What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

The Original O'l Farts Club.

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
All I know is that it’s a straight sativa and it’s called C99. A friend sent it to me when I was looking for a straight sativa to try and grow in my humid area. It’s growing good but I’m not use to the fluffy buds but I’ve alway grown hybrids or indica.
C-99 is generally known as a sativa dominant strain…..with so many pollen checker's today….?

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
All I know is that it’s a straight sativa and it’s called C99. A friend sent it to me when I was looking for a straight sativa to try and grow in my humid area. It’s growing good but I’m not use to the fluffy buds but I’ve alway grown hybrids or indica.
Start pulling some when the terps are flavorful. They change as the flowering progresses. If you wait for ten % amber the smell can go from lime to coffee, sorta. They yield well, so pulling progressively will give you variety in the smell and plenty of dope.

Lost Tribe was gifting C99 beans that smelled fruitty and finished in 50 days. Didn’t look like a skinny leaf sativa at all, but was good.

dogzter

Drapetomaniac
CSC-0571 (1).jpg

Dried Funkberry going into glass for some cure time.
If I hold it long enough for all the green to turn it tastes amazing.
Very cherry flavored at that point.
Blueberry,skunky anise when still green.
Heavy,stony high that lasts one of our faves.

HempKat

Just A Simple Old Dirt Farmer
Veteran
Yes I think the indica strains have the most beautiful buds. I’m trying to start some now in my tent just to have an easier grow without them growing everywhichaway trying to strap them down. Just needed a break/change. Did want to try the grow as you want to thing outside tho so if I’m gonna grow them, even the strong sativa hybrids like the TKs outside is a good choice as we can see with the lemon Betty TK cross

i was just looking for pics of true sativa buds and they do look a bit like mine. This is one on Reddit that went 17 weeks in flower. (That’s a hellofalongtimeinflower)
View attachment 19067068
You know, I haven't said anything until now but you keep refering to C99 as a true sativa. Now I'm not sure what that means to you, maybe you mean that it's a sativa hybrid that looks like a true sativa? To me a true sativa is when a strain only has sativa in it's genetics but C99 is actually a sativa dominent hybrid. Now some people consider C99 to only be true if it came from the Brothers Grimm line which had an indica/sativa ratio of 15:85. I'm guessing because it was so popular that other breeders came up with their own versions that might have had a different ratio? I grew a feminized C99 once that came from FemaleSeeds.nl (gifted to me by Gypsy back when I first came to ICMag from OverGrow). I have no idea what it's ratio was but I think it must have been different because I remember it being much denser plus the fan leaves didn't have quite as much of the sativa characteristic as yours (meaning the fan leaves were a bit less thin and not quite as long as yours). Anyway I'm not quite sure how far your C99 is from finishing but it looks like they might have a few more weeks left. If so then maybe the buds will become denser in the last few weeks when the buds tend to get that final swelling. If the calyxes in the buds you took picks of swell up a bit more I think you might have a more satisfying denseness to your final product? Another thing that might explain it, is that the more prized pheno of C99 was the pineapple pheno. The C99 I grew definitely wasn't the pineapple pheno and I can't recall ever seeing pics of the pineapple pheno to compare to yours so maybe that could explain why it's not as dense as you'd like? Do you notice a strong pineapple scent to them? Regardless even if they don't get denser I'm confident they'll still delive that nice 22% THC level that C99 is rated at, and afterall in the end that's what really matters, IMHO.

This is what my C99 looked like when I harvested after 10 weeks of flower:
C-99-10-Harvest-Budshot3.jpg

Last edited:

cola

Good Morning All (OF's):

Wishing each and every one of you, a pleasant morning, wonderful day, and outstanding evening.
I am currently pretty tied up with projects and work, so wanted to start with a daily check in hello.
Today's Monday: "Can't Trust That Day". And the work week begins. One day closer to a weekend!

See you all tomorrow (again)! (y):)

BumSplodgeBrownPants

Hi SubGirl,

Fluffy buds are fun! Your plant looks like a sativa type, where the C99s I have come across have been very squat hybrid types. Your friend may have selected towards that, there is haze in the genes i believe.

My C99 I hold beans of in the fridge is done in 50 days (for me) from 1st pistils and is quite tight. Lots of bucket dinkers. (Buds that make that dinking sound when you throw them in the bucket at harvest time). Pineapple and tropical funk scents and quite an uplifting high.

This is her indoors. (CMH 315w and batmix mud)

dscf0030-jpg.18891588
dscf0031-jpg.18891589

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Good morning brothers and sisters!
bigarmhug.gif
puffpuffpass_smilie.gif

A gorgeous clear day here starting at 51F and predicted to reach 76F.

The seafood birthday brunch buffet at Salty's was so good that I napped afterwards and didn't eat the rest of the day..........

Gym this morning and the new blender that I ordered is due, to replace the defunct Vitamix, so I can finish the pesto I started Saturday.

oldfogey8

Littleleaf

Veteran
Morning :violin:

More of the same O same O. A/C job, brake job. Waiting on parts job.

Fence is now 90% cow proof. Now I can let my arms heal lol.

Man, we are very lucky it's been very dry or the SB would be rotten to the core. (was last time I grew it) They are getting real closes to being ready to harvest. Seeds are ripe and already falling off the buds. Going to be allot of volunteer weeds next year.

Up N outa here...

SB 5 she's a thick chick.....

sb5.jpg

Last edited:

jokerman

Premium user
Yes boo is one of us. Welcome Joker1
Easy Subie Lou
We have make sure this person really knows Boo.
We need ask questions that only Boo would know to make sure.
I would ask questions like
How many toes does he have on his left foot
Does Dutch lift his left or right leg whilst peeing
What was Eirlenes favorite thing to eat
Does Ivan like lizards or squirrels when it comes to killing
at least get a FBI report!
Welcome Joker 1 !

Latest posts

Latest posts