What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

The coco container

Desert Hydro

Veteran
I’m back after a long hiatus. I found out I had iron bacteria in my well and it was killing my plants. Took two years to figure it out and I almost gave up entirely. Two years of failures and I was through. Ready to give it all up. Donjuanmatus aka the lone tree from the coco trees thread helped me figure it all out. Now I haul water which is a major pain in the ass but I don’t have to worry about the bacteria anymore.

I’m in the same 40’ reefer, with a 4 x 30 flowering space. It’s divided into two watering zones and I stagger the zones about a month or so apart. I was running big plants and blumats but after a failure killed 25% of my harvest in one giant plant I’ve decided against them for flower. I will continue to keep my mothers on them.

I now run the full Athena pro line on a top drip system, netafim .5gph drippers x2 in a one gallon pot. Right now I’m flooding for two minutes every two hours during lights on.

I’m using multiple smaller lights from HLG because I used to run long narrow soil beds. I’m going to upgrade to some grand master eventually

Attachments

• IMG_1716.jpeg
    IMG_1716.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 9
  • IMG_1723.jpeg
    IMG_1723.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 10
  • IMG_1722.jpeg
    IMG_1722.jpeg
  • IMG_1717.jpeg
    IMG_1717.jpeg
  • IMG_1721.jpeg
    IMG_1721.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 7
  • IMG_1681.jpeg
    IMG_1681.jpeg
    3.7 MB · Views: 11

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
Thanks for sharing, friend. It sounds like that was a hard lesson to learn with a lot of loss. When growing in a soil-less mix, I have found that one needs to start with pure water. Are you hauling in RO water? Your garden looks killer and amazing and I appreciate this thread. I'm riding with you, bro.