What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

The Search for Trip Weed

Mimpi Manis

A much better growing spot than my subtropical mould hell. Yes the cure is too underrated. Looking at your C5 mango, you’re not going the full vac?
I tried to not take to the Full Monty this time just to see how it turned out. A strong vac can really make for a nice hash like result. (If its not too dry. I try to make sure I don't get a mould issue from bud which is too damp). I defer towards having a little oxygen at hand to assist the work on the chlorophyll draw down. Perhaps 80% is where I like to sit... as hard to know for sure where the sweet spot is? Experimentation is all we have at hand atm. So far its worked out well enough. In relation to what I like and results, this is definitely my default method.

Last edited:

ThaiBliss

Veteran
Greetings,

I moved a couple more of this season's starts outside, and put them in bigger pots. Hopefully, the better soil will kick start them. The first one I put out is looking fantastic. It's showing what I think is a male pre-flower. This makes me very happy.

For one thing, my males last year threw some pistils in the begining because I screwed up the indoor light cycle. My timer failed a few times, yada, yada, yada. This year I kept them under light 24 hours a day, and then moved or will move them out to the normal 12, +/- a smidge. So far, it seems to be the good plan. No timer even needed, and no gender confusion yet.

I didn't like the males last year, though the seeds from them will be tested. One of them didn't have a strong aroma or the types I'm hoping for. The other was pungent enough, but had a sweet, sandalwood smell. It reminded me of the Colombian side which is not what I'm after. The likely male this year is the most pungent from this year of all the GTS x (NH21 x MM) plants. It's not as pungent or desireable as the first one I found whose seeds I accidentally killed years ago. But it does have some great aromas, which would be the ones I more frequently associate with great pot. From my notes:

Lemon
Metalic
Sharp
Catpiss
Medicine

None of the other plants of this lineage so far in these two latest batches have had such good terpenes. It is also very vigorous, thin leaved, and lanky. It's strongly to the sativa side relative to the rest of this year's group. In my opinion, it is the first one from these two years that is worth cloning and testing. It looks like it will outgrow the new pot in about a week.
:)

Here is the beauty:

20240913_154324.jpg
20240913_152115.jpg

Ha! That stud is in beast mode!

ThaiBliss

Veteran
Greetings,

I took my wet season plant experiment well past a reasonable conclusion. It's now riddled with mold. I'll be fortunate to harvest half the buds on it. I moved it into my mini, but very tall greenhouse. It's called a coolhouse in these parts because no one wants it hotter. They just want to divert the rain away.
20240917_072448.jpg

Early morning pics of the coolhouse just before the sun starts hitting it. There is only room for a couple small plants and a handful of starts.

20240917_072248.jpg

20240917_072310.jpg

There are still some nice buds on this plant. The calyxes swell up dramatically on this individual. It reminds me of Super Silver Haze.

20240917_072122.jpg

20240917_072211.jpg

Next wet season, I'll start the plants two or three months earlier. Maybe I'll get lucky and time the harvest with the little summer (Indian Summer) that we get in this area, normally in July, the middle of the wet season. I'll also bring them in the mini coolhouse before the buds get any size to them.

Latest posts

Latest posts