Gypsy Nirvana Thai Stick. I'm not giving up. It seems I'm "in the ballpark" with these genes as far as morphology, terpene bouquet, etc.

One trait I very much appreciate is that it takes these plants 6 months to flower. Ha! It's hard to imagine that I'd ever think that, but it seems the best scenario in this climate. This year's plants are much bigger and earlier than last year's. But now I'm concerned that they are at a stage where they might not grow as large as last year's. I guess I always have to worry about something.
:giggle:
I'm hoping that they fill out the pots that they are in and need to be repotted into the bigger pots I used last year.

The big difference between last year is that the weather was much better for the early growth phase. Here are a couple of pics of this year's flowers on the apical meristems.

20241019_074731.jpg
20241019_074703.jpg

Cheers