What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

The Original O'l Farts Club.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
I do find it easier to motivate myself to go to the gym, rather than go to my garage.

I can always have a sneaky McD's on the way home too.
I don't run a hot water boiler at home - just a big electric kettle - so I either go to the gym for washing/cleaning/power showering and shaving - or sometimes take a bath at the cats house - they've got 2 bathrooms - and let me use the spare one - so long as I leave it sparkling clean - and wash me own towels - which is real proper to do anyways -

- I don't like ever leaving any mess for someone else to clean up - that would be embarrassing 😉 - and my warm up for the gym - is the fast mile I walk to get there - and always stretch well before the walk - so I arrive all stretched out and warmed up - ready to assault the weight <or is it assaulting me 🤔 ? -

Hmmm - plus it's a regular event just going there -3-4 or very occasionally 5 times a week - a beautiful walk along the Thames river tow-path - to either gym/health club - and they both have pretty good swimming pools - although the one near Thames Ditton is far better than the one in Kingston - as it was an old water board pumping station from the Victorian era - that's been converted into a health club - so the exterior architecture - and high ceilings in the pool area - plus the pools larger size - make it the more favourable place to swim - do hydrotherapy - aqua aerobics etc - lots to do there - I just keep moving/working/lifting - for about 2 hours straight - to make the most of my time there - 1hour in the pool - 1 hour in the gym - plus a 2 mile walking round-trip - keeps me going - gives me strength and energy - which is nice 💙 -

Boo

Cabana’s bitch
Veteran
I’m waiting to leave for the eye doc right now for my post op appointment to see how good I can see. You should get some glasses boo. Seeing good is so much better. You don’t even realize what you have been missing struggling to see stuff. Hope you’re feeling well today 🥰
Subbie, in the last five years, I’ve gone to the optician twice to get glasses specifically for reading, my distance was good… two pair of glasses from two completely different doctors and I couldn’t use either pair because they’re just so strong when I put them on read. I use 1.75 for my readers and I can actually read the street sign much better if I keep them on the bridge of my nose.

oldmaninbc

Subbie, in the last five years, I’ve gone to the optician twice to get glasses specifically for reading, my distance was good… two pair of glasses from two completely different doctors and I couldn’t use either pair because they’re just so strong when I put them on read. I use 1.75 for my readers and I can actually read the street sign much better if I keep them on the bridge of my nose.
Did they not test your eyes properly, why were your glasses too strong?

My wife has 3 different viewing lenses in one, I think she said they are called progressive lenses, expensive glasses but she does the driving and reads for me when I can't see to read.

SubGirl

Premium user
420club
Did they not test your eyes properly, why were your glasses too strong?

My wife has 3 different viewing lenses in one, I think she said they are called progressive lenses, expensive glasses but she does the driving and reads for me when I can't see to read.
It’s not actually glasses old man. They replaced my lenses (in my eyes) with like a prescription lens that they installed on my eyeball. Today my eye test was good and she said she Needed to correct one thing in my left eye but let’s wait 3 months to fix it. She also said it takes a while for your brain to catch up to your new eyes. The way my scatterbrain is it may take longer 🥹. But she said that my eyesight was good and the surgery was a success.

oldmaninbc

Just finished cutting the grass....I am done for the day......
The speed at which your lawn has been growing must be getting ready to slow down. What are you going to do with yourself during the winter months. No yard or garden to look after.

I am going to get my garden cleaned up soon, all except for the sunflowers. A couple years back I brought thrips into my tent because of yard clean up. I won't let that happen again, that sucked.

I hope to have my tent up and running by mid Sept.

SubGirl

Premium user
420club
Reading glasses are not for reading street signs. Maybe your eyes have changed again. Just make an appointment to get them checked

oldmaninbc

It’s not actually glasses old man. They replaced my lenses (in my eyes) with like a prescription lens that they installed on my eyeball. Today my eye test was good and she said she Needed to correct one thing in my left eye but let’s wait 3 months to fix it. She also said it takes a while for your brain to catch up to your new eyes. The way my scatterbrain is it may take longer 🥹. But she said that my eyesight was good and the surgery was a success.
Sorry, I was asking Boo about his problem with different glasses not working right(too strong).

Anyhow, I am glad you have had a successful time with your eye fix. It helps if you and I are paying attention to details, you might catch something I miss.

I do remember reading something about our eyes and it's actually are brain that interprets what our eye rod and cones sends back to the brain. When I did my grade 12 biology to get into college. I was going to be tested on the eye and its parts and or a understanding of a woman's menstrual cycle, go figure.

How are all your furry friends today?

SubGirl

Premium user
420club
Sorry, I was asking Boo about his problem with different glasses not working right(too strong).

Anyhow, I am glad you have had a successful time with your eye fix. It helps if you and I are paying attention to details, you might catch something I miss.

I do remember reading something about our eyes and it's actually are brain that interprets what our eye rod and cones sends back to the brain. When I did my grade 12 biology to get into college. I was going to be tested on the eye and its parts and or a understanding of a woman's menstrual cycle, go figure.

Sorry I must still be blind 🤣🤣🤣

D. B. Doober

Boston, MA
Veteran
FB_IMG_1724705581266.jpg
crud muffins

SubGirl

Premium user
420club

they are dirty and Maryjane gave her cold to my cat Louie

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The speed at which your lawn has been growing must be getting ready to slow down. What are you going to do with yourself during the winter months. No yard or garden to look after.

I am going to get my garden cleaned up soon, all except for the sunflowers. A couple years back I brought thrips into my tent because of yard clean up. I won't let that happen again, that sucked.

I hope to have my tent up and running by mid Sept.
Our climate is mild enough that our grass grows year around. I does require watering during the summer to stay green, but it rains enough in the winter that I turn the sprinklers off...............

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
Sorry you are having so many issues with your eyes

grow marijuana

Watching the news. Not sure what to make for dinner, can't be that many options. What's everyone doing?
Smoking my first bowl of the day

Latest posts

Latest posts