What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

The Original O'l Farts Club.

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I guess that would depend on if he’s a sweet romantic guy or a snake in the grass. I usually try to be optimistic in most situations but if it looks like a duck…
Ever practical, but you could have a range of reactions from exactly the same action by your hubby. His action didn't change, only your perception of motive.

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
450309104_458902657071702_762281694775450324_n.jpg

oldmaninbc

I would stick the jar in the freezer for a couple days and then filter it through a coffee filter, before evaporating it away in a Pyrex pie plate or casserole dish.

The "Winterizing" step removes the inert plant waxes.

Isopropyl is rated by the FDA as a Class 3 solvent, so the allowable residual solvent is as follows:

Solvents in Class 3 (Table 3) may be regarded as less toxic and of lower risk to human health. Class 3 includes no solvent known as a human health hazard at levels normally accepted in pharmaceuticals. However, there are no long-term toxicity or carcinogenicity studies for many of the solvents in Class 3. Available data indicate that they are less toxic in acute or short-term studies and negative in genotoxicity studies. It is considered that amounts of these residual solvents of 50 mg per day or less (corresponding to 5,000 ppm or 0.5 percent under Option 1) would be acceptable without justification. Higher amounts may also be acceptable provided they are realistic in relation to manufacturing capability and good manufacturing practice (GMP).
Thanks GW, yes, there is about 1/4" of sediment in the bottom of the jar. I have made oil in the distant past. I am assuming that the product at the bottom of the grinder is mostly glands that have hardened. Should make an interesting oil. I appreciate the information you included.

oldmaninbc

Morning OldMan. Yup, always look forward to a 3 day fishing trip. Been on dozens of these over the years. Green River in Utah, San Juan in New Mexico and the Big Horn in Montana are a few of my favorites. But, nothing compared to a back pack trip to a high mountain lake in the mountains is my favorite. To old for that now....gotta have a bed, beer and no 60 lb pack on my back.
I've heard many favorable comments about trout fishing in Montana. Even when I lived in Ontario many moons ago, my friend took a trout fishing trip there.

I am hoping next spring to take a 21/2 hr drive to Echo lake and meet up with my son and family for a long weekend getaway. We have been there before and it is a well liked. It's a decent size lake(173 acres) with 7 lakefront cabins. With good family fishing right off the cabin dock. A more skilled fisherman would be on the hunt for some of the larger trout.

Here is a little info copied from their site👇🏻

All fishing methods (jigging, trolling, spin casting, fly) work at Echo, whether you’re on shore or on the water. Introduced fish species include Gerrard, Pennask, Blackwater and Fraser Valley Rainbow Trout and Kokanee Salmon. Every year, the Freshwater Fisheries Society of BC introduced 15,000 yearling triploid Blackwater stock which has been done for many years. Lake Trout are a natural species to Echo Lake. The largest Rainbow Trout recorded was 16 lbs and in 2022, 5-10 lbs Rainbow Trout were frequently caught.

Echo Lake Resort is vigilant about preventing the spread of invasive species, particularly aquatic invasives, please do your part!

jokerman

Premium user
I think the cannabis entrepreneur thing in MA is done unless you have some sort of hook to sell your product. There are 3 dispensaries within a mile of my house and the parking lots are always empty. I would think a better investment would be stoner snacks. Less regulation. Less licensing headaches. Cheaper to manufacture.
I am available for quality control.