What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

The Original O'l Farts Club.

HempKat

Just A Simple Old Dirt Farmer
Veteran
Hiring based on merit is what produces a quality workforce.
True equality is merit based and has nada to do with melanin.
I could be wrong but I think the skin coloer part of DEI has more to do with the Diversity. I think the Equity part refers more to females. At least that's how I always took it, I could be wrong though. As far as I can tell DEI is just a more modern version of Affirmative Action. I get the idea of such things is to get around the idea of Male dominated White Priviledge which I'm not against per se as long as it only allows in quality, competent candidates of other groups that might not have been represented. More often then not though it only brings in marginal candidates to meet arbitrary quotas established by such programs. I prefer to believe that employers hire based on competence and wouldn't pass up on a quality candidate based just on race, gender or other catagories that aren't already reflected in the list of employees.

HempKat

Veteran
Pretty smoky on my walk today as well. I probably shouldn’t walk in this but I gotta get my 10’000 steps in.
You could always invest in a treadmill for days when weather, temperature or other environmental conditions make outside undesirable. Or you could do what many old folka so to get their walking in when the weather is bad and just find a big mall nearby and walk around the inside perimeter of that.

SubGirl

Premium user
420club
I'm wearing my Old Spice

Hanging out at my apartment, smoking ice hash and watching the evening news.

What's everyone up to? Be well everyone 🙏
1728338193684.gif

HempKat

Veteran
I made a few calls earlier today to people who I know are gonna be knocking at my door looking for shelter. I asked them, especially the two guys that were here for the last storm last week if they could come over and help me hang the shutters boy did I get a lot of backpedaling and my back hurts through this or that, so I will get up there tomorrow with my one friend that is committed to come over and hang shutters… i’m debating whether I should let these guys in even though they didn’t offer to help me or just not answer the phone and keep the gate locked…
With the storm now at Cat 5 and nothing between it and Orlando to slow it down, I for one would feel better if you decided to take an impromptu vacation. You shouldn't have to go far, looks like the storm is going to cut across Florida and go out to sea, Maybe make a turn up the East Coast. I know you feel confident in your home's ability to shelter you and the boys and with your generator you got the electricity covered. I hope that if you're committed to staying you at least stocked up on enough food and TP to hold you since a Cat 5 could bring in substantial flooding. You could end up stuck in your home for a fair stretch.

Last edited:

SubGirl

Premium user
420club
Harvested the first outside plant today. Snowcain x Triangle Cush. I used the bowl trimmer as the buds looked like a pita to trim. I got a couple of racks drying. I call it the ugly weed as it’s not the beautiful buds like grew in my last tent grow. It is very sticky tho and has a crazy smell I can’t describe except that you can still smell it in my house as it’s in the spare bedrooms bath shower.
IMG_3252.jpeg

IMG_0749.jpeg

HempKat

Veteran
That's how the friend list grows shorter,but were they really a friend in the first place.........⚡
The correct respose from your friends should have been along the lines of, "I don't know how much help I can be, my back has been giving me lots of trouble? But if you're going to be kind enough to offer me safe harbor then the least I can do is to try my best to help you get the place ready." I bet if they came at you like that you would have just given them something easy to do and yet still be helpful. Oops, I'm sorry I thought I was replying to one of Boo's posts

Last edited:

oldfogey8

Harvested the first outside plant today. Snowcain x Triangle Cush. I used the bowl trimmer as the buds looked like a pita to trim. I got a couple of racks drying. I call it the ugly weed as it’s not the beautiful buds like grew in my last tent grow. It is very sticky tho and has a crazy smell I can’t describe except that you can still smell it in my house as it’s in the spare bedrooms bath shower.
View attachment 19080240
View attachment 19080241
I chopped and trimmed a plant today(too early☹️) and thought making an apple pie might hide the stink. My wife got home from work and said ‘you do some trimming today?’. At least she has apple pie…😂

Boo

Cabana’s bitch
Veteran
The correct respose from your friends should have been along the lines of, "I don't know how much help I can be, my back has been giving me lots of trouble? But if you're going to b kind enough to offer me safe harbor then the least I can do is to try my best to help you get the place ready." I bet if they came at you like that you would have just given them something easy to do and yet still be helpful. Oops, I'm sorry I thought I was replying to one of Boo's posts
I got a call earlier from my buddy Mark, he appologized and says he'll be here tomorrow at 10am...2 other have readily agreed to be here as well...all the shutters, tools, and fasteners are staged to begin the install in the morning...I guess he was having a bad morning...

HempKat

Veteran
I got a call earlier from my buddy Mark, he appologized and says he'll be here tomorrow at 10am...2 other have readily agreed to be here as well...all the shutters, tools, and fasteners are staged to begin the install in the morning...I guess he was having a bad morning...
Perhaps but if he knows all the health problems you're currently dealing with it could have been a twinge of guilt that got him to change his mnd? I know I'd feel guilty if I said I can't do any work, to a friend dealing with all you currently have on your plate.

Boo

Cabana’s bitch
Veteran
Looks like you will be on the high side of the surge wall hope it blows through quickly and doesn't linger.
Smoke doesn't seem so bad now.
😳
from what I've seen on tv I'm hoping the storm hits land sought of me...either way, it's gonna be a bad blow...a buddy still has 5' of water in him home on the Alafia river...he's got 3 waterfront rentals that are also under water...I'm hoping my office is gonna get thru the weather...40 year old metal roof may be a bit frail...

SubGirl

Premium user
420club
I chopped and trimmed a plant today(too early☹️) and thought making an apple pie might hide the stink. My wife got home from work and said ‘you do some trimming today?’. At least she has apple pie…😂
I tried to kill,the house with food smells too seared a steak which set the smoke alarm off. That did it for a while but you can still smell it in my hallway😳 we have no apple pie tho