What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

The Original O'l Farts Club.

dogzter

Drapetomaniac
Well Ol paint... It's friedday night. We're just going to sit around, get stoned and watch the weeds grow.

View attachment 19065973 View attachment 19065975

@Unca Walt When/If you find someone reasonable. To retrieve data/ pictures from the hard drive. Hit me up with a link. I have a hard drive that has 10,000 plus of :canabis: pictures I want back.

View attachment 19065976
Top pic second one in from the right looks like a man in a gilly suit to me.
😆

My Honey got these bamboo sheets .
It will be a first.
Gonna miss my popeye sheets.
That's just wrong to take your Popeye sheets.
😮
those thoughts you had have been processing for a few days now...15/1 odds aren't in my favor but there will be a price to pay for what they did to me...I'm very angry and it's gonna brew until there is a resolve...

suppressors are our friends... ;)
Don't do that the cops are involved now.
Just cuz that woman didn't go kick the door doesnt mean she isn't doing a official Karen on them.
A very polite,kind and worried follow jp call is most definitely in order I assume she gave you her card?

Goldhedge

I spoke to the cops earlier this afternoon about the shooting that went down on my property. The female detective said that she is afraid to walk out on that property by her own self because there’s seven people that are very sketchy that live over there, multiple warrants are out for them, Documented illegal aliens, and one wife beater… if I read between the lines, I’m being told that they’re not going to do a damn thing. Now it’s up to me to determine the best avenue of approach to deal with this situation.
got a backhoe?

SSS

Goldhedge

I just got offa the phone with Brother Boo.

IT's ALIIIVE!

Yes! STRUTH!! You are blessed/cursed/bored/sexually excited/amazed (pick any three) with the incredible event that yer Aged One has returned.

Long was my dark journey. And expensive. And it ain't over by a mile.

It all began a (seemingly) thousand years ago -- but actually about 1000 fargin posts ago on this site. A really pissed-off Zeus sent five fargin bolts of lightning into the South Floriduh telephone poles. All within ten minutes.

So my poor 25-year old 'puter kept trying to restart, getting zapped halfway through. On the 5th power blip, the hardfile ("hard disk" for youngsters) of my puter lost the plot. Would not start up.

Geek Squad guy came to my place twice (at multiple hundreds $$ each time), finally handing me the hardfile and saying: "It'll cost you $850 to get them to just receive it. **IF** they are successful in resurrecting it, and they probably won't be, it'll cost you several thousand dollars for them to try."

So I bought a new computer. The new computer required a different kind of monitor (USB port type, not cable). So I bought a new monitor. 'Nother coupla K-bucks between 'em.

That is when I discovered that my email addy was no longer mine to use. Cancelled because I could not remember the fukkin' password for email I used ONCE in 1992 or so.

So I was assigned another password for a different email addy by the Computer Geek guy. When I went to sign in to Old Farts, I had to use the new password. Of course, it was not recognized by the software and kicked me out.

So I signed in with my OLD, original password. No joy here.

And the Amazon Prime software took me on the same route <-- The old password is gone, kaput, no longer there in the cyber world. Did not have the sekrit password for my paid-for Amazon Prime either. So how could I get the new, sekrit sign-on?

Fact is, I couldn't. And Amazon Prime one-upped the ante: In order to get out of the same circular toilet-flush of furgled passwords, they sent me a notice saying I had to take a photo of my drivers license and bring it to my fukkin' bank for clearance before I could buy anything from them because it was "suspicious activity".

There is no human contact possible on any route with Amazon Prime software to clear it up like there is here.

So I am in the mood to help Boo out by going up to his place and using my bringumhome SKS to wipe out his entire neighborhood** for him.

**Just kidding -- I'd only wipe out his next door neighbors. And I would still have Amazon Prime to deal with. (*sigh*)

I found an old memory plug-in that had stuff (newest about two years ago), so I haven't lost everything***

***Three of my novels, and my genealogy files were recovered. Thousands of picture files gone.

Shoot, the Geek Squad is a ripoff! You coulda bought me a round trip ticket and I woulda come over and set you up for free... 'cept for 3 hots and a cot for a day or so!

A high school kid next door woulda done it too!

BrassNwood

Veteran
Uncle Walt

1726296428121.png

Many times the old drive will still read most of the data but part of windows is damaged and why the drive won't boot up. You can remove the drive from the old computer and plug it into the new one with this $3.00 cable and see if it can be gotten into. It'll show up as D: drive or such in the new puters file tree.

All you are out is the $3.00 if it doesn't work. I've recovered data from the last 3 dead laptops with this.

HempKat

Just A Simple Old Dirt Farmer
Veteran
Oh wait that was me. I wonder how they prove dreams?
They make you see a psychiatrist, he/she can't exactlly prove dreams but they know enough about dreams that they can tell when someone is trying to fake it and when they're being real. Look, if you really got PTSD then keep trying to get it but if this is all fake then you should stop. I know the money potential is tempting but there's bad karma attached to faking a disability when there are real disabled vets out there who really need the help because they really do have it but they're struggling to get it because the system is having to block people trying to fake it in order to get a work free income.

Last edited:

HempKat

Veteran
Well Ol paint... It's friedday night. We're just going to sit around, get stoned and watch the weeds grow.

View attachment 19065973 View attachment 19065975

@Unca Walt When/If you find someone reasonable. To retrieve data/ pictures from the hard drive. Hit me up with a link. I have a hard drive that has 10,000 plus of :canabis: pictures I want back.

View attachment 19065976
Have you ever tried to retrieve them yourself? I've had computers go down because the OS got corrupted and there was data on that same drive (since it was the only drive on the system that crashed). The drive itself though was still functional. So I saved it, then after I built a new system with a new drive for the OS I hooked that old drive up as a secondary drive and was able to navigate to the folders where the files I wanted to save were and I was able to copy them to my new drive.

Just for future reference, and this is to anyone interested, there are two things you can do, well actually three things, to keep a drive functioning in good shape longer then the computer. One and perhaps the most important, only buy quality drives with good reputations. The best in my opinion is Western Digital aka WD drives. They have several different levels of drives optimized for different kinds of use, generally speaking for most average computer users the WD Black series is the best with still having a good price point. Then after that the other two tips involve keeping the drives in good shape.

So tip #2 is to defrag often. As you write stuff to drives and then later delete stuff files get fragmented, meaning part of the file is in one part of the drive and the rest is in another part. Fragmented files make the drive work harder and it slows performance because the drive is spinning longer and the heads move around more as it looks for all the fragments in order to do whatever that file is telling it to do. When you run defrag it looks for the broken file fragments and puts them back together so that your drive runs more efficiently and doesn't have to work as hard. This process will make your drive fast like it used to be and it will free up some space. Windows has or at least used to have a simple defrag routine built into it but it doesn't work well and takes forever to finish. Plus it has to be run manually. There are better defrag programs you can buy that do a better job, can be set to run automatically in the background and they're reasonable priced. The best one that I've used, used to be called Executive Diskeeper made by a company called Condusiv Technologies www.condusiv.com As they've upgraded over the years they've also changed the name of the program now it's called DymaxIO and if you install it on your system it will keep your drives in great shape.

The 3rd tip is to do your best to keep from filling your drive more then 80% full or to put it another way try to keep your drive with at least 20% free space. When it gets above 80% look for old files you don't use anymore and remove them. It used to be more critical back in the older days when drives were less then 1 Terabyte in size Even with drives that are a Terabyte or more though, they'll wear out quicker if you keep them perpetually above 80% full.

Last edited:

HempKat

Veteran
Uncle Walt

View attachment 19066080

Many times the old drive will still read most of the data but part of windows is damaged and why the drive won't boot up. You can remove the drive from the old computer and plug it into the new one with this $3.00 cable and see if it can be gotten into. It'll show up as D: drive or such in the new puters file tree.

All you are out is the $3.00 if it doesn't work. I've recovered data from the last 3 dead laptops with this.
Yeah this is an effective way to access an old drive too but if you get a new computer when an old one dies it will usually be able to hold up to 4 drives counting drive C: so if you want to be cheap and save the $3 you can just temporarily install the old drive in one of the empty drive bays and have it show up as drive D that way. Then once you've copied out the files you want to say you can reformat the old drive and it will probably still work and you can use that drive as a spare storage drive. To do that though you need to understand how to properly install a secondary drive in your system. If you don't know that you would probably be better off using the USB connection. You could still reformat the old drive and probably use it for storage purposes but you would have to plug it into the USB port to access it when you need to. The advantage though is if you have files you want to save off your computer due to sensitivity concerns then this is a good way to go.

HempKat

Veteran
Drive motor quit spinning. I think it's going to take more than a USB drive, but thanks for the info.

Somewhere in this house is 3 or 4 thumb drives with pics on them. But where? lol Been looking for 2 years.... View attachment 19065980
You're probably right in that if the drive motor failed and it can't spin up then you'll need a recovery service to save files. However, when a drive won't spin up it's not always due to a bad drive motor. If it's an OS drive that has become corrupted and unrecognizable to the motherboard's BIOS then it won't spin up. When that happens the drive can still be accessible in a non boot position in your system.

HempKat

Veteran
those thoughts you had have been processing for a few days now...15/1 odds aren't in my favor but there will be a price to pay for what they did to me...I'm very angry and it's gonna brew until there is a resolve...
Oh I can imagine, as I recall the car they damaged was one of your more if not most prized car, as a car collector that means your anger is at rightous levels. All that being said, I was really just joking and trusting you would never seriously go thru with that. You've gotten mad about wrongs done to you before and expressed ideas of revenge that might get yourself in trouble but you've always been wise enough to back down because deep done you're a good guy. I just though it might be helpful to have someone recognize the rightousness of your anger. Chances are the law would come after you if you did take matters into your own hands. Since they were okay with you enough to come talk to you. I understand a lone female detective not wanting to confront a group of unsavory people by herself but that shouldn't stop her from getting several burly male officers to back her up. Just being a dangerous group of people shouldn't be enough to thwart the police entirely. Anyway good luck, hopefully some reasonable resolution will come to pass.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts