What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

The Original O'l Farts Club.

SubGirl

Premium user
420club
Break time...

Only made about a 1,000 feet on the fence. Through wait a minute vines, (thorn vines) hackberry and cedars. Sht be thick.... Amazing on how fast the forests takes back over. It only been 42 years since the fence was built. All wood posts. Going back with T posts.

Will snaps some pics of the forest next time I go back.

Cooling down. Then a sammach.
Watch out for chiggers 😳

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
The grass looks like it needs a trim.:)

Your veggies look great!
Almost your Birthday....

I think it's either today or tomorrow.....Happy B-Day Grey Wolf! Lets all join in and wish GW a Happy and Enjoyable Birthday.....

ATTACH]

OleReynard

Just me, but I would be looking for plant strains that are specific to your outdoor region. A lot of indoor plants sound good and outdoor plants but the environment plays such a huge part that it can't be ignored.

Like I say, I grew my first plant in the 60s and I am still learning to this day. It's difficult for information & learning to soak into my dense head.:)
That's were the best off the beaten track gear is from pnw, western Canada and into alaska

SubGirl

Premium user
420club
Just me, but I would be looking for plant strains that are specific to your outdoor region. A lot of indoor plants sound good and outdoor plants but the environment plays such a huge part that it can't be ignored.

Like I say, I grew my first plant in the 60s and I am still learning to this day. It's difficult for information & learning to soak into my dense head.:)
I did try sativa and mostly sativa hybrids this year because from what I have read, they do better in hot humid conditions which we have here in Virginia where I live. I do like their structure better taller, less vegetation, nice and airy too. I did a few things different this year including strain choices in hopes of better than 50% this year. Next year I will have more sun as the city will be cutting down trees around the lake tributary behind my house so maybe next year I can plant directly in the soil where I have room but not enough sun this year.

oldmaninbc

I did try sativa and mostly sativa hybrids this year because from what I have read, they do better in hot humid conditions which we have here in Virginia where I live. I do like their structure better taller, less vegetation, nice and airy too. I did a few things different this year including strain choices in hopes of better than 50% this year. Next year I will have more sun as the city will be cutting down trees around the lake tributary behind my house so maybe next year I can plant directly in the soil where I have room but not enough sun this year.
Well, one good thing, you have about a year to make next years outdoor decisions. Several of the seed companies had similar recommendations for strains suitable to Virginia. In my mind it would be best if an outdoor grower here offered you a proven outdoor Virginia strain. Or if you knew a longtime outdoor grower from your area. You know what your doing, you just need the right strains.

HempKat

Just A Simple Old Dirt Farmer
Veteran
I've been living amongst the mennonites for 4-5 years now and while their lifestyle and farms are respectable and even enviable, I can tell you at least one thing - much to tourists or outsiders popular beliefs - they aren't people that care to even be talked to - unless it's for business - and only between the days of Monday to Saturday.

If you aren't Mennonite, the best you can hope for is to be a business "acquaintance" or customer of theirs, and money will surely be involved.

People are always surprised when I tell them they aren't really friendly or even entertaining to their literal neighbours (probably rightly view us as city invaders) or tourists.

They literally won't have any interest in being your friend whatsoever or even entertaining you in conversation UNLESS you are buying something.

They are a VERY money oriented folk, much to peoples surprise..

Lastly -- I've heard they've been growing weed in their greenhouses for decades now -- usually not very good though lol

maybe their one deviation from the "law" -- but it's because they don't follow modern law, but their own version, and will pay off any fines involved when it comes to this

A long post, sorry

And long winded (as usual) way of saying "they're an interesting people" and very money/business oriented, or else completely uninterested -- and ONLY IN MY EXPERIENCE! Not trying to generalize, but I do feel this is extremely accurate to this area which is the densest in all of Canada
Well none of what you said there surprises me although it wasn't anything I would say I already knew. I did however have the impression that if you aren't part of their church then they don't really want to deal with you any more then absolutely necessary for business. The whole understanding I had of them was told to me when I was still a yound child (less then 10) and what was said to me is that if it isn't in the bible then they don't use it. The example given to me at the time (50+ years ago) was that instead of zippers their pants were tied, because there aren't an mention of zippers in the bible. obviously that has changed because what I read recently was that those who have become more modernized are such that you couldn't tell they were Mennonites just by looking at them. This definitely wasn't true of the Mennonites I say when I was 10 and I was told what I was told back then. It all happened back while visiting the Lancaster region of pennsylvannia which has a large population of Amish and Mennonites. Which all started from me asking why the dressed differently then everyone else and still rode around in horse and buggies.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Ah man, it's been awful this year Gypsy.
Was it the Zamal with the rot? Mine was full of it. 😒

Edit - just remembered i posted pics on the last page. :biglaugh: :biglaugh::snap out of it:
Yeah Splodgy - looks like one of the two Zamal's - in the same pot - got the rot - so I've done a chop - trim and hang with that plant - and another very similar one next to it that looked like it was turning too -
- happens so quickly - just had big rain and little wind - so the humidity was waaay up - these past days - ideal conditions for mould - glad that I caught it before it got far - even if I have to harvest now - should still have some nice buds to last me thru Christmas - 🎄

Latest posts

Latest posts