What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

The Original O'l Farts Club.

jokerman

Premium user
Until just a few months ago I only had an old school meat thermometer which as you know is not good for a steak or chop. All the nice recipes say that the thermometer is your best friend so I put it on my research list but the next day went to an estate sale and picked one up for a dollar. I’m sure it’s a cheap one but it does measure temp in just a few seconds opposed to minutes. How long does yours take? Is it instant Like one of those the doc uses now not even touching the skin? I have much better luck cooking meat by temperature.
It takes 2 to 3 seconds.
I have seen digital thermometers for $20
Thinking of getting another to keep by the grill cause it saves me 5 steps

bigsur51

On a mailtrain.
Premium user
Veteran
420club
A ladybug and a laddy-bug maybe? View attachment 19051629

and please remember to let the larve grow into maturity

for a long time I never knew these were baby ladybug's

IMG_2246.jpeg

IMG_2247.jpeg

IMG_2248.jpeg

jokerman

Premium user
Until just a few months ago I only had an old school meat thermometer which as you know is not good for a steak or chop. All the nice recipes say that the thermometer is your best friend so I put it on my research list but the next day went to an estate sale and picked one up for a dollar. I’m sure it’s a cheap one but it does measure temp in just a few seconds opposed to minutes. How long does yours take? Is it instant Like one of those the doc uses now not even touching the skin? I have much better luck cooking meat by temperature.
As I reread I also have a gun I can point at and take a temp.
I used it to ck temp on plants soil and other things.
I take temp on a grill because sometimes the grill is not hot enough to sear a chicken thigh and takes the skin off which is not advised at my house and leads to punishment