What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

The Original O'l Farts Club.

Yarddog

You feeling any better today YD?
So so. Waiting to see if a fever comes in this evening. That’s the dealbreaker. If I can get over whatever is ailing me I’ll get stronger in a day or two and be back on my feet. I’m sleeping a few times through the day. Which is highly unlike me. I never take naps. Stomach is not happy. Probably shouldn’t have eaten mussels like that so soon.

OleReynard

So so. Waiting to see if a fever comes in this evening. That’s the dealbreaker. If I can get over whatever is ailing me I’ll get stronger in a day or two and be back on my feet. I’m sleeping a few times through the day. Which is highly unlike me. I never take naps. Stomach is not happy. Probably shouldn’t have eaten mussels like that so soon.
Recently went thru covid first time, was on the verge of nausea when I said hell with it.
Ate some buffalo wings took care of it

Africanna

I made a few calls earlier today to people who I know are gonna be knocking at my door looking for shelter. I asked them, especially the two guys that were here for the last storm last week if they could come over and help me hang the shutters boy did I get a lot of backpedaling and my back hurts through this or that, so I will get up there tomorrow with my one friend that is committed to come over and hang shutters… i’m debating whether I should let these guys in even though they didn’t offer to help me or just not answer the phone and keep the gate locked…
Help where & when we can I believe and show kindness, ignoring their problems and expect nothing in return. It'll come to you in other ways

Boo

Cabana’s bitch
Veteran
cal mag, epsom salt and carbon load. Today I fed them.
that's what I did to the three I kept...
Help where & when we can I believe and show kindness, ignoring their problems and expect nothing in return. It'll come to you in other ways
it's funny, 6 hours after I was told "I can't do any work" quickly changed to I'll be over there to help at 10am...that'll make 5 of us...considering 2 are slackers we should be good...got all my power tools charging and the shutters brought up the the house...it's been almost 10 years since I looked at my shutters, I couldn't find the trailer and it's load for almost 1 hour of looking...I forgot I have a 20'x20' building behind a huge stand of bamboo...there it was, looking right back at me...done for the day, gonna get my mind right...as right as it's gonna get...

dogzter

Drapetomaniac

it's funny, 6 hours after I was told "I can't do any work" quickly changed to I'll be over there to help at 10am...that'll make 5 of us...considering 2 are slackers we should be good...got all my power tools charging and the shutters brought up the the house...it's been almost 10 years since I looked at my shutters, I couldn't find the trailer and it's load for almost 1 hour of looking...I forgot I have a 20'x20' building behind a huge stand of bamboo...there it was, looking right back at me...done for the day, gonna get my mind right...as right as it's gonna get...
Nicely done and that's a relief.........forgot a building indeed.
😆

BrassNwood

Veteran
How's the leg doing any Improvement?

I gain a bit every day. I can stagger around the house without the cane. Getting stoned is tricky as I'll take off walking and near fall on my ass when the leg doesn't work like I expect it to.

Thanks for asking.

I made a few calls earlier today to people who I know are gonna be knocking at my door looking for shelter. I asked them, especially the two guys that were here for the last storm last week if they could come over and help me hang the shutters boy did I get a lot of backpedaling and my back hurts through this or that, so I will get up there tomorrow with my one friend that is committed to come over and hang shutters… i’m debating whether I should let these guys in even though they didn’t offer to help me or just not answer the phone and keep the gate locked…

1728334397571.png

1728334429940.png

1728334469943.png

oldmaninbc

420club

Where it gets cloudy for me is, people who are "users," I have no desire to encourage their behaviour.

I always remember the wisdom from a woman who helped a struggling, mean and angry young man.
In his own words, "she loved the hate right out of me."
Some are born with a tremendous amount of kindness.

hello Africanna

SubGirl

Premium user
420club

Mine. Loaded soil with some root starter. Calmag water. They have come around a lot though They were kinda bent and the top leaf damaged a little but I think soon I won’t even see that.
IMG_0746.jpeg

oldmaninbc

420club
Mine. Loaded soil with some root starter. Calmag water. They have come around a lot though They were kinda bent and the top leaf damaged a little but I think soon I won’t even see that.
View attachment 19080208
Look out, mom is here, things are going to be nurtured.

Hello Sub, I ve got to get ready to go into the village, I want to go to one of the fruit stands.
Want to get some apples and garlic, lots of garlic. Some squash and what veggies look good. The Mrs. has called me several times now, I better get moving. Yikes!

oldfogey8

I’m sitting here waiting to go to the gym this morning watching the weather reports. It appears that I am in the Bullseye range of the storm and it was just upgraded to 154 miles an hour wind and we’re expecting 10 to 12’ of tidal surge… when I built my home, I was told I had a 200 mile an hour wind capacity for the structure, but I’m thinking those windows are gonna pop out pretty quick. I got the word out to one of my friends yesterday and I’m going to see what I can get today to show up for tomorrow, so I can have the shutters installed …
I hope you and the boys do well with this storm, Boo.

oldfogey8

Late -- even better -- addition:

The shithead KNOWS that the sign guy set up that trap just for shitheads like him.

Caught him by the bells. He has to go on every day -- every TRUMP sign he sees -- being reminded how TRUMP supporters made him kick himself in the nuts and pocketbook... as well as giving the wife something to hit him with every time they see a TRUMP sign.
I’d like to try that but I worry my boy Zig would fk with the booby trap…
IMG_4425.jpeg